PDA

View Full Version : Barbados front man wants Longford switch

Neil
18/06/2001, 8:46 PM
Erratic Galway United striker Eric Lavine is eyeing up a move to Stephen Kenny's Longford Town, eircom League Online can reveal.

The livewire Barbados international was embroiled in a well-publicised fall out with then Galway boss Don O'Riordan last season which resulted in the former effectively leaving the club before the end of the season.

O'Riordan has been sacked in the meantime, prompting rumours that Lavine would re-consider his decision to cease playing for the westerners.

However, the 30-year-old has claimed that he is to join Longford on a one-year deal, despite the fact that he lives in Galway, works in Galway, and has a son in Galway. It is certainly a case of watching this space in the near future.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:22 AM
Why can City never get into the bidding for recognised players?! We're supposed to be a big club!

gheewhizz
19/06/2001, 1:33 AM
Not any more, cause "De Town" beat city in the cup;)

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:36 AM
Poxy flamin jackeen wannabe bog trotting scum!:D

p.s. good luck next season, we're rootin for ye in Europe:D

gheewhizz
19/06/2001, 2:14 AM
Éanna don't call me a jackeen:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm LONGFORD TILL I DIE :D :D & I'm Proud to be a Longford man;)

But I would like to see more country clubs bet the jackeen clubs next season & hope when the PD changes over to a 10 league that a couple dublin clubs go down:D :D

Pauro 76
19/06/2001, 8:29 AM
Might not be a bad signing, yeh i know he was a one match wonder last year, but he'd increase competition for places at the very least.

Pauro 76
19/06/2001, 8:40 AM
OK im up to 30 posts, does this promote me now?

Pauro 76
19/06/2001, 8:41 AM
Guess it does now, no more of this Junior Member crap now, today PHOOTBALL.COM, tomorrow the world! Ah ha ha!

Macy
19/06/2001, 9:01 AM
Whats the story with lavine, after you lambasting me for even speculating it last week. Maybe my sources aren't so bad after all :cool:

Sinéad
19/06/2001, 4:20 PM
Heard this before.....Could it be true?? :confused:

Macy
19/06/2001, 4:26 PM
since he fell out with Galway (actually in longford wasn't it?).
Not sure I think he would be a good signing - 8 goals last season, 4 in one match. Hardly the consistent scorer we need. But then who am i to doubt the Kings wisdom (if he does sign). Also he'd be on relativly big money

Macy
19/06/2001, 4:28 PM
That the initial posting is lifted from Johnny's site (eircomleague.net) - naughty neil forgot to credit/ give the link.

Pauro 76
19/06/2001, 4:31 PM
Is Lavine a full international? Cos it could affect his game too, see what happened Dwight Yorke.... :confused:

Macy
19/06/2001, 5:01 PM
I don't think it was international football that effected Yorke's game - I can think of a couple of other reasons...... ;)

Éanna
19/06/2001, 6:02 PM
My humblest apologies to longfordians! I would never undeservingly call anyone a jackeen! It's the greatest insult known to mankind!

Macy
19/06/2001, 6:09 PM
Or are you just trying to make the top of the postings list, like

joe
19/06/2001, 7:59 PM
Are we about to find out if Sinead has a mean strike?
Will she give Eanna a warning?
She's been all sweetness up til now, but how long will that last?

Sinéad
20/06/2001, 6:17 PM
Mean strike???? do you not mean "mean streak"??? Ok, I'm confused now.....:confused:

JC_GUFC
21/06/2001, 4:01 PM
Yeah Eric is a full international with Barbados - last season after he scored 4 against Harps in the 1st game of the season he then went on WC duty with Barbados in the USA - after 40 minutes he got sent-off and they lost 7-0! He then flew back to Ireland and played for us against Bohs in Dalymount 48 hours after the game in Boston - we lost that 5-0!

Anyway if you did sign him and we were to get a fee I'd be happy enough - he wasn't very good last season 6 goals in about 30 games after the 1st day, also he never scores in the winter!! ;)

CU
JC

Sinéad
21/06/2001, 5:17 PM
Did Lavine have the players to help him, thats my question! I have to say though I don't care if Kenny signs him or not......I just don't have much faith in him! What about Moran from Sligo Rovers...Kennys after him and hes a class striker........Time will only tell.......................

gheewhizz
21/06/2001, 11:59 PM
So far, all the players that was on the hit list have signed or will be signing within a few weeks. But for about 10 weeks everyone in LTFC ECM said that Lavine is not for the Town & would be too expensive wage wise & Fee wise...But from what I hear now...Lavine ;) from one LTFC ECM & no way from another LTFC ECM :confused: So now I am confused like everyone else :confused: :confused:

So Macy I'll trust you on this...If you say he is signing for us...I'll go with it :(

Macy
22/06/2001, 8:57 AM
I hear we're very close to signing another striker, who may have been mentioned on this board before......

gheewhizz
22/06/2001, 11:21 AM
Thats correct Macy, He is signing when he comes back from his Holidays.

Macy
28/06/2001, 1:12 PM
Rumours abound that Lavine was at the game last night, and the impression one of my sources had from speaking to Stepho was that we are talking to him and a move is a possibility......