PDA

View Full Version : BJOB and the FAI

wws
07/09/2005, 9:54 AM
06/09/2005
LEAGUE REACT TO CEO PROGRAMME COMMENTS
St Patrick's Athletic CEO Bernard O'Byrne today received a letter from the eircom League censuring him following recent comments in his programme column.

It seems that O'Byrne's criticism of the eircom League's marketing strategy has provoked some anger among the league's officals.

Speaking exclusively to stpatsfc.com, O'Byrne said,

"I'm amazed that the league have leapt into action such as this following some programme notes which were meant to be positive.
"We are working hard day to day to keep our club going and are seeking positive proaction from the eircom League,not this sort of reaction.
"I'm surpised they have had time to look through every clubs programme as there is a lot of work to be done."

The League are demanding that their letter, received by the CEO today, be reproduced in this coming Friday's matchday programme.

With the print deadline just tomorrow (Wednesday) O'Byrne has yet to decide whether to comply with their demands.

"I still feel my comments are valid and I will decide overnight whether to comply with the demand and print the letter.
"To be honest I feel the whole situation is bizarre."

Macy
07/09/2005, 9:57 AM
What are they going to do if he doesn't print their letter? Send them another saying "my dad's bigger than yours"?

Pathetic by the eircom league....

Cosmo
07/09/2005, 10:01 AM
What did he say?

wws
07/09/2005, 10:02 AM
the comments in the programme were fairly innocuous as well - seems Delaney and his "family of football" are a wee bit sensitive - I believe he and his staff are regular readers here, perhaps they'd like to post up an explanation of how they can't accept any positive or constructive suggestions?????

Or would they be too upset that we in the "family of football" are talking about them again?!??!?1

Dodge
07/09/2005, 10:06 AM
Childish stuff from the FAI

pete
07/09/2005, 10:19 AM
Obviously i haven't seen what O'Byrne wrote but i;m sure if was controversial would have heard of by now.

Dare i suggest this probablky more to do with FAI power struggle (when isn't it?) than anything to do with the eL. Was Delaney on pro or anti O'Byrne side?

Colm
07/09/2005, 10:21 AM
The FAI seem very very sensitive about things at the moment.

They were putting serious pressure on CCFC to ensure fans didn't protest against Don Givens at last nights match.

wws
07/09/2005, 10:24 AM
they seem very concerned with their "image" - not surprising given the way they single-handedly destroyed it over the years but to address that image problem they need to be proactive in areas that IMPROVE Irish football and the League of Ireland - they DO not NEED to scour internet message boards and programmes of their clubs looking for any hint of criticism and than getting all defensive about it.....

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 10:42 AM
I believe he and his staff are regular readers here,

Delaney, you horrible cnut, you and the rest of the blazered ****s in Merrion Square better get your shít together quick or we'll hunt down your families and kill them.

1) Sort out your hometown club you, you cheap fcuk.

2) Get rid of Kilcoyne or some of us won't be responsible for our actions.

3) Resign.

KOH

Dodge
07/09/2005, 10:45 AM
I nominate WeAreRovers for President of the new NLSA

Roverstillidie
07/09/2005, 10:56 AM
I nominate WeAreRovers for President of the new NLSA
war doenst like presidents of things, he shouts at them at meetings!

Jerry The Saint
07/09/2005, 10:56 AM
To paraphrase the legendary Kanye West,

I hate the way they portray us in the media. The FAI is set up to help the League as slow as possible.

JOHN DELANEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT EIRCOM LEAGUE FANS!

Passive
07/09/2005, 11:25 AM
JOHN DELANEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT EIRCOM LEAGUE FANS!

Of course he doesn't, all the FAI are are glorified travel agents for Manchester United.

People gave Delaney credited for giving EL fans an allocation for the North Terrace in Morguesdown Road but I don't see why. The FAI treat EL fans as a freakshow - "let's stick them in the terrace so as they can wave flags and entertain the real people". Fcuk them. The minute a big games comes around who loses their ticket allocation, EL fans or day-trippers?

Not one blazer in FAIlure is fit to tie the shoelaces of an EL fan who actually supports the growth of Irish football every week.

Personally, I don't care if France win tonight. In fact, I doubt I'll even watch the game.

Dodge
07/09/2005, 11:32 AM
People gave Delaney credited for giving EL fans an allocation for the North Terrace in Morguesdown Road but I don't see why.
No one did. @Twas Fran Rooney who made that decision. Agree with your post though

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 11:37 AM
Personally, I don't care if France win tonight. In fact, I doubt I'll even watch the game.

