PDA

View Full Version : Three sporting dying wishes

OwlsFan
09/09/2005, 10:02 AM
If before you die you could be granted 3 sporting wishes you could see come true in your lifetime, what would they be ? Mine would be:

(a) Ireland win the World Cup in Germany with Glenn Whelan, in the squad because Roy Keane refused to travel because there were no prawn sandwiches available on the plane, scoring the winner in injury time against England.

(b) Shamrock Rovers get a new stadium of their own and attract crowds of 20k+.

(c) Waterford win the all Ireland hurling final (land of my foremothers) and go on a celebratory trip to Sheffield :eek: where Wednesday have just won the Premiership (neatly getting in 2 wishes there).

tiktok
09/09/2005, 10:42 AM
1) City in the Group Stages of the Champions league
2) City to beat Celtic/Liverpool Home and Away in the Group Stages on the Champions league
3) Me to score for City as they beat Celtic/Liverpool Home and Away in the Group Stages on the Champions league :D

gspain
09/09/2005, 11:03 AM
1) Limerick to win the Champions League

2) Ireland to win the World Cup.

3) Munster to win the Heineken Cup.

Macy
09/09/2005, 11:13 AM
1) Longford to win the league, winning the final match relegating cork, just as they start a song about us lacking ambition

2) FC United to takeover MUFC as the whole glazer family is wiped out in a prolonged and painful way

3) The majority of the population realise they're mugs for spending so much on foreign football and rediscover our own league in their thousands.

Aberdonian Stu
09/09/2005, 11:16 AM
(1) UCD, as Champions league winners, beat Aberdeen in the European Super Cup final
(2) An Irishman to become Undisputed Heavyweight boxing champion of the world.
(3) Ireland win the World Cup.

pete
09/09/2005, 11:56 AM
3) Me to score for City as they beat Celtic/Liverpool Home and Away in the Group Stages on the Champions league :D

He said wishes not dreams :D

1. City to make CL Group Stages & qualify to next stage.
2. RTE show Celtic v Ukbechistani team in CL instead of Cork City v Real Madrid, mass protests outside Montrose which leads to public enquiry & government resigns. ;)
3. 20,000 people attend a eL game.

hoops1
09/09/2005, 1:21 PM
1. me to win the euro lotto allowing me to purchase Bohs
and then ordering them to wear green and white hoops before
folding the club and selling the ground to a property developer
to build a animal hospital in its place

2. longford to stop hoofing the ball at every match v Rovers
so me and my friends no longer have to spend the second half
talking about how we can pluck our eyeballs out rather than watch them

3 Rovers to win the league on the last day of the season 5 years
running only to lose out in year 6 to Shels but Rovers complain of tirdness
after winning champions league final previous week beating bohs on penaltys

liam88
09/09/2005, 1:30 PM
1. Ireland to win the World Cup in 2006-preferably against Brazil, Germany or England in the Final
2. Celtic to beat Rangers in the champions league final
3. Me to be at either match

Dodge
10/09/2005, 4:53 PM
3. 20,000 people attend a eL game.
Seen that...

1. Pats to win Champions League (beating Madrid in the Nou Camp)
2. An Irishman win 100 metres final in Olympics (will settle for 1,500 metres)
3. An Irishman to unify the World heavyweight boxing titles

The Stars
10/09/2005, 8:41 PM
1.Nobody in Ireland to give a sh!t about the English or Scottish leagues.
2.20,000 to attend every sligo rovers league match.
3.An ice-cream machine at any football ground.

CollegeTillIDie
10/09/2005, 9:19 PM
1.Nobody in Ireland to give a sh!t about the English or Scottish leagues.
2.20,000 to attend every sligo rovers league match.
3.An ice-cream machine at any football ground.

1/ I would whole heartedly endorse this one! :D
2/ As a follow-up... Full Houses at all EL grounds. ;)
3/ This one is the most likely to be achieved sadly of the three. :mad:

The Stars
10/09/2005, 9:20 PM
I know...its a sad state of affairs

CollegeTillIDie
10/09/2005, 9:22 PM
Seen that...

1. Pats to win Champions League (beating Madrid in the Nou Camp)
2. An Irishman win 100 metres final in Olympics (will settle for 1,500 metres)
3. An Irishman to unify the World heavyweight boxing titles

1/ I've seen the future and this will happen in 3005. :D
2/ When all the Irish Born Children of African parents grow up we will finally have Irish people who can actually sprint and this will happen
3/... sooner than you think

RedX
10/09/2005, 9:23 PM
1.Cork City to be Champions of Europe....

