PDA

View Full Version : Dig girls/boys with glasses?

Shelsman
09/09/2005, 1:02 PM
Men seldom make passes........at girls who wear glasses.

Is this true?

From my own perspective I'd have to say yes.

BTW this is a quote of the author Dorothy Parker -just in case there are any objections by the female foot.ie users.

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 1:09 PM
I say it holds true for women too......or maybe I'm just unappealing to the opposite sex. ;)

dahamsta
09/09/2005, 1:38 PM
I totally dig girls with glasses. No idea why, but totally.

Macy
09/09/2005, 2:09 PM
I say it holds true for women too......or maybe I'm just unappealing to the opposite sex. ;)
Of course it does speccy 4 eyes. :D

It depends on the glasses - I mean they'd have to be a very fit girl to get away with Deirdre Barlow ones...

tetsujin1979
09/09/2005, 2:38 PM
not even a little bit true for me

tiktok
09/09/2005, 2:49 PM
Maybe it's growing up with eighties telly, where the secretary would remove the frumpy glasses and let her hair our of the bun to automatically become the hottest girl in the room,
Maybe it's because I'm not an attractive man and I think they won't notice that due to poor eyesight,
Maybe it's just because I know I can't hit them in the eye should our first date consist of a game of darts,
but I like girls with glasses, they have Specs appeal :D

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 3:38 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not an attractive man and I think they won't notice that due to poor eyesight . . . :DI like it! :D

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 3:41 PM
A girl taking off her glasses slowly is soooooooooooooo sexy.
Oops. Scratch that. I am a safely married man now. :o

Green Tribe
10/09/2005, 3:46 PM
I think in the past, say 10-15 years ago, there was more of a slagging given to people wearing glasses, but now so many people wear them, it is nothing unusual. Plus, glasses are much nicer looking now than previously, some of them in the 80's!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

superfrank
10/09/2005, 3:47 PM
I don't think it matters, to me anyway.

Tram_14
10/09/2005, 4:04 PM
Emm.. yeah.... put me down for a girl with glasses too

paul_oshea
10/09/2005, 5:05 PM
"I totally dig girls with glasses. No idea why, but totally."

its the refinded look, thats why, the secretary type look. quality look. i dont agree with that statement at all.

Pauro 76
11/09/2005, 12:05 PM
Nah glasses are sexy, especially the librarian/secretary ones on fit girls! sexiest specs wearer, that singer Anastacia! glasses are that in now, girls wear them even though they dont need to!

Green Tribe
11/09/2005, 2:13 PM
Nah glasses are sexy, especially the librarian/secretary ones on fit girls! sexiest specs wearer, that singer Anastacia! glasses are that in now, girls wear them even though they dont need to!

Something like this you mean Pauro 7........? (http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/images/ugly_girl.jpg) :confused: :D

Bluebeard
12/09/2005, 11:42 AM
Just bumped into a female friend wearing glasses for work - looks much better with the glasses on than off.

Lionel Ritchie
12/09/2005, 12:26 PM
A girl taking off her glasses slowly is soooooooooooooo sexy.
Oops. Scratch that. I am a safely married man now. :o

so -by logical extension, if she removed her hearing aid slowly or perhaps a prosthetic limb -that too would be sexy yes?

...how about a hairpiece?

Dawn_Run
12/09/2005, 1:01 PM
Something like this you mean Pauro 7........? (http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/images/ugly_girl.jpg) :confused: :D

Definitely should have gone to specsavers...

paul_oshea
12/09/2005, 1:14 PM
Definitely should have gone to specsavers...

....and weight watchers

Roo69
12/09/2005, 2:40 PM
I totally dig girls with glasses. No idea why, but totally.

Agreed, even more so since i had laser surgery myself. Especially the dirty secretary looking ones ! :D

strangeirish
12/09/2005, 2:50 PM
Just bumped into a female friend wearing glasses for work - .

Maybe you should be wearing some yourself... :D

Pauro 76
14/09/2005, 5:34 PM

heh heh definitely not! But am definitely for the speccy type ladies. with the city type power suits! Yes!

Plastic Paddy
15/09/2005, 6:43 AM
Men seldom make passes........at girls who wear glasses.

