PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City FC a disgrace

Shelsman
18/04/2002, 1:05 PM
Dublin City's attempt to get the three points deducted from Waterford awarded to them is disgraceful. There is no precedent for this, the rule simply states that any club playing an unregistered player will be deducted 3 points for every game that player participated in. There is nothing in the rule book that I am aware of ( correct me if I'm wrong ) that states that the opposing team will be awarded any points whatsoever.

Are DC trying to make up the rules as they go along? It sure sounds like it. Meanwhile, Finn Harps and Longford have to keep training and paying their players' wages. The League should order Longford and Finn Harps to go ahead with the playoff and that will stop DC's objections in their tracks.

In a fairer rule book maybe DC should get a walkover ( Waterford get no points gained from the match but are not deducted any points earned in other matches ). As things stand, DC should shut up and get on with it.

Éanna
18/04/2002, 1:18 PM
Yes they are, in fact they're nearly as bad as shels!:rolleyes:

SÓC
18/04/2002, 3:28 PM
Naw not even Shels would be so cheek to suggest something like that. It's funny when they changed their name then must have left their dignity and sense of fairplay with Home Farm.

IMO they should be liable to pay Harps and Longford for their expenses in keeping their squads togehter until now.

pete
18/04/2002, 3:55 PM
Dub City tried to claim there nothing in the rule book which says they can't have the game replayed or be awarded the 3 points.

Just like there nothing in the rule book says Dub City can get 4 points for ever win. Does that mean they'd take a court case for that?

:rolleyes:

Shelsman
19/04/2002, 8:14 AM
They must have read my / our messages as they've dropped the appeal.