2.Rep of Ireland to win the World Cup..

3.Longford Town to fold....

Conor H
10/09/2005, 9:27 PM
1.Galway United to win the premier League
2.Galway United to relegate Sligo Rovers in the last minute in the showgrounds(again) :D
3.To see Terryland full every week,not only when there's a big match on.

The Stars
10/09/2005, 9:31 PM
1.Galway United to win the premier League
2.Galway United to relegate Sligo Rovers in the last minute in the showgrounds(again) :D
3.To see Terryland full every week,not only when there's a big match on.
At least mine were realistic........come on man!

superfrank
10/09/2005, 10:13 PM
1. To see us win the League
2. To see us win the Setanta Cup
3. To see Wicklow win something in the GAA

TheOwl
11/09/2005, 2:08 PM
1. Irish Champions Shelbourne to beat English champions Sheffield Wednesday in the CL final, with Weso and Glenn Whelan then joining forces in Ireland's world cup winning team (all going to happen in 2010 - trust me!)

2. An Irish basketball team made up entirely of players who came through the Irish schools system to play in the Olympics.

3. Dublin to win an All-Ireland football and hurling double.

Mayo Red
11/09/2005, 3:03 PM
1. Sligo Rovers to get back playing European football again.

2. An Irish team to make it to the group stages of the Champions League.

3. Government investment and better marketing in the Eircom League and more people getting out to support their local team instead of sitting on their arses watching Sky Sports!

Bosco
11/09/2005, 3:55 PM
1)Longford to win the all-ireland league which attracts crowds of minimum 20,000 every game.
2)The fai to get there act together and develope proper facilities to allow us to develope young players which leads to no players crossing the water to england.This to pay off resulting in us constantly contending for the world/euro cup.
3)For barstoolers to realise how stupid they have been and begin to support their own league

jorge
11/09/2005, 6:12 PM
1.Peru to win the World Cup.

2.Rovers to win the Champions League.

3.To have four EL teams in the CL each year.

thejollyrodger
11/09/2005, 6:31 PM
4 ?? we would have to be in the top of the co-efficent league. do even england have that ??

1. Ireland to qualify for the World Cup 2006.
2. Shelbourne to make the UEFA Cup group stages (next season).
3. Ireland to find a new world class striker (as good as Ronaldo).

Partizan
12/09/2005, 11:53 AM
1. Blues to win the league
2. Waterford to win the All-Ireland
3. Ireland to win the World Cup
4. Partizan to win CL.
5. Spend my final 24 hours swimming in a vat of Carlsberg.

ye cant bate that

Patrick Dunne
12/09/2005, 12:18 PM
1. GUFC get drawn away against Chelsea in Champions League
qualifier.

2. United fans sing "Can we play you every week ?" as Ryan Casey sprints past the lethargic Chelsea defence to score our third goal at Stamford Bridge.

3. GUFC invited to join G14

Kingdom
12/09/2005, 12:22 PM
3. To see Wicklow win something in the GAA

There's always the Nicky Rackard Cup. ;)

OwlsFan
13/09/2005, 9:20 AM
1. Blues to win the league
2. Waterford to win the All-Ireland
3. Ireland to win the World Cup
4. Partizan to win CL.
5. Spend my final 24 hours swimming in a vat of Carlsberg.

ye cant bate that

Not too good at counting in Waterford:5 not = 3.

What's the connection with Partizan (Belgrade ?) ?

pedro
21/09/2005, 4:04 PM
1. some scumbag joyrider from dublin to waltz into formula 1 backed by his billionaire scumbag mate who won the euro millions, he then proceeds to to win every race while shaggin all the pitlane chicks and boozin it up like a true 70's racer. after every race he gives a big shout out to his mates....keitho..packo..aido...franko etc...(actually shane mcgowen would be just the ticket for this scenario)

2. eric cantona's lovechild (i'l let u's choose the mother!) burts's onto the football scene and turns out be be a chip off the old block.

3. ireland win the world cup final against england with clint, scoring a "was it or wasn't it over the line" screamer after which we go on to blather about it for the next 40 years. quality!

joeSoap
22/09/2005, 9:37 AM
1). I win the biggest ever EuroMillions jackpot.

2). I win an even bigger EuroMillions jackpot the following month.

3). I assume position of 'WORLD LEADER' and appoint George W. Bush as my main monkeybutler.

Stevo Da Gull
27/09/2005, 10:30 PM
There's always the Nicky Rackard Cup.

