PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story with el allocation ?

joema
06/09/2005, 4:17 PM
Has the eircom league ticket allocation fiasco been sorted out for tomorrows match if yes will the el section be all together or scattered around the ground?

KR's Post
06/09/2005, 4:20 PM
We got tickets for touchline in the south terrace!!!! Going mad... :mad:

EnDai
06/09/2005, 4:21 PM
I got no tickets! :mad:

joema
06/09/2005, 4:40 PM
I got no tickets! :mad:

Have to say that is an absaloute disgrace :mad: - I go to el matces every week (Kilkenny City and Cork City as I'm from there but live in kk) I get my tickets off fai as I'm on block booking scheme. Glad I dont get them throug el allocation now.

I really do feel sorry for you and all other genuine fans in your situation

pete
06/09/2005, 4:58 PM
TBH i'm less enthusism about Ireland matches than i really should be.

I'm sure the NLSA will come out officially on this but i do know that some tickets have been lost. However the FAI have been acting in very bad faith to the eL fans - either cut the allocation to figure they can guarantee for EVERY game or just finish with it altogether. It is unfair to essentially force people to buy tickets for lesser games with threat that they'll otherwise lose for bigger games when they lose the tickets anyway.

:rolleyes:

Dodge
06/09/2005, 5:03 PM
From what I've eard the FAI have acted disgracefully.

Pats tickets for east corner wing ??? Definitely some cut

Colm
07/09/2005, 11:31 AM
The allocation was marginally cut alright.

I think some of the Rebel Army have been stuck in the South Terrace this time. I hated the ST last time I was there, too many ole ole-ers!

RonnieB
07/09/2005, 11:35 AM
We get our tickets through block booking for the last 15 years so thats the only reason I have them. Regardless I still gave mine away, cant make the fecking thing. So ****ed off right now sat in the bog end of mayo looking at mountains from the office.

To all the lads/ladies going keep singing yer hearts out. And dont mind the ones who look at you funny for singing at a footie match. As they strut around in their shirt and tie and ireland scarf they just picked up. Rant over :)

tiktok
07/09/2005, 11:44 AM
..... cut the allocation to figure they can guarantee for EVERY game ..........

This is the crux of it, isn't it.

They threaten us that if we don't take tickets for all games, we'll lose our allocation, that's fair enough, but then whebn we hold up our end of the deal, they cut the numbers and then scatter us all over the ground anyway.

EnDai
07/09/2005, 11:53 AM
I don't think I'd be eligiable anyways, I'm a season ticket holder but not a supporters club member. I was just venting my frustration that I just don't have tickets! ;) I do feel sorry for those who are entitled (if that includes me I'm sorry for myself too! :D) to tickets and don't get them.

What other country would give preference to followers of foreign leagues over its own national league?

Afterall, without the EL there would be no national team! :mad:

Drumcondra Red
07/09/2005, 12:05 PM
Course you would Endai, I got a few from Shelbourne before, Fintan used to be in charge and it was too much work for him, I said I'd ake over if someone would help me as I was in my final year of college, but nobody would, thats why Shels don't get an allocation atm, hopefully we'll have it sorted for the next campaign!!! Oh and Ollie Byrne is still a ticket outlet for the FAI afaik???

Anto McC
07/09/2005, 12:48 PM
I'll help you Drums Red,i'll send you a PM on Shelsweb later

EnDai
07/09/2005, 12:50 PM
I remember you saying something like that the other night DR, I think I offered to help then aswell, but if not I'll do it now too.

Dodge
07/09/2005, 12:58 PM
Shels absolutely do get an allocation at the moment. What they do with them I'm not sure...

EnDai
07/09/2005, 1:09 PM
Burn them in protest! ;)

Troy.McClure
07/09/2005, 1:27 PM
Interesting that the FAI and a news paper launched a competition giving away tickets for this game if people went to eL games. How ironic that the section that has to give up their tickets for this competition is the existing eL fans! The competition might get people into the eL, but with treatment like this, it wont be long before they are walking away in disgust :(

Drumcondra Red
07/09/2005, 2:14 PM
Interesting that the FAI and a news paper launched a competition giving away tickets for this game if people went to eL games. How ironic that the section that has to give up their tickets for this competition is the existing eL fans! The competition might get people into the eL, but with treatment like this, it wont be long before they are walking away in disgust :(

I was going to post that last week, 22 tickets were there to be won!!!

EnDai
07/09/2005, 2:57 PM
22 PAIRS! :( Thats 44!

Troy.McClure
08/09/2005, 5:10 PM
I emailed the FAI about the amount of tickets on eBay and complained about the eL alocation being cut. The email reply I got said that each club allocation was cut by 1 ticket each. I think that Im right in saying that Corks was cut by 2. How about other clubs? :confused:

tiktok
08/09/2005, 5:18 PM
I emailed the FAI about the amount of tickets on eBay and complained about the eL alocation being cut. The email reply I got said that each club allocation was cut by 1 ticket each. I think that Im right in saying that Corks was cut by 2. How about other clubs? :confused:

City's was cut by two, definitely, because I know the two who gave theirs up

Slash/ED
08/09/2005, 5:18 PM
Ollie Byrne just robbed an extra Cork ticket so that Shels would get the proper amount.

Troy.McClure
08/09/2005, 5:25 PM
Ollie Byrne just robbed an extra Cork ticket so that Shels would get the proper amount.

Thought so :mad: Thanks for conferming my suspisions (sp?) :mad:

:D

exile
08/09/2005, 7:55 PM
Thought so :mad: Thanks for conferming my suspisions (sp?) :mad:

:D

I thought you being well in there with those shels lad you would have known that allready

traitor cough cough :D

Slash/ED
08/09/2005, 7:59 PM
Yeah which ticket allocation did you use Troy?

Troy.McClure
08/09/2005, 8:05 PM
I went with city, I wasnt flavour of the day with Shels yesterday :D

ccfcgirl
08/09/2005, 8:46 PM
How do you get the Ireland match ticket as a League Of Ireland supporter?

Colm
08/09/2005, 9:00 PM
How do you get the Ireland match ticket as a League Of Ireland supporter?

Basically for City fans you'd have to get onto FourFiveOne at the start of a qualifying campaign and say you want x amount of tickets and you'll get them for all the games.
The downside is though that you have to take them for ALL qualifiers and friendlies or you lose you allocation due to the way the FAI operate it.

ccfcgirl
08/09/2005, 9:17 PM
Basically for City fans you'd have to get onto FourFiveOne at the start of a qualifying campaign and say you want x amount of tickets and you'll get them for all the games.
The downside is though that you have to take them for ALL qualifiers and friendlies or you lose you allocation due to the way the FAI operate it.That a very good way of doing it .Thanks Colm .

Troy.McClure
09/09/2005, 3:59 PM
That a very good way of doing it.

You'd think so :rolleyes: stupid FAI manage to fcuk it up when it counts though :mad: Its worth PM-ing Eric a few days before the games to see if he has any spares Id say.

Jaime
09/09/2005, 4:03 PM
Bohs got cut by one AFAIK. The larger allocations (Pat's and Rovers*) got cut by two.

*Not sure about Rovers.