Is this true?

From my own perspective I'd have to say yes.

BTW this is a quote of the author Dorothy Parker -just in case there are any objections by the female foot.ie users.

That would be the same Dorothy Parker who gave us "you can lead a whore to culture, but you cannot make her think". Top woman. :D

And yes, Mrs PP does indeed wear glasses. :)

Not that men tend to avoid bespectacled beauties; they just usually avoid chatting-up women who they perceive as more intelligent than they are. Any thoughts on this one, ladies?

:ball: PP

drinkfeckarse
15/09/2005, 12:34 PM
they just usually avoid chatting-up women who they perceive as more intelligent than they are.

Yeah but all men know that's just not possible though..... ;)

KR's Post
16/09/2005, 3:27 PM
Glasses are glasses lads. I'm with some1 at the moment who wears glasses..... Nothing wrong with it!

paul_oshea
16/09/2005, 3:52 PM
why are ye thinking of getting rid of her soon or something? or is she sitting beside you while you were typing that entry?

Drumcondra Red
16/09/2005, 4:04 PM
Hahaha!!! Sorry about that Tarzan, like coke bottles are they??? :D :D :D

Éanna
19/09/2005, 9:06 PM
When I saw a thread entitled "Men seldom make passes" I thought it was about the footballing qualities of the Longford Town squad......

RedX
19/09/2005, 10:32 PM
When I saw a thread entitled "Men seldom make passes" I thought it was about the footballing qualities of the Longford Town squad......

Thats exactly what i was thinking also Eanna... :D

dahamsta
19/09/2005, 10:50 PM
I didn't clicky on the poll cos it didn't make any sense to me, so I've edited it to be a bit more blunt. Here's the results from the original.

True - 5 - 11.36%
Partially true / some influence - 14 - 31.82%
False - 25 - 56.82%

Cosmo
20/09/2005, 8:13 AM
why are ye thinking of getting rid of her soon or something? or is she sitting beside you while you were typing that entry?

Haha, no response - she must be sitting beside him so :D

Seriously it doesn't matter a f**k - I was with a couple of chicks with glasses lately (though they were probably half blind so that explains alot :o ).

Like if Britney suddenly wore glasses would you say no :confused:

Shelsman
20/09/2005, 12:34 PM
I didn't clicky on the poll cos it didn't make any sense to me, so I've edited it to be a bit more blunt. Here's the results from the original.

True - 5 - 11.36%
Partially true / some influence - 14 - 31.82%
False - 25 - 56.82%

Was just about to PM you about someone changing my poll :mad: :mad: :mad: then realised it was you! :confused:

dahamsta
20/09/2005, 1:23 PM
As you can see, when you edit the poll to get to the point, you find that most people just like clicky buttons. :)

pete
20/09/2005, 1:47 PM
Whats the digging thing? I thought we weren't supposed to hit people with glasses?
:eek:

KR's Post
20/09/2005, 4:17 PM
NO and NO.... Some of the abuse on hear from you is terible. First he thinks i'm a fag, then this!!!! :eek:

Green Tribe
20/09/2005, 6:37 PM
NO and NO.... Some of the abuse on hear from you is terible. First he thinks i'm a fag, then this!!!! :eek:

:D POS is such a wee bitch isn't he? ha ha ;) :D

Drumcondra Red
20/09/2005, 8:42 PM

So is he right or wha???

KR's Post
21/09/2005, 4:28 PM
So is he right or wha???
NO of course. Jesus NO!!!!!! And as for me girl, we're as strong as ever!!!!!

paul_oshea
21/09/2005, 4:58 PM
ya tarzan you never said if you jane was a man or woman though!!! thats what drumcondra was getting at ;)

which questions were ye answering like?

i honestly think though that it looks sexy on girls, but on guys it looks nerdy or geeky, surely the refined look for men means nerdy!!! i.e. there is no refined look for men???

paul_oshea
21/09/2005, 4:59 PM
@POS is such a wee bitch isn't he? ha ha@

i thought you liked that KT ;) ;)

Green Tribe
21/09/2005, 10:47 PM
@POS is such a wee bitch isn't he? ha ha@

i thought you liked that KT ;) ;)

:D oh aye! :eek: :D