Treaty v Kerry
UCD V Cork

Saturday 13th

Longford v Bray 19:30

Tuesday 16th

Wexford v Longford

culloty82
10/04/2024, 6:21 PM
Can the Students make a statement of intent at Belfield, and really thrust themselves right into the heart of the First Division title race? Fair to say it's the biggest Treaty-Kerry derby since the very first one in Tralee - the major question for Conor McCarthy being whether he keeps his attacking trio intact, or takes a more cautious approach away, either way, at least one goal will probably be required to secure a draw on Friday.

sbgawa
10/04/2024, 8:14 PM
If UCD lose it leaves them way off Cork but if they can win they can have realistic expectations of being in yhe shake up for auto promotion. Best bet of the weekend is sligo at 6 to 1 to win in tallaght. God only knows who we will put out and the bookies are still pricing us based on being 4 in a row winners.

Philosophizer
12/04/2024, 9:23 AM
If anyone is looking for a ticket for Tolka tonight send me a message, I’ve a spare. I see they were sold out a few days ago.

nr637
12/04/2024, 10:11 AM
What is Bohs allocation at Tolka tonight as the capacity is to stay at 4,700?

The capacity is to be up to 5,700 after works are approved on the new terracing and should be open for the visit of Shamrocks on the 22nd!

Another Bohemia
12/04/2024, 10:18 AM
What is Bohs allocation at Tolka tonight as the capacity is to stay at 4,700?

The capacity is to be up to 5,700 after works are approved on the new terracing and should be open for the visit of Shamrocks on the 22nd!

If it's going by the 10% rule it should be 570 but I get the feeling behind the goal already held more than that.

2 Year Contract
12/04/2024, 11:11 AM
If it's going by the 10% rule it should be 570 but I get the feeling behind the goal already held more than that.
It’s 1100 capacity in the away end. Used to be 900 but was upped to that number mid way through last season despite no changes to the terrace

dundalkfc10
12/04/2024, 11:13 AM
It’s 1100 capacity in the away end. Used to be 900 but was upped to that number mid way through last season despite no changes to the terrace

The terrace goes back further now than at start last season

2 Year Contract
12/04/2024, 11:17 AM
The terrace goes back further now than at start last season

I believe that’s part of the capacity expansion this year yes along with the terracing either side of the riverside seats but as of September last year the away terrace was the same size as it was in 2022

brendy_éire
12/04/2024, 3:35 PM
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1778774663759356149?t=wxkzZLOWH42jgIRAlz7KfQ&s=19

Refs planning delay KO tonight in protest over pay.

Against my better judgement, I'm off to Drogheda tonight. On paper, we should win, but our record there is just brutal. A 0-0 snoozefest is probably the most likely outcome.

As said above, UCD-Cork is probably the most interesting tie of the weekend. Cork certain won't be wanting to start off a batch of away matches in a row with a loss.

Nesta99
12/04/2024, 5:17 PM
Derry badly need to win!!!

pineapple stu
12/04/2024, 6:22 PM
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1778774663759356149?t=wxkzZLOWH42jgIRAlz7KfQ&s=19

Refs planning delay KO tonight in protest over pay.
RTE reporting now it's more over getting hit by flares, and general safety. Which I can understand in fairness

Nesta99
12/04/2024, 7:41 PM
Start of the conspiracy to get the chasing pack in to a title race with Shels.

Its dull fare in Oriel. The floodlights must be on half strength!

SkStu
12/04/2024, 7:56 PM
That Flores header was a thing of beauty.

culloty82
12/04/2024, 8:01 PM
Cobh appears to be the game of the night - Wexford race into a 3-0 lead, and the home side swiftly pull two back!

Shinkicker
12/04/2024, 8:51 PM
Totally agree, Bohs were brilliant, not necessarily football wise but every player put in a great shift and contributed to the win. Shels didn't really create anything of note and got frustrated, while Bohs just dug deep to get the win. Whatever Reynolds is feeding them, double the dosage. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the win made it better.

Jack B
12/04/2024, 8:51 PM
If I never watch a game at Oriel Park again I'll be happy. God knows how Dundalk were so good on that pitch for so long. Frustrating one as on the balance of chances we had the better of them but not the end of the world to come away with a point.

Shinkicker
12/04/2024, 8:53 PM
Flores said he'll play anywhere he asked to, if Reynolds put him in goal he'd keep a clean sheet.

Nesta99
12/04/2024, 8:54 PM
Ah Derry, patience must be getting very thin.