Same here, and I deeply resent the fact that the custodians of the beautiful game in this country have turned me against supporting my national team. :mad:

KOH

Vitruvian Man
07/09/2005, 11:47 AM
2) Get rid of Kilcoyne or some of us won't be responsible for our actions.

Excuse my ignorance but is Kilcoyne still involved with the FAI-lure.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.

monutdfc
07/09/2005, 11:50 AM
he was recently made a Life President I believe

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 12:00 PM
he was recently made a Life President I believe

It's actually Honorary Life Vice President and he received his gold blazer a good few years ago. Nice reward for trying to destroy the most famous club in the country.

As Vitruvian man says it's shocking and in any national association worth the name he'd have been drummed out years ago. I mean the man is a scumbag tout as well as everything else - as anyone who's had the misfortune to pay over the odds at World Cups will know.

As long as Kilcoyne's involved the FAI and the national team can go fcuk themselves. And that's just one crime in an appaling list over the years.

KOH

BohDiddley
07/09/2005, 12:18 PM
all the FAI are are glorified travel agents for Manchester United.
Nice one: Hoops are on a run of form lately!
How about Football Anywhere but Ireland

Anto McC
07/09/2005, 12:31 PM
Same here, and I deeply resent the fact that the custodians of the beautiful game in this country have turned me against supporting my national team. :mad:

KOH

I also feel the same as Passive and W.A.R.

Slash/ED
07/09/2005, 12:38 PM
It is really amazing Kilcoyne was let have any involvement with the FAI at all after what he did, but then to make him honourary life president. You couldn't sum up their ignorance better if you tried.

manic da hoop
07/09/2005, 12:53 PM
WAR, Passive etc. I feel your frustration with the goons in Merrion Square, but I still fail to see the direct association you make between the blazers and our national team. They are just one of a number of elements that comprise the game in Ireland, just like the eL, schollboy leagues, youth internationals etc. Thet're your national team, mine and everybody eles's, so why should we select Brian Kerr's side as representatives of the morons who run the game in Ireland. The way I see it, it's more or less on a par with saying I'll refuse to follow Rovers aslong as they play in a league that comes under the juristiction of 80 Merrion Square.

Dodge
07/09/2005, 12:55 PM
It is really amazing Kilcoyne was let have any involvement with the FAI at all after what he did, but then to make him honourary life president. You couldn't sum up their ignorance better if you tried.
I blame Cork City for giving him a way back into football myself

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 1:11 PM
Manic - I'll explain this in very very simple terms for you. Tonight, while Ireland play France in a crucial World Cup qualifier, Louis Kilcoyne will be sitting in the posh seats representing the FAI (and by extension) the national team as Honorary Life Vice President. I fail to see how any Rovers fan (or any football fan for that matter) can support the FAI and their team.

As I said earlier fcuk them. And it's not just the Louis issue. As you well know they are rubbish and contemptible at every level. And as for the olé olé brigade, don't get me started. Club before country every single time.

KOH

Troy.McClure
07/09/2005, 1:18 PM
Im a bit confused, so who in the FAI got a Bjob? :D

manic da hoop
07/09/2005, 1:22 PM
I agree with you on almost everything you say there WAR, except for one particular point - they're OUR team, yours and mine. Unfortunatly the FAI has juristiction over the game at ALL levels in this country. But should you choose to follow Brian Kerr's team, the underage teams, or your local club or whatever, then you do so because they are yours, not Louis's or Delaney's. We, the ordinary football people should do everything we can to highlight just how incompetent and corrupt these morons are, but don't let them (or the ole ole'rs for that matter) stop you from supporting your country.

coislaoi
07/09/2005, 1:25 PM
I blame Cork City for giving him a way back into football myself

And we are not proud of that either but don't forget it was a bigger gangster "Plonk" (our chairman at the time) who gave him a way back in. Our fans at the time let the club & kilcoyne know how we felt. I still remember the day he stormed out of that hotel across the road from Oriel Park calling us all wánkers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Passive
07/09/2005, 1:34 PM

Fcuk Anything Irish always did it for me.

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 1:41 PM
I agree with you on almost everything you say there WAR, except for one particular point - they're OUR team, yours and mine.

Well that's where you and I differ. The FAI only cares about one team - the senior international side. I don't feel represented by that team in any way whatsoever.

Even in the darkest days of Rovers recent history I never felt that it wasn't my team and my club. I always felt a moral ownership of Rovers. That feeling was lost with the Irish team years and years ago.

