PDA

View Full Version : Not Looking Great!!!!

nickeyoc
09/09/2005, 8:55 AM
Just took a look at the table there and I'm kinda worried. Has anybody else noticed that if we dont starting winning, things could get bad. If Waterford go on a winning streak and we do nothing, we are going to find ourselves in a bit of trouble.

With all these injuries at the moment, im really not confident at all :(

Aberdonian Stu
09/09/2005, 8:59 AM
It's been brought up by a few people lately but I'm not worried...yet. Mainly because although our form isn't great I can't see more than one of the bottom three catching us even in our current state.

nickeyoc
09/09/2005, 9:15 AM
Well with probably the best two players on the team out at the moment (McNally, Martin) and for how long, I dont know, I think its possible that we may be enjoying some more time in the 1st Division next season!!

I admire your optimism though!

Aberdonian Stu
09/09/2005, 11:09 AM
I think the injury problem with McNally is only serious because of Kenna's knock. McNally is very good but Shortall is an adequate replacement. A Shortall-Kenna combo should suffice, although obviously McNally-Kenna is preferable.

As for Robbie, well given our lack of potency that is a problem but I think he's either behind or at best level with Tony Mc on the scoring front this year. Podger, for all the slagging I give his wing play, might pop up with a couple and Conan the Destroyer might get some from the bench.

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 11:44 AM
I'm 110% confident of our security. Neither Harps nor Waterford will catch us.

hoops1
09/09/2005, 12:11 PM
Not a chance in million UCD will go down
They are so far better than Harps and Waterford
Its just not going to happen

CollegeTillIDie
09/09/2005, 10:01 PM
Hoops1
Thanks for the vote of confidence pal, but arithmetic dictates that we will need more than 37 points to stay out of a play-off position.

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 10:23 PM
I still maintain we're abolsutely grand. We pick up a point today as did Harps and Waterford while Bray, Pats and Shamrock Rovers all lost. Ok we threw two points but our lot only impoved today.

Colie
09/09/2005, 10:59 PM
I'm 110% confident of our security. Neither Harps nor Waterford will catch us.
You can never be 110%, it's not possible when not being used as a comparison. UCD maths dept would be ashamed. :) I, on the other hand, am 100% confident that we'll stay up. :cool: Waterford are not gonna pull out of this one.

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 11:27 PM
You can never be 110%, it's not possible when not being used as a comparison. UCD maths dept would be ashamed. :) I, on the other hand, am 100% confident that we'll stay up. :cool: Waterford are not gonna pull out of this one.

Feck off, you are a former Arts student yourself. ;)

Colie
09/09/2005, 11:43 PM
Feck off, you are a former Arts student yourself. ;)
Dodged a history class to take the percentages lecture as I thought it would be priceless information when being related to chances of premier league survival in the years ahead. How true it proved to be...... :p

Schumi
12/09/2005, 12:42 PM
arithmetic dictates that we will need more than 37 points to stay out of a play-off position. I'd be amazed if 35 isn't enough. Unless Harps or Waterford get a run together, 30 could well keep us up.

pineapple stu
12/09/2005, 12:45 PM
To be honest, I think the Drogheda result has confirmed we'll stay up as it's proven we can get results against mid-table teams when we need them. There was a bit of a rut developing results-wise and, though it's still six or seven league games without a win, this result will have lifted us. Add in our traditionally strong finish, and there's no way we'll be bottom two.

hoops1
12/09/2005, 1:10 PM
CTID
There is no way you will need 37 points.
That means Harps and Waterford will both get double the
points in the remaining third of season than they did
in the first two thirds.
There is to many teams below you and to many points
seperating you, for the College to be anywhere near the bottom.
Besides on your day your pretty decent.
And have you seen the harps Defence and the Waterford frontline
laughable.
So relax and enjoy the great cup runs your on!

Roo69
12/09/2005, 2:01 PM
UCD have'nt a hope in hell of being dragged into it ! They are a far better side then Harps, Waterford and Pats, who if they don't get there act together and start pickn up points up could be in serious trouble. UCD are a very hard side to beat no matter who or were they play. If UCD lost every game until the end of the season they would be still safe.