PDA

View Full Version : Cork Game

fan_1
03/09/2005, 9:20 PM
big one next week. would gladly take a point.
tresson suspended, pip suspended,lynch + o'reilly injured????
could have problems hopefully the two recover from injury
no center halves next week then. chopper??? not good enough struggled against the orchard last week.

what yous think

superfrank
04/09/2005, 11:11 AM
I'd say the team'll be

Skippy, Ryaner, McGovern, Chopper, Giffy, Tyrell, Foxy, Collie, Robbie, Franco and Tarzan.

It's not that bad. Anyone know how long Jody's out for?? :confused:

Would settle for a point but you never know..... ;)

Poor Student
05/09/2005, 4:13 PM
How long is Tresson's suspension? Any chance he'll miss the UCD game?

Roo69
05/09/2005, 4:18 PM
How long is Tresson's suspension? Any chance he'll miss the UCD game?

2 yellows = 1 game suspension

Personally i would'nt let Chooper even on the bench after his preformance against Cherry orchard. Gona be very tough to pick a team. Heard Jody will be out for a few weeks.

BrayZil
05/09/2005, 4:20 PM
From what I hear Jody could be out for another couple of weeks which is a big loss. With Pip, Jody and Daz out, team could be:

Skippy

Giffy, Kevin O'Brien, McGovern, O’Reilly (if fit)

Ryaner, James, Fox, Tyrell

Franco, Murphy

AFAIK Tresson is only suspended for one match.

KR's Post
05/09/2005, 4:49 PM
I dunno how you think Murphy will start.... Was he on the Richard Dunne diet at Manchester City??? :D Very big lad! No offence. I'd say the team will be

Skippy

Giffy McGovren Chopper Ryaner

Rooney

McGuiness Foxy Tyrell

Franco Tarz(only after his dramatic goal against Pats)

Locker
06/09/2005, 9:28 AM
Going to be tough,,,,,,,,,,,MORE TO FOLLOW LATER :ball:

Roo69
06/09/2005, 9:50 AM
Are you on drugs ?

Threads merged as one already started.

Locker
06/09/2005, 2:07 PM
jody out for up to 3 weeks at max,its going to be tough but its the best time to beat cork, there going to be tired from all there cup,league,and european games they wont be looking forward to the game,i dont think franco will have a chance against the cork defence but maybe if the ball is kept on ground you'll never know PLEASE GOD :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Locker
06/09/2005, 2:15 PM
Are you on drugs ?

Threads merged as one already started. SORRY ROO DID'NT NOTICE, TARZ1 I THINK WE SHOULD LEAVE TARZ ON BENCH TILL LATE HE DOES'NT PLAY WELL WHEN HE STARTS,HE ONLY HAS STEAM IN HIM FOR 40MINS OR SO,NO OFFENCE BUD JUST AN OPINION, ;) ;) ;)

jonboy
06/09/2005, 2:22 PM
don't think franco will be playin i think he's on his way out of the club, either to drogs or bohs he can leave cause he's on an amateur contract I was talking to his uncle in the alsaa on sunday at the aer lingus game, if he's on the bench on Friday its bye bye franco.....

Roo69
06/09/2005, 2:35 PM
The transfer window has closed so he cannot sign for any other club no matter what kind of contract he is on.

KR's Post
06/09/2005, 4:30 PM
SORRY ROO DID'NT NOTICE, TARZ1 I THINK WE SHOULD LEAVE TARZ ON BENCH TILL LATE HE DOES'NT PLAY WELL WHEN HE STARTS,HE ONLY HAS STEAM IN HIM FOR 40MINS OR SO,NO OFFENCE BUD JUST AN OPINION, ;) ;) ;)
None taken man... His previous 2 goals against ucd and finn harps were both scored within the first half hour so.... But i think it might be a wise decision to leave him on the bench. But who will play up front, not Murphy surely, need Foxy in midfield and Franco not firing on all cylinders at the moment....

ccfcgirl
06/09/2005, 5:51 PM
Are there many fans travelling down for this game ? (tg4 showing the game)

Roo69
07/09/2005, 8:31 AM
Not to sure, well i know i cant get time off work to get down - thats both games i'll have missed down there this season :-( maybe 40/50 ?

jonboy
07/09/2005, 10:03 AM
The transfer window has closed so he cannot sign for any other club no matter what kind of contract he is on.
youre wrong if an amateur receives an offer of a professional contract he can leave at any stage read the fai rules on their website and get back to me in 2 weeks when he's gone

Roo69
07/09/2005, 10:56 AM
2 weeks you say.......

superfrank
07/09/2005, 1:46 PM
That'll be the 21st. Keep that date in mind!!

jonboy
08/09/2005, 9:58 AM
no probs

Grasshopper 99
08/09/2005, 6:41 PM
Are there many fans travelling down for this game ? (tg4 showing the game)

At the moment there is about 20-30 going :o , if it was not on tv more would go but there part timers and will look at it on tv. :mad:

superfrank
08/09/2005, 7:35 PM
At the moment there is about 20-30 going :o , if it was not on tv more would go but there part timers and will look at it on tv. :mad:
Ah cmon, you know I'm poor! How many times have I told you!

Roo69
09/09/2005, 8:31 AM
Or have to work like myself

BrayZil
09/09/2005, 8:36 AM
Or have to work like myself

I second that! I'm looking forward to watching us on the telly tonight tho, just hope we can get something out of the game.

superfrank
09/09/2005, 10:34 PM
I thought we were pretty poor. Cork seemed to stride through it. Skippy made a few good saves though. I think if he hadn't slipped up for the first goal, he would've come out of the match very confident.

Franco ought to pass alot more, it's getting ridiculous. He's a good player but he should know when to pass. I don't want to offend a certain Bray fan......but I'm suprised Tarzan lasted the whole match.

