PDA

View Full Version : Dempsey, anyone

joe
18/04/2002, 10:34 AM
according to eircomleague.net (http://redbrick.dcu.ie/~jw/18-4-2.htm) Mark Dempsey is being released by Bohs. should we go after him?

Troy.McClure
18/04/2002, 11:06 AM
Am I right in saying that he is their #2 keeper?

Do we really need another keeper? I think not.

Éanna
18/04/2002, 12:34 PM
I think Mick Dempsey is the keeper. Mark is a right winger I think, and would be worth a shot. he's handy enough.

SÓC
18/04/2002, 12:47 PM
Is he the guy who yoyos between playing for Bohs and then Shel's all the time?

If he is the guy Im thinking about he'd be an excellent signing

Colm
18/04/2002, 3:01 PM
Yeah he is a good player. Probabley would be a success with us. Knowing Gunther though hes probabley never even heard of the guy.

pete
18/04/2002, 4:08 PM
Mark Dempsey the left sided midfielder/defender?

He doesn't seem to have played much for Bohs this season at all + shels let him go last year.

IMO city should save their money for quality 1st 11 players instead of general squad players. We have loads of young talented players that can fill the squad. We need players to fill definite weaknesses in the 1st 11 like forward, left centre & right midfield + centre back. Sure while were at it just get a new team :D

fonzi
19/04/2002, 9:49 AM
what about trying to get avery john down to the cross?

Troy.McClure
19/04/2002, 9:52 AM
Since when are we in desperate need of another centre back? Surely Caughlan & Napier are two of the best there are, with O'Rourke comming along quite nicely?

SÓC
19/04/2002, 10:22 AM
Avery John is a classy left back and a very hand defensive midifielder. He'd be a very good signing for City

Colm
19/04/2002, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Avery John is a classy left back and a very hand defensive midifielder. He'd be a very good signing for City That may be so but I cant see us having a chance of getting. Anyway, do we really need him, Carey, Hoggy, Coughlan and one of Daly, Napier or O'Rourke would seem a fairly strong defense to me.

Seanie
19/04/2002, 9:13 PM
The defence is not the problem - we have five of the top defenders (Carey, Hoggie, Coughlan, O'Rourke, Napier) in the League and potentially the best rearguard in the country (under a different manager perhaps). The only problem the defence has is lapses in concentration - particularly Devine. Cork City have failed for too long to find a decent striker - since Morley first left there's been:
O'Connell
Kabia
Dobbs
Iorfa
Glynn
Cotter
and more you've been there, not done that and never bought the t-shirt.

Éanna
20/04/2002, 1:11 PM
Spot on Seanie. We really need a decent striker to replace Skippy and also a midfielder to replace Patsy.

pete
21/04/2002, 8:06 PM
I don't think we are that badly off up front. If we had a decent play maker in the middle to get ball towards to front 2 ON THE GROUND or at least AT THEM & not IN THEIR GENERAL DIRECTION.

City badly need to start passing the ball &cut down the hoofin a bit anyway.

fonzi
22/04/2002, 10:18 AM
iorfa...................yeah...................... ............................what did he do for city can anyone tell us?did he play or anything?

SÓC
22/04/2002, 10:33 AM
Wasn't he in the Nigerian World Cup squad before becoming crap and coming to City?

If he did play in a World Cup (USA '94 I'd imagne) he must be part of an elite ban of players to have played for City and in a world cup?

Did McCabe ever play for Scotland? Did Trevor Brooking ever play in a world cup for Ingerland?

Éanna
22/04/2002, 12:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Iorfa had 28 caps for Nigeria- the figure came to mind, dunno why! i think he was in their Olympic squad, not sure bout the world cup.

Éanna
22/04/2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by pete
I don't think we are that badly off up front. If we had a decent play maker in the middle to get ball towards to front 2 ON THE GROUND or at least AT THEM & not IN THEIR GENERAL DIRECTION.

City badly need to start passing the ball &cut down the hoofin a bit anyway.
true, maybe with a Patsy in the middle of the park, the strikers we have would score more. Also, we need a midfielder breaking into the box like Kelvin did- too often the strikers are putting crosses in to an empty penalty area.

I don't think we are that badly off up front.
better off since hartigan went anyway!

Troy.McClure
22/04/2002, 1:27 PM
I know that it was only against Monaghan, but when Greg was in the center with O'Grady, O'grady was able to roam up much farther then when Bennet was with him.

niamh
24/04/2002, 9:33 AM
The centre was good that solitary day.

City Fan
24/04/2002, 10:05 AM
Avery John is a classy left back and a very hand defensive midifielder. He'd be a very good signing for City

We badly need an experienced head other than Big Derek in defence. Man for man our back line is just too young regardless of how good they are.

Murphy Out Now!!

clarke
24/04/2002, 12:25 PM
he must be part of an elite ban of players to have played for City and in a world cup?

Did McCabe ever play for Scotland? Did Trevor Brooking ever play in a world cup for Ingerland?

Does anyone remember the Romanian guys that played for a month or two (I think it was during Noel O'Mahony's reign). They were about as sucessful as Trevor. I wonder were any of them internationals?
j.k.