PDA

View Full Version : Meeting England in the playoffs....

liam88
08/09/2005, 9:30 AM
.....would be sweet :D

thejollyrodger
08/09/2005, 9:33 AM
yeah, it would be brilliant to humilate them !! IM glad we lost last night, it makes that dream become a possibility !! It would make up for all the cóck ups in this WCQ's

VinnyL
08/09/2005, 9:37 AM
england would be a lot handier than the likes of spain etc... we know england VERY well.

patsh
08/09/2005, 9:42 AM
Does anyone seriously think we could beat England, even NI, with some of donkey's we had on display last night?

paul_oshea
08/09/2005, 9:42 AM
who cares about england , f off, we should have won this group. we will be lucky to even get to the play offs.

reder
08/09/2005, 9:47 AM
Dont make me laugh. They would kick us round the field over 2 legs. We got what we deserved last night........

NOTHING.

A giving Keane man of the match!!!!, im still laughing.

Littlest Hobo
08/09/2005, 9:49 AM
Ridculous thread and ridiculous comments made here :rolleyes:
Even if England finish second thay should still have enough points to go through as one of the best runners up. Two spots available.
Anyway, there is no guarantee, we'll even make it. The swiss/french won't be be given up their leads over us without one hell of a fight.

thejollyrodger
08/09/2005, 9:55 AM
i just read, england will get automatic qualification seeing that they have all those points. pointless thread

paul_oshea
08/09/2005, 10:01 AM
The swiss/french won't be be given up their leads over us without one hell of a fight.

well they did it to us in the euros, maybe its our turn to do it to them.

liam88
08/09/2005, 10:04 AM
i just read, england will get automatic qualification seeing that they have all those points. pointless thread

Sorry lads. I still have faith we can qualify though!

tetsujin1979
08/09/2005, 10:35 AM
England would have qualified as a best runner up if they had beaten Northern Ireland, they didn't, so they won't. They'll have to beat Austria and Poland to top the group, but otherwise they're in the play offs.

deego11
08/09/2005, 1:09 PM
Dont make me laugh. They would kick us round the field over 2 legs. We got what we deserved last night........

NOTHING.

What are you talking about? Keane was excellent last night! He throughly deserved man of the match!

eirebhoy
08/09/2005, 1:38 PM

NOTHING.

England are a poor team. 11 great players doesn't make a great team. We'd beat them comfortably in Lansdowne. Don't know about over in their place.

Kevin77
08/09/2005, 1:47 PM
England are a poor team. 11 great players doesn't make a great team. We'd beat them comfortably in Lansdowne. Don't know about over in their place.

There aren't too many teams we'd beat comfortably at Lansdowne these days never mind teams ranked in the top ten in the world.

paul_oshea
08/09/2005, 2:11 PM
We'd beat them comfortably in Lansdowne.

no we wouldnt. well said total

eirebhoy
08/09/2005, 2:33 PM
no we wouldnt. well said total
FFS Azerbaijan dominated the match against them in Azerbaijan. They were rubbish in Wales. Rubbish in Austria. Rubbish in N.Ireland. They need their home crowd to build them up and even then, they don't set the world alight. You don't play a holding midfielder and you're screwed against any team that will take the game to you. Actually, this is my last post on this subject as there's too much pessimism surrounding Ireland atm. :) We were at least as good as France last night.

crc
08/09/2005, 2:37 PM
We'd beat them comfortably in Lansdowne.
I'm not sure, but isn't is possible that Lansdowne won't be available if we make it to the play-offs? I think England are eminently beatable over two legs, but maybe not if both legs are in England!

pete
08/09/2005, 2:54 PM
Would we be allowed use Croke Park for a play-off or would the GAA not allow God save the Queen be played?

Playoff against England would be worth a lot of cash to the FAI.

lopez
08/09/2005, 4:09 PM
Would we be allowed use Croke Park for a play-off or would the GAA not allow God save the Queen be played?

Playoff against England would be worth a lot of cash to the FAI.Don't you think they had enough of the b*stards within their stadium in 1920. :rolleyes: Who the f*ck seriously wants to play these c*nts apart from the Premiersh*te barstool groupies, going along cheering their own little favourite like those tw*ts with Ronaldo before the Portugal game? Nothing, but nothing, but grief - both at home and away! And that's from someone who's got a free train pass to Wembley! :mad:

paul_oshea
08/09/2005, 4:17 PM
"We were at least as good as France last night."!

it doesnt matter a baallix how good we were, france got 3 points, if we were good enough we would have scored.