PDA

View Full Version : Number 12

fergalr
06/09/2005, 12:31 PM
I've a growing feeling that this is one of those games where the crowd can have a significant influence. I think there's all kind of signs that the French can be intimidated going by various quotes from players and this one from Domenech: "We'll try to dodge the physical fight as it never was what we were good at."
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1563560,00.html

So lets beat Roy to it and get stuck in first.

Be early - be loud.

zinedineontour
06/09/2005, 12:48 PM
Lets be honest the crowd will come into the crowd at 7:54 and be quiet ... we will get going for the french anthem and then sparadic singing .... Well judging by whats happened over the last few years thats whats gonna happen ...

hopefully we can recreate the atmosphere of 2001 though ... heres hoping !

Reality Bites
06/09/2005, 1:01 PM
Its up to those who have tickets to create as hostile an atmosphere as humanly possible, and if the punter beside ya is a prawn sandwich event junkie who only really only knows two or three of the players and happened to get the tickets from a Client..please feel free to kick that individual in the nuts, we need real support not token corporate types.. We should be aiming for Russia or Galatasaray home crowd.. it will make a difference!!

anto eile
06/09/2005, 2:22 PM
hahahaha lansdowne and hostile:D:D:D:D thats a good one!

zinedineontour
06/09/2005, 2:27 PM
hahahaha lansdowne and hosile:D:D:D:D thats a good one!

whats hosile ?

Dublin12
06/09/2005, 2:28 PM
I just hope the crowd don't die if the French score,thats when the support will be needed most

anto eile
06/09/2005, 2:39 PM
whats hosile ?
pointing out bad spelling on an internet forum.the best way to make a point alright :rolleyes:

zinedineontour
06/09/2005, 2:43 PM
pointing out bad spelling on an internet forum.the best way to make a point alright :rolleyes:

well your points have been way off the mark ... Just thought Id highlight another mistake .

Schumi
06/09/2005, 2:49 PM
whats hosile ?
About as close as Lansdowne gets to hostile?

blobbyblob
06/09/2005, 2:56 PM
Just a quick note to anyone going along tomorrow night.

You dont have to justify yourself to anyone on how you choose to support your country. Be spontaneous and be loud.

If you choose to be quiet and sit down, dont try to put others off around you from being vocal.

To the begrudgers - Fupp em.

We get one shot at this. Lets make it count.

zinedineontour
06/09/2005, 3:01 PM
well said . good post ... hope people just really back the team tmow and as someone else said if the france do score we have to keep supporting the boys as thats when they will need it most ... we need the atmosphere of holland 01 ....

geysir
06/09/2005, 3:04 PM
Anto, FWIW your spelling of hostile was correct, for some unknown reason zinedine changed the spelling in his quote

TerryPhelan
06/09/2005, 3:39 PM
I just hope the crowd don't die if the French score,thats when the support will be needed most

That should read when the French score. :(

Am going to scream my lily guts out for the boys in green, regardless of whether I doubt we will avoid getting turned over.

Come on lads! :ball:

zinedineontour
06/09/2005, 3:40 PM
Anto, FWIW your spelling of hostile was correct, for some unknown reason zinedine changed the spelling in his quote

yep.. could really be arsed to do that ....

Drumcondra Red
06/09/2005, 3:45 PM
That should read when the French score. :(

:rolleyes: Thats the attitude we need... :rolleyes:

Its very hard to get excieted/ motivated for this one when you know you don't have a ticket :(

eirebhoy
06/09/2005, 5:25 PM
Kerr must read foot.ie:

“Even people who come along in their shirts and ties should come a little down beat and wear the colours and get stuck in and grumble a bit more about referee’s decisions.”

blobbyblob
06/09/2005, 9:25 PM
Kerr must read foot.ie:

“Even people who come along in their shirts and ties should come a little down beat and wear the colours and get stuck in and grumble a bit more about referee’s decisions.”

the same thing crossed my mind and why not - foot.ie : the pulse of the nation

jbyrne
06/09/2005, 11:01 PM
hahahaha lansdowne and hostile:D:D:D:D thats a good one!

lansdowne has been hostile plenty of times before and will be tomorrow i've no doubt

kerr was on tv tonight asking for all to get behind the team and wear the colours. we can debate team selections, tactics, previous form etc. etc. all we like but the only way we can really affect this result is by getting behind the team as never before. no excuses!

SuperSaints
07/09/2005, 10:45 AM
Get in early for this one. I'm tempted to go down straight down now. Can't wait for it. Allez le Vert. I'll leave the good spellers correct my French. Vert is green isn't it?

MickeyT
07/09/2005, 12:09 PM
Get in early for this one. I'm tempted to go down straight down now. Can't wait for it. Allez le Vert. I'll leave the good spellers correct my French. Vert is green isn't it?

I thought you of all people would know, given your environmental tree-hugging background...stick to what you know - "Sacre bleu"

Giuly
07/09/2005, 12:13 PM
If you wish to learn some french insult for tonite...don't count on me :D