PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Release Rambo

razor
18/04/2002, 7:16 AM
Damien "Rambo" Richardson has been released by Shamrock Rovers.
He seemingly wanted to go fulltime and this was rejected.

Sign him up !

patsh
18/04/2002, 7:26 AM
It would be interesting to have him back, would'nt it? Gunther would never agree to looking after the youths only though.
It is quite shocking though to think that in this day and age, Rovers, one of the main clubs in the eL still do not have a full time manager. This league really needs to get it's at together soon.
Brian Lennox could do a lot worse than get DR involved in some way...:)

Bernie
18/04/2002, 7:42 AM
Off to Tolka Park more like.

Dricky
18/04/2002, 8:28 AM
He's going to go back to shels.
They can have him

Neil
18/04/2002, 11:56 AM
Much as I'd love to see Rico back with City, I'm afraid we're stuck with Gunther until the end of next season at least.

I can never see Liam quitting. If he had any morals he would have gone after losing to Limerick.

Pablo
18/04/2002, 1:50 PM
it'd be great if he was back at city.....he should never have left

Seanie
18/04/2002, 2:37 PM
Have to question his loyalty - also he hasn't won a great deal for the time he has spent in LOI management - often the nearly man (remember Shels in 1998). There's a full-time job at Shels and so when he cannot go full-time at Rovers, he's made himself available now.

Colm
18/04/2002, 2:47 PM
Murphy is fulltime so Rico would be too if he came to city. Id love to see him return to Cork, he would be a breath of fresh air. That said, I cant see it happening, I reckon he is a cert for the $hel$ job.

WE WANT RICO, WE WANT RICO, WE WANT RICO............................

wiseman
18/04/2002, 2:54 PM
as far as I know Liam was offered a full time contract but turned it down. So the clever board offered a two year part time one instead. So unless he gets a smack of the No.3 outside the ground bus he is around for a while.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Colm
18/04/2002, 2:59 PM
No, Im pretty sure he is on a full time contract, sure didnt he give up his job in Hickeys!

pete
18/04/2002, 4:05 PM
Liam Murphy may be fulltime in football (like Rico) but his time is split between city & the football course on the tramore road.

joe
18/04/2002, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by COLM
No, Im pretty sure he is on a full time contract, sure didnt he give up his job in Hickeys!

AFAIK he gave that up to take up his coaching position at Colaiste Stiofain Naofa, so while some people may say he's in football full-time, he's only part-time with City.

Seanie
18/04/2002, 7:39 PM
Richardson has declared his intention of parting company with the LOI given the season's fiascos. Just hope that players won't take off in a similar state of disillusionment

Colm
19/04/2002, 4:53 PM
He will be a great loss to the league. A true professional, with a great passion for LOI football will be sorely missed. Lets hope he has a sudden change of heart.

Éanna
20/04/2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by COLM
He will be a great loss to the league. A true professional, with a great passion for LOI football will be sorely missed. Lets hope he has a sudden change of heart.
How come you're not calling him a Judas?:confused:

Colm
20/04/2002, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

How come you're not calling him a Judas?:confused: Fair point, A long time has passed and with time comes forgivness!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!