PDA

View Full Version : Atmostphere at Lansdowne road

pegan
09/09/2005, 8:59 AM
First of all can I congratulate the fans for the wonderful support given to our team on Wednesday. We were that 12th man...

As for the FAI efforts were they not pathetic... The PA system for starters - I took an interest in it before the game and at half time - It was only farcical, Ive heard louder noise at church! So much for all the efforts we made to get a decent Irish song used. PATHETIC

Any one notice the Irish flag on the official flag pole - as one paper said yesterday, a child on st patricks day would be carrrying bigger. Em, dont we own a decent size flag, FAI? Pathetic

Where were all the flag wavers and 'airmen' that weve had at previous games. cost to much FAI, PATHETIC

Use of a dedicated singer to sing our anthem ,,,, no,,, ok PATHETIC

We did our thing to support the team, FAI, well, I rest my case :mad:

tiktok
09/09/2005, 9:22 AM
The Hats RTE sport handed out were a nice touch, as were the Eircom banners (which looked well as the teams came out). It helped add colour, and right around the stadium there was a lot of Green on show which was great.

It's the best atmosphere I've experienced in Landsdowne in a long long time.

We definitely did our part.

I think it's better to let the crowd sing the anthem though than giving it to a single singer with a mic though, it lends to the atmosphere and IMO encourages people to sing louder.

Pablo
09/09/2005, 9:27 AM
First of all can I congratulate the fans for the wonderful support given to our team on Wednesday. We were that 12th man...

As for the FAI efforts were they not pathetic... The PA system for starters - I took an interest in it before the game and at half time - It was only farcical, Ive heard louder noise at church! So much for all the efforts we made to get a decent Irish song used. PATHETIC

Any one notice the Irish flag on the official flag pole - as one paper said yesterday, a child on st patricks day would be carrrying bigger. Em, dont we own a decent size flag, FAI? Pathetic

Where were all the flag wavers and 'airmen' that weve had at previous games. cost to much FAI, PATHETIC

Use of a dedicated singer to sing our anthem ,,,, no,,, ok PATHETIC

We did our thing to support the team, FAI, well, I rest my case :mad:

FAI = Failure

i couldnt belive the size of our flag. disgusted

Rover 2 U
09/09/2005, 9:31 AM
I thought it was disgracful that while the Carlsberg band (or whoever) were marching around the pitch at half time to generate some noise and entertain the supporters, the bloody PA system was belting out Christy Moore. The PA announced the band and asked for support as they marched around and then proceeded to put on some tunes! Unbelievable! Get it right lads, one or the other.

tiktok
09/09/2005, 9:43 AM
I thought it was disgracful that while the Carlsberg band (or whoever) were marching around the pitch at half time to generate some noise and entertain the supporters, the bloody PA system was belting out Christy Moore. The PA announced the band and asked for support as they marched around and then proceeded to put on some tunes! Unbelievable! Get it right lads, one or the other.

Commented on this at the time, agree 100%.

As I said we did our part, but the FAI can't even run a home match properly

Lim till i die
09/09/2005, 9:57 AM
I wasn't at the game so maybe its not my place to comment but from what I saw on telly the athmosphere at Windsor Park was far superior to Lansdowne. Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety :confused:

Dawn_Run
09/09/2005, 10:05 AM
Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety :confused:

I have to disagree with you there. From what I could see the 'suits' did their part too. Didnt see many of them around at all. I even heard the upper west start a tune at one stage :p

Lim till i die
09/09/2005, 10:14 AM
Still don't think Lansdowne Road has an intimidating athmosphere tho. Not by a long, long shot

Cosmo
09/09/2005, 10:15 AM
I have to disagree with you there. From what I could see the 'suits' did their part too. Didnt see many of them around at all. I even heard the upper west start a tune at one stage :p

I always sit in the upper west and its usually alright at the part that is near the north terace

dublinred
09/09/2005, 10:21 AM
I wasn't at the game so maybe its not my place to comment but from what I saw on telly the athmosphere at Windsor Park was far superior to Lansdowne. Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety :confused:

Winsdor was buzzing before during and after the game , it was quite ironic to see the Nordies with green wigs and their faces painted green but fair play to them they created one hell of a atmosphere.

Lim till i die
09/09/2005, 10:28 AM
Winsdor was buzzing before during and after the game , it was quite ironic to see the Nordies with green wigs and their faces painted green but fair play to them they created one hell of a atmosphere.

Yep I'd swear I saw one fella in a leprechaun hat taking part in an Ulllllster chant :eek: :D Fairplay to the planters they do good athmosphere, now if only we could get them to follow the Republic aswell :eek:

Tram_14
09/09/2005, 4:48 PM
Have to say the atmosphere was great and I was in the French end which was full of Irish......

One of the funnier moments was outside Beggars Bush pub when the French team bus went by. It was packed ouside the pub at that stage & the abuse and chanting at the bus was incredible. I looked along the bus at all the players who looked genuinely freaked out..... EXCEPT Zindane who was on his own at the back of the bus p!ssin himself laughing, very funny moment, of course the bus would of got the same abuse 30 seconds later outside slatterys!

livehead1
09/09/2005, 4:52 PM
i was outside the wellington n that loner zidane was at the back laffing his head off on his mobile fone 2 someone at the crowds takin the pis* n domenech was waving till he realised he wasnt gettin a greeting, was mad craic

pete
09/09/2005, 5:01 PM
domenech was waving till he realised he wasnt gettin a greeting, was mad craic

Classic!

:D

keenanboy
09/09/2005, 5:28 PM
Good alright, even the West Suits weren't the worst. But in fairness, that entrance music is so lame its unbelievable! I think its track no:14 on "Synthesiser Magic", not available in the shops.

Fergie's Son
09/09/2005, 6:47 PM
The Carlsberg Band aren't even a band insofar as they don't play the instruments. They just walk around holding them for no apparent reason.

The FAI are clowns.