Dundalk just made ourselves a but more horrible to play against, dogged, lucky at times, nothing in the final third but I'll take that fight and unwillingness to roll over as a start, build a defensive solidity and then look to create more. We've a bit of time to work on things yet.

Bohs also just battled hard and got the result. A bit more composure from Martin and Shels should have gotten level. Bohs invited pressure when Connolly went up front on his own, you can have all the pace in the world but apart from looking shattered it wasnt like there was a ball over the top to run on to. Gannon reads the game too well and when in at centre half just mopped up any hoofed ball.

Derry though....

Shinkicker
12/04/2024, 9:01 PM
Ah Derry, patience must be getting very thin.

Dundalk just made ourselves a but more horrible to play against, dogged, lucky at times, nothing in the final third but I'll take that fight and unwillingness to roll over as a start, build a defensive solidity and then look to create more. We've a bit of time to work on things yet.

Bohs also just battled hard and got the result. A bit more composure from Martin and Shels should have gotten level. Bohs invited pressure when Connolly went up front on his own, you can have all the pace in the world but apart from looking shattered it wasnt like there was a ball over the top to run on to. Gannon reads the game too well and when in at centre half just mopped up any hoofed ball.

Derry though....
Higgins the next Dundalk manager??

joey B
12/04/2024, 9:06 PM
Grim from Harps,Athlone got ahead and seen it out very comfortably,worrying lack of ideas from us …

pineapple stu
12/04/2024, 9:27 PM
UCD and Cork... cancelled each other out, is probably the polite way of putting it. Decent point all the same

Jd2793
12/04/2024, 9:29 PM
UCD and Cork... cancelled each other out, is probably the polite way of putting it. Decent point all the same

mind numbing stuff. yer keeper is good though , probably the only highlight of the game.

legendz
12/04/2024, 9:31 PM
Another draw for Kerry. Two points left behind.

pineapple stu
12/04/2024, 9:32 PM
That's the keeper who parried a cross into the net in our last home game don't forget.

He's solid enough in fairness, but has some right clangers in him. Which is probably why he's at UCD and not somewhere better

sbgawa
12/04/2024, 9:33 PM
If Rovers win our game in hand we are 3 points off the top.
We are barely average with the players missing. Terrible league this year.
But ill take it if we can

Knocklyonhoop
12/04/2024, 9:38 PM
Fairly routine win in Tallaght tonight tho Sligo weren't terrible.

big weekend coming up away to the top two

Calcio Jack
12/04/2024, 9:38 PM
Despite missing the usual quality players , vintage performance from us this evening ( married to a good few unenforceable errors by Pico) led by Burke who was unplayable and Greene who chipped in with two goals and shows why( again) he’s still such an asset…. Could have easily of been 6-0 … Sligo had one chance late on from a poor back pass by Cleary who was saved by a brilliant recovery tackle by Pico ; aside from that they were very poor with McGinty and luck saving them from a hiding

SkStu
12/04/2024, 9:40 PM
Totally agree, Bohs were brilliant, not necessarily football wise but every player put in a great shift and contributed to the win. Shels didn't really create anything of note and got frustrated, while Bohs just dug deep to get the win. Whatever Reynolds is feeding them, double the dosage. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the win made it better.

Three points off 2nd... the march is on.

thebronze14
12/04/2024, 9:49 PM
We were absolutely atrocious tonight. In truth we have been in a lot of matches this year but we got decent results. We're relying on success coming up with a bit of magic or a mistake by defenders. We create very very little apart from that and have absolutely no guile in our play. Somehow still second though!

Jd2793
12/04/2024, 9:49 PM
higgins is on borrowed time in derry

Nesta99
12/04/2024, 10:22 PM
If Rovers win our game in hand we are 3 points off the top.
We are barely average with the players missing. Terrible league this year.
But ill take it if we can

5th year in a row the league has been terrible - not yet a candidate for the worst standard ever!

Higgins the next Dundalk manager??

Underwhelming and a step backwards. Would be fun to see how he works with Gartland as head of recruitment, O'Donnell as assistant.
What is Higgins doing though? That squad would be almost fine without coaching and just let them play whats in front of them without over coaching and restrictive tactics. United Park may be an exception with the small narrow pitch its about winning 2nd ball in a crowded midfield.

listowelceltic
12/04/2024, 10:30 PM
Kerry should of won that. Chambers in the Treaty goal made great saves. Ronan Teahan hit the crossbar for Kerry when he should of scored. Treaty also hit the woodwork in the first few minutes. More points on the board for Kerry so happy enough with the outcome.

