PDA

View Full Version : jersies

joe
18/04/2002, 11:39 AM
what with it being world cup year, every country seems to have a new jersey out, but is it my imagination or are they all crap? all the nike ones look the same and are brutal IMO (they've even managed to make the Croatian one look awful - shame on them!). i don't know what adidas are trying to do with theirs - perhaps they're going for the retro look, but it's just not happening, and what happened t Germany having green as their away kit? will ireland be the best dressed team come june?

Éanna
18/04/2002, 1:31 PM
What about the one the nigerians were wearing last night? Was it a special one just in case there was fog in Aberdeen or do they actually expect them to wear that?

Neil
18/04/2002, 1:37 PM
I saw the Nigerian one in town. It's a manky limey kind of green.

pete
18/04/2002, 4:32 PM
I dunno is it just me but that "new" irish away jersey just looks like the last one to me.

btw whats with the navy on the away kit anyway?

:eek:

The Legend
18/04/2002, 9:48 PM
Micko is a closet Village people fan!

rfkimble
09/05/2002, 1:13 AM
Does anyone hav a clue as to why we are the only nation in the world to only sell our jersey with the sponser on it? I want to get the offical jersey with nos. like all other countries at the world cup! I know its poss cause i see people at landsdown wearing them (the no sponser version). The crowd, not the players by the way. Please let me know if anyone can help with this

pete
09/05/2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by rfkimble
Does anyone hav a clue as to why we are the only nation in the world to only sell our jersey with the sponser on it?

Money. i.e. FAI needs it.

Éanna
09/05/2002, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by pete
Money. i.e. FAI needs it.
more like "wants it" they've got plenty of money already and done fcuk-all with it.