So they may be your team but they are certainly not mine. In fact these days I'm not much of a fan of international football anyway. The last 2 major tournaments were utter pish and I fully expect Germany 2006 to be rubbish too. Now the cricket WC in 2007, well that's a different story....... ;)

KOH

Dodge
07/09/2005, 1:46 PM
And we are not proud of that either but don't forget it was a bigger gangster "Plonk" (our chairman at the time) who gave him a way back in. Our fans at the time let the club & kilcoyne know how we felt. I still remember the day he stormed out of that hotel across the road from Oriel Park calling us all wánkers. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't worry I hate Rovers more for giving a job to Alan Duncan....

pete
07/09/2005, 2:19 PM
Im a bit confused, so who in the FAI got a Bjob? :D

What happens at away game junkets stays away :)

WeAreRovers
07/09/2005, 3:06 PM
Don't worry I hate Rovers more for giving a job to Alan Duncan....

:D

It's okay Dodge, he was hung, drawn and quartered with the rest of the useless fcuks.

KOH

manic da hoop
07/09/2005, 3:11 PM
Best of a bad lot IMO. Although that doesn't say much :o

BohsFans
07/09/2005, 3:28 PM
It's actually Honorary Life Vice President and he received his gold blazer a good few years ago. Nice reward for trying to destroy the most famous club in the country.

As Vitruvian man says it's shocking and in any national association worth the name he'd have been drummed out years ago. I mean the man is a scumbag tout as well as everything else - as anyone who's had the misfortune to pay over the odds at World Cups will know.

As long as Kilcoyne's involved the FAI and the national team can go fcuk themselves. And that's just one crime in an appaling list over the years.

KOH

:D fair play :D

BohDiddley
07/09/2005, 4:21 PM
This discussion links in a bit with the thread about the new supporters association, the initials of which escape me just now (how about an acronym competition?).
Kilcoyne and his ilk are not important enough to stop EL fans supporting their country. I appreciate that hoops will feel more bitter than others about him, but I really don't think that the right response is a self-spiting sulk. I can also endorse the club before country sentiment -- I'll always get much more involved at a Bohs match -- but they are not opposing values, even with Kilcoyne's presence polluting the international event.
EL fans have a bit of a reputation for being moany (no, it's not just Bohs!) in a marginalised, anoraky way. We should be trying to get rid of that if we want to promote Irish football to the masses.

1 9 2 8
07/09/2005, 5:48 PM
Of course he doesn't, all the FAI are are glorified travel agents for Manchester United.

People gave Delaney credited for giving EL fans an allocation for the North Terrace in Morguesdown Road but I don't see why. The FAI treat EL fans as a freakshow - "let's stick them in the terrace so as they can wave flags and entertain the real people". Fcuk them. The minute a big games comes around who loses their ticket allocation, EL fans or day-trippers?

Not one blazer in FAIlure is fit to tie the shoelaces of an EL fan who actually supports the growth of Irish football every week.

I agree with you 100%. BTW any one think Eircom league supporters should boycott Ireland games

chippie0001
07/09/2005, 8:51 PM
Manic - I'll explain this in very very simple terms for you. Tonight, while Ireland play France in a crucial World Cup qualifier, Louis Kilcoyne will be sitting in the posh seats representing the FAI (and by extension) the national team as Honorary Life Vice President. I fail to see how any Rovers fan (or any football fan for that matter) can support the FAI and their team.

As I said earlier fcuk them. And it's not just the Louis issue. As you well know they are rubbish and contemptible at every level. And as for the olé olé brigade, don't get me started. Club before country every single time.

KOH

Like others I could not care less about the national team. Does not bother me one bit how they do as I have no time for the FAI and the people that run it.

But on the fans, I flicked tonight between the Ireland game and the Northern Ireland game. The atmosphere in Belfast was unreal and the stands looked like they were rocking with the noise, even before the North scored. They were roared on for 90 minutes. In Lansdowne, apart from booing the French players they could have been at a tea party. Must be that most of our fans are not used to actually going to live football, don't actually know what real rivalry is. :cool:

Billy Lord
08/09/2005, 1:33 AM
Given that the capricious, self-centred and floppy-haired Delaney `sold' his shares in WUFC (for a quid, alledgedly) to someone who bought the club purely as a vehicle for his talentless son and is now holding WUFC to ransom for some very dodgy services rendered (`You bought us bankruptcy? Well done!' Here's 200 Grand!), I doubt if anyone can gain satisfaction from this situation through official channels, because official channels equals bull. WUFC fans need to get legal. Or get a gun. Maybe both!
Save Waterford United. Help WUFC. The FAI is beyond redemption and we can onlly solve that problem from within, so the more fans-owned clubs the better.
It's gonna at least make for interesting EL meetings.

Da Real Rover
08/09/2005, 9:22 AM
Like others I could not care less about the national team. Does not bother me one bit how they do as I have no time for the FAI and the people that run it.