2 Year Contract
12/04/2024, 10:31 PM
Poor aul game up in oriel, both sides weren’t helped by the wind rain and pitch. Dundalk seemed to have picked the tools back up again and put in some hard work now that the serpent has been shown the door but they lack any quality in attack. Shelvey got them a point with a great save in both halves, particularly the second have save from Melia's 1 on 1. Mulraney hit the post in injury time also

2 Year Contract
12/04/2024, 10:36 PM
Moment of the night in Oriel was the club PA sticking the boot into O'Donnell with the song choice! Probably the only time I’ve ever enjoyed anything that gets blared from that eardrum bursting speaker facing the away end :)

https://x.com/mcdonnelldan/status/1778870441135808783?s=46

ger121
12/04/2024, 10:47 PM
Bohs are so Jekyll and Hyde. You never know what you will get: You can see Rennie’s style in the side already. Bit more direct, lot more bite and we press well. It ain’t always pretty but it can be effective. Need to do back to back performances with a win against Dundalk on Monday.

Another Bohemia
12/04/2024, 11:01 PM
Bohs are so Jekyll and Hyde. You never know what you will get: You can see Rennie’s style in the side already. Bit more direct, lot more bite and we press well. It ain’t always pretty but it can be effective. Need to do back to back performances with a win against Dundalk on Monday.

I agree on the Jekyll and Hyde comments and I think that's down to fitness. Look at the first half vs Rovers compared to the 2nd half. Bohs just completely ran out of steam. I think the plan is to focus on getting them up to speed on fitness as well as tactics because the players are certainly putting in a fair shift in Reynolds first few games and long may it continue.

On the game tonight I think Bohs were well drilled and tried to make Shels push the ball back to Kearns as much as possible since his distribution can be a touch erratic. They also used the keeper injury/motivational chat tactic that has become common very well. Each time they regrouped and got back on the front foot. Lastly ref was terrible all game. Bohs players were getting yellows for every infraction while he wouldn't give blatant fouls to Bohs. I'll have to watch it back but from where I was standing Rooney Clearly won the ball and it was never a peno.

Nesta99
12/04/2024, 11:17 PM
Moment of the night in Oriel was the club PA sticking the boot into O'Donnell with the song choice! Probably the only time I’ve ever enjoyed anything that gets blared from that eardrum bursting speaker facing the away end :)

https://x.com/mcdonnelldan/status/1778870441135808783?s=46

Mickey Duffy never misses the chance for some mischief.

The ear busting PA is brian injury loud in the confines of the shed....

osarusan
13/04/2024, 6:27 AM
Very entertaining ame in Limerick. Treaty probably had the better of the chances in the first half, but Kerry carved us open a few times in the second half and we needed Chambers to make some excellent saves. Kerry have come on so much from last season (albeit we've regressed as well I think).

CorribsideSteve
13/04/2024, 7:10 AM
Waterford-Galway describes this word for word also.

Kingswood Rover
13/04/2024, 8:01 AM
Despite missing the usual quality players , vintage performance from us this evening ( married to a good few unenforceable errors by Pico) led by Burke who was unplayable and Greene who chipped in with two goals and shows why( again) he’s still such an asset…. Could have easily of been 6-0 … Sligo had one chance late on from a poor back pass by Cleary who was saved by a brilliant recovery tackle by Pico ; aside from that they were very poor with McGinty and luck saving them from a hiding

1st game where we kept going from start to finish. Aarron Greene was outstanding, that last goal when he ran onto a ball down the wing and bore down on goal often can be shot hit wide or straight at the keeper but looking at him last night you knew he was going to blem it into the onion sack. Dont really agree when we get all our players back stuff we still should be improving without them. The subs that came on last night were excellent. Richie Towell should had had a couple as well and the way he was looking for the ball all the time to get on it. Yes could of been more, couple of wayward passes from Pico and Cleary but with our passing game thats going to happen. Rovers really pressed well and you have to think the Fortnite is critical, away to Derry next Fri and then away to Shels on the Monday followed by 2 winnable homes v Galway and Drogs, 8/9 pts from 12 would not be detrimental to moving back towards top spot.