KR's Post
10/09/2005, 4:24 PM
I don't want to offend a certain Bray fan......but I'm suprised Tarzan lasted the whole match.
You didn't. Your right, not 1 of tarzans best games... :ball:

patsh
10/09/2005, 6:38 PM
Actually lads, I thought you lot didn't play too badly last night.
Didn't try blanket 11 man defence, had some good spells, and tried to play football for the whole game. You have some fine players there, and if you kept your side together, and added over the next few seasons, you would be in with a shout for the league.
We were in the mood last night, and we can be brilliant when we are like that.
Your keeper was superb, he made a f*ckup for the first one, but that shouldn't take away from the 5 or 6 outstanding saves he made.

seagulls nest
10/09/2005, 8:09 PM
thought we didnt play too badly to be honost,cork were excellent but we had chances of our own,thought Foxy,Giffy done well.also great to see them giving Roche a chance in the first team,thought he done really well in the game. i think if we beat ucd next week we will be safe.id stick with the same team except Pip for O'brien and Tresson for James.

seagulls nest
10/09/2005, 8:13 PM
is jody back from injury yet? bty that commentry in irish was a bit annoying,hadto put the tele on mute and tune on east coast radio

superfrank
10/09/2005, 9:53 PM
Cad é an fadhb leis an Gaeilge?? It's abrilliant language and we should do our best to keep it alive. Anyway I'll stop.

By the way have you ever tried listening to any match in a pub with Daniel O'Donnell for competition??

Stevo Da Gull
11/09/2005, 5:09 PM
Actually lads, I thought you lot didn't play too badly last night.
Didn't try blanket 11 man defence, had some good spells, and tried to play football for the whole game. You have some fine players there, and if you kept your side together, and added over the next few seasons, you would be in with a shout for the league.
We were in the mood last night, and we can be brilliant when we are like that.
Your keeper was superb, he made a f*ckup for the first one, but that shouldn't take away from the 5 or 6 outstanding saves he made.

Thank you for your kind words, Cork look in the mood at the moment and showing why they are top of the pile- ye were just a step above on Friday. Good luck -v- Prague ;) .

Things did'nt go as we hoped the other night but there are still positives to take from it, perhaps most notibly(spelun :confused: ) was the fact that Skippy played very well for the 3rd game in a row and looks to have his confidence back which is great news because he's a damn talented shot stopper and hopefully rather than leting the first goal get to him he'll learn from it and perhaps decide to be a bit more carefull or willing to hoof/head the ball in similar situations on future (kinda 'if in doubt put it out' kinda thing), he is often impressive at collecting the ball at the edge of the area seeming to know his box well but a similiar thing to the O'Flynn incident happened -v- Harps if my memory serves me correct.

Should most/all of our players be back from suspension/injury next week?

Éanna
11/09/2005, 10:50 PM
In fairness to bray, they did try to play football which is a welcome change. That said, I thought we were brilliant, and but for poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping, we would have scored 6 or 7 at least.

BrayZil
12/09/2005, 8:25 AM
We were totally outclassed Friday night. We had a few chances but never really troubled their goal keeper. Second week running Foxy was fantastic. Pip and Daz were a big loss to the game. Young Michael Roche did very well. Skippy was shocking for the first goal but in fairness to him he did pull off a few brilliant saves to make up for it. Overall I don’t rate him as a good keeper. He's a good shot stopper but terrible at crosses and tends to give possession back to the opposition when taking goal kicks.

Jody will be out for another few weeks, Collie James is suspended for Friday’s game against UCD. Pip, Daz and possibly Caffery will be back though.

Roo69
12/09/2005, 9:02 AM
No complaints about loosing on Friday what so ever.

I've defo lost all faith in Skippy now, week in week out is makes VERY costly mistakes, and Fridays one for the 1st goal should be the final straw i think, time for Hannigan to get a shot. Skip trys that same thing every single week, he was very nearly caught out Vs. Harps doing it as well. 2/3 Clean sheets in the league all season is just not good enough. Yeah he pulled off 1 or 2 good saves in the 2nd half but by then the game was over for us. His stops in the 1st half were stright at him, you or i would have saved them. Could'nt believe it when one of the papers said it was a mix up between McGovern and O'Connor ! nearly choked on my corn flakes ! Hi distribution is also shocking and has no control or command of his area, it's clear to see that the players are veryt shakey and nervous playing with him as well, loose count of how many times they have ripped him apart over the past few weeks for making mistakes.

Foxy had another good game and i thought Tyrrell did well enough, should have scored in the 2nd half to make it 2-1. Franco showed glimpses again but needs to learn when to pass the ball, takes to much out of it and he should have scored in the 1st few minutes when he was clean through, he had another excellent chance ion the 2nd half. Mick Roche had a very good game, especially considering if was his 1st start for the club, made some fine tackles and did'nt give Beehan a snif when he was on.

Cork are different class to every other team we have played this season, but they are beatable. No shame in loosing 3-0 to the league champions :-)

tiktok
12/09/2005, 9:30 AM
The main reason you lost by three was because you came and tried to play football, no shame in that, it simply meant that you left gaps behind and we were in good form to exploit them.

Keeper was exceptional, a lot of huff and puff up front but lacking that clinical edge. Best football an away team has played at the cross this season, Bohs aside.

KR's Post
12/09/2005, 4:08 PM
Well fair play to the cork lads... We appreciate the comments, it's great to hear froma supporters point of view, as we was tipped heavily to go down this season. We we're playing some nice stuff, but were always going to lose. Ravaged by injurys!!!! Thanks Patsh, but i doubt we'll win the league in the near future. Seeing friday night, i'd say it'll be in cork for a very long time!