You just wait and see what we've got up our sleeves............. armpads!! :o

1). Bray Wanderers to win the cup on front of a sold-out Lansdowne and all of the Bray fans that go keep on comin back (obviusly I hope that a carlisle crush can be avoided as I think our capacity might not be quite enough).

2). To win the World Darts Championship and find a Trillion euro note during my celebrations so I can buy Bray Wanderers (get top class training facilities, youth academy etc), and build a 25,000 all seater stadium (1 brilliant for atmosphere) where the Wanderers and Wicklow (GAA) will play on front of a full house regularly.

3). Bray win the Setanta Cup and make the UEFA Cup group stages (and have an undefeated home record in the comp) where they become regulars before winning the competition (or the Champs lge) the year I die (while I'm still alive), during this time Wicklow become the dominant force of Irish Iomáiníocht and a Cross-Border/All-Ireland/Whatever the fudge u wanna call it League is formed in which Bohemians get relegated from in its debut season. With the result of the League changes the Setanta Cup reforms to include Scottish and Welsh teams, a competition which Bray dominate for the most part.

That is only 3 wishes as 'tis all a nock-on affect...... Can I get away with that :eek: ........ Oh well, time to wake up and go to bed :confused:

(4. Cork play Shels in a Champs Lge semi-final, match gets heated resulting in Olly Byrne and Damien Richardson getting in a brawl. Roddy Collins comes out and knocks out both men with boxing gloves on before he announces that he will replace Jose Mourinho as Chelsea manager :eek: :D !)

sligoman
28/09/2005, 12:31 AM
(1). The Ireland squad to consist of all EL players
(2). Ireland to hold the record for most WC tournament wins
(3). Sligo Rovers to be feared across the world and be better than the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan etc.

superfrank
28/09/2005, 1:58 PM
That is only 3 wishes as 'tis all a nock-on affect...... Can I get away with that :eek: ........ Oh well, time to wake up and go to bed :confused:es out and knocks out both men with boxing gloves on before he announces that he will replace Jose Mourinho as Chelsea manager :eek: :D !)
That'd explain alot about you today.....

By the way, I hope to whatever God it is that controls football that Roddy is never put in charge of Chelsea!! :eek:

aberharp
30/09/2005, 6:58 PM
in no particular order

1. ireland win the world cup
2. ireland achieve the grand slam in rugby
3. win a gold medal at the olympics. just the one will do i'm not greedy

gustavo
01/10/2005, 1:22 PM
ill go for a more acheivable aim than sligoman

1. Sligo Rovers win the Premier Division and develop into the dominant force in the eL.
2. Ireland to win the World Cup/Euros
3. Ireland squad to be a mix of homebased and foreign based players , only the very best players feeling the need to leave ie Portugal , France , Holland

sligoman
01/10/2005, 1:26 PM
ill go for a more acheivable aim than sligomanHey, what I said is achievable. Well in my dreams anyway:o

davey
01/10/2005, 4:08 PM
1) Ireland to win the world cup - beat England 3-2 in the final after being 2 down with 10 minutes left. Winner scored by Zilbane:D

2) Jimmy White to win the World snooker championship

3) Ireland to win Euro 2008, again beating England in the final, this time 4-3 after being 3 down with 10 minutes left:D :D

The Stars
01/10/2005, 5:41 PM
well,sligoman one of your dreams kinda came through.
Ireland are currently joint top of the least World Cup Final victorys with 0.

Cosmo
01/10/2005, 6:18 PM
1. Drogheda to win a proper trophy (amd dominate the league forever)

2. Ireland to win the World Cup

3. Roy Keane to win the Champions League with Man Utd before he retires

onenilgameover
01/10/2005, 7:56 PM
Ireland win world cup 2006

Ireland win euro champs 2008

Ireland retain world cup 2010 (roy keane finally retires)

ccfcgirl
01/10/2005, 9:04 PM
1 To have a son that became the best footballer in the world(how proud id be)
2 Cork city to win a european trophy
3 The Eircom league to getting bigger gates (meaning 40,000 = at every match)

Thunderblaster
01/10/2005, 10:52 PM
1. The GAA finally arriving into the 21st century.
2. The FAI having their house in order and no more Merriongate Scandals and damning Genesis Reports.
3. Emphasis on more coaching and development of our children in soccer rather than having the SFAI U.11 Menton Cup and the SFAI U.12 Norton Cup. Holland runs 7 a side under 12 soccer on small pitches with small goals and the emphasis is on quality rather than competition.