The Bowler
13/04/2024, 8:55 AM
Consistent theme that the standards/quality of both divisions are on a rapid decline recent years. I'm not sure there is a single team in the country that would finish top half in the 6th tier of English football. The 1st Division is utterly awful fare, and as a product, has little to offer either players or fans. Prem teams full of loanees which kills talent progression for a lot of lads. Definitley the worst year in a long time. On the plus side, a poor UCD outfit will comfortably get a play off spot and blood lots of fresh talent between now and then, but can't see any scenario where the 1st Div play off winners this year beats the prem 9th, whoever that is.

2 Year Contract
13/04/2024, 9:04 AM
I'm not sure there is a single team in the country that would finish top half in the 6th tier of English football.

Easily one of the funniest things I’ve ever read on here

sbgawa
13/04/2024, 9:05 AM
Fair summary. I'd caveat that when we get byrne, Farrugia, Mcaneff, Grace, Hoare, kavanagh and Gaffney back all of whom were out tonight we have a team.that could compete above 6th tier in England easily. Kenny and poom are technically on loan I suppose buy I don't see either going anywhere fairly obvious their clubs are seeing their contracts down by allowing them to stay for a second year. Not to mention a fully fit Clarke rather than at the moment coming on for 10 mins.

sbgawa
13/04/2024, 9:38 AM
Rovers first 11 if fit is imo
Pohls, farrugia. Cleary, pico, Grace, clarke, O'Neil, byrne, mcaneff, Burke, gaffney. That is as good a team as has played in ireland in last ten years. Getting them on the pitch is the challenge

Jd2793
13/04/2024, 9:39 AM
Consistent theme that the standards/quality of both divisions are on a rapid decline recent years. I'm not sure there is a single team in the country that would finish top half in the 6th tier of English football. The 1st Division is utterly awful fare, and as a product, has little to offer either players or fans. Prem teams full of loanees which kills talent progression for a lot of lads. Definitley the worst year in a long time. On the plus side, a poor UCD outfit will comfortably get a play off spot and blood lots of fresh talent between now and then, but can't see any scenario where the 1st Div play off winners this year beats the prem 9th, whoever that is.

worst first division season for 5 or 6 years for sure. absolutely dog awful standard every week. city are favs for the league but look like they can only win a game by the odd goal, awful stuff. some of it on player quality but starting to think more of it is on managers idea on how to play. if this is how we are playing as resounding favs for the title then next season will be very grim under clancy in the PD (provided we actually get up. we dont look a lot better than any side)

Dermobohs
13/04/2024, 9:43 AM
I agree on the Jekyll and Hyde comments and I think that's down to fitness. Look at the first half vs Rovers compared to the 2nd half. Bohs just completely ran out of steam. I think the plan is to focus on getting them up to speed on fitness as well as tactics because the players are certainly putting in a fair shift in Reynolds first few games and long may it continue.

On the game tonight I think Bohs were well drilled and tried to make Shels push the ball back to Kearns as much as possible since his distribution can be a touch erratic. They also used the keeper injury/motivational chat tactic that has become common very well. Each time they regrouped and got back on the front foot. Lastly ref was terrible all game. Bohs players were getting yellows for every infraction while he wouldn't give blatant fouls to Bohs. I'll have to watch it back but from where I was standing Rooney Clearly won the ball and it was never a peno.
Never a pen but the way he flew into the challenge was offering the ref a choice, bad decision from young Rooney.
Thought the ref was ok , could have kept his cards in the pocket though.

nigel-harps1954
13/04/2024, 9:48 AM
Standard in the First Division is very poor this season indeed.

Harps sitting in second despite only really playing two or three decent games. We were very poor last night, Athlone weren't any better but took their chance to score when they got it.

I hate astro pitches. They should be banned.

Standard of refereeing is atrocious.

But the only thing Harps can blame is themselves. It was a poor performance, but that happens in football.

listowelceltic
13/04/2024, 9:53 AM
Why is this season always worse than previous seasons. Fellas are saying it on here for as long as i can remember. Surely we're not regressing that much or are supporters basing it on their own teams performance.

Another Bohemia
13/04/2024, 9:57 AM
Never a pen but the way he flew into the challenge was offering the ref a choice, bad decision from young Rooney.
Thought the ref was ok , could have kept his cards in the pocket though.

I suppose my biggest issue with the ref was the inconsistency when giving cards. He booked Mills for pulling down Martin and stopping a Shels counter but when Gannon dragged down McDaid it's just a free. Very similar positions as well near the half way line so it's not like one was straight through on goal or something. Reynolds was booked for mouthing to the 4th official and Duff was doing the same all night but got nothing. It's hugely frustrating to watch and with the dodgy peno given I think it was just a poor performance from the ref.