PDA

View Full Version : End of Sponsorship

SÓC
18/04/2002, 3:49 PM
From rte.ie
Eircom may not extend their sponsorship of the National League beyond the end of next season, it is reported in the Business and Finance magazine. The new summer season will end in the Autumn and the indications are that Eircom will not renew their deal.

A spokesperson for Eircom said the company is currently in talks with the FAI about their sponorship of the League. Eircom say they are reviewing the situation and have made no decisions.

Their sponorship of the international team is a separate deal.

Now I wonder has the constant b!tch-fights between clubs in the league had any influence on this decision. I hope we dont return the to Fried Chicken League!

pete
18/04/2002, 4:13 PM
Although eircom have given more in sponsorship to the league than previous sponsors I don't think even before the registration debacles they have been very proactive in promoting the league.

Can't really blame them for pulling out though.

On another note eircoms proposed sponsorship of the FAI stadium must have been the greatest free advertsiing ever?

Éanna
19/04/2002, 12:21 PM
I don't blame them at all. They've certainly been more active than previous sponsors and fo that well done, but we all know what the FAI are like, who'd do business with them.