But on the fans, I flicked tonight between the Ireland game and the Northern Ireland game. The atmosphere in Belfast was unreal and the stands looked like they were rocking with the noise, even before the North scored. They were roared on for 90 minutes. In Lansdowne, apart from booing the French players they could have been at a tea party. Must be that most of our fans are not used to actually going to live football, don't actually know what real rivalry is. :cool:
Agree with ya all the way there, before jack charlton and the english second team it was only the LOI fans that kept the national teams alive. We followed them to hell and back and stuck with them, now they have the prawn sandwich and ole ole brigade, when the bad times come back, will they continue to follow them, will they sh!te. There just there cause we are winning, nothing else. It is the the opposite for NI, they have had so much sh!te to deal with over the past years that it is only the hard core and true fans left. That is why windsor park was like a football ground and not like a game at the ashes. I have no love for my national team anymore because they have fukced the real fans over and over, and you no what they dont care and nobody else does. So you can tell the FAI-lure to go and forcefully shove there glamour fans up there arse because soon the success will dry up and they'll be out in the cold with no fans. I dont know about you but there not my national team.

Vitruvian Man
08/09/2005, 10:39 AM
The FAI(lure) already have a problem on their hands. They could have sold out landsdowne a couple of times over with glory hunting SKY sports fans for the France match but they have to cook up all kinds of schemes not to get people to go and see the smaller matches against even quality opposition like Turkey for example.

It looks like last night was the result that means we wont go to Germany - even if we win our next two games, which is unlikely, we won't get through the qualifying stage. That means a lack of glory to hunt for another few years and subsequent drop in attendance for the FAIlures non-glamour games.

To be honest who deserves to grace the World Cup more. Kevidine Kilbane or Zenedine Zidane. The French were no great shakes but we were really muck -there is a serious lack of quality players in our international team. And whose fault is that - well no prizes for guessing.

I know I could have got tickets for the game last night if had I really wanted to but games against Russia and Switzerland for the European Championships really killed any enthusiasm I have had for going to landsdowne. I was mildly disappointed that Ireland lost, I'd rather watch the Brits-in-Green in the World Cup than Costa Rica or Norway but to be honest I'd much rather Bohs beat Pats on Friday than Ireland win the World Cup - it just means more to me.

pineapple stu
08/09/2005, 12:49 PM
I'd rather watch the Brits-in-Green in the World Cup
The Brits-in-Green? With nine Irish-born players in the starting XI (everyone bar Kilbane and Morrison) and two Irish-born subs brought on? :confused:

Passive
08/09/2005, 1:40 PM
The Brits-in-Green? With nine Irish-born players in the starting XI (everyone bar Kilbane and Morrison) and two Irish-born subs brought on? :confused:

Granted we're better than we used to be, but I still don't think Morrison should ever have been given the green shirt. I don't care if we've no strikers, the first time Morrison was in Ireland was when he turned up for training. Kilbane is Irish-English and the Irish community in England have always remained remarkably Irish, so you can make a case for playing him. But not Morrison. Has anyone seen that Reebok poster with the Ryan Giggs quote? Something like "I'd rather never play in a big tournament and play for Wales than play in a World Cup for a country that isn't mine". Eat that Morrison.

I don't think the current Irish side is that bad, but Kerr is just a brutal manager. He plays for a draw in every game. Ireland didn't lose the World Cup at home to France, they lost it against Israel and Switzerland and that is Kerr's fault. Duff, Keane, Reid - these are all Premiership attackers but we've nothing going forward. Add in the likes of Roy, Given (imo one of the best keepers in the world) and a reasonably solid back four and Ireland aren't a bad team. They're better than Greece and they won the European Championship.

In retrospect, there was very little to be proud of of the 'glorious' Irish side of the early '90s. Full of non-nationals playing brutal football. Made a mockery of international football.

As for prefering to see your club win on Friday than Ireland win in Germany, I'd rather see Rovers win a corner kick than Ireland win the World Cup.

Jerry The Saint
08/09/2005, 4:09 PM
I agree with you 100%. BTW any one think Eircom league supporters should boycott Ireland games

If you don't care whether Ireland win or not then by all means feel free to boycott their matches. Buy yourself something nice with your €30 instead...

Éanna
08/09/2005, 8:32 PM

KOH
spot on. no surprise coming from the shower who have bullied, blackmailed and threatened City because of their paranoia over that idiot Givens.

Dodge
10/09/2005, 4:48 PM
spot on. no surprise coming from the shower who have bullied, blackmailed and threatened City because of their paranoia over that idiot Givens.
So you admit its paranoia...

Buller
10/09/2005, 5:21 PM
Good one! Now you've got it!!! :D