PDA

View Full Version : Matches 15/16th March 2024

Pages : [1] 2

nigel-harps1954
14/03/2024, 6:46 PM
Wexford v Finn Harps in doubt, pitch inspection tomorrow morning in Ferrycarrig.

Feel sorry for the people at Wexford, left without a home game this season so far. Tight to run a club with no match day income for two months.

Martinho II
14/03/2024, 7:10 PM
Wexford v Finn Harps in doubt, pitch inspection tomorrow morning in Ferrycarrig.

Feel sorry for the people at Wexford, left without a home game this season so far. Tight to run a club with no match day income for two months.

Wouldnt be surprised if there will be a lot more pitcn inspections tmw and Sat I know here in Longford there is an awful lot of flooding than there should be!

outspoken
14/03/2024, 7:45 PM

Hard to feel sorry for them given the amount of unnecessary matches played on that pitch before the longford game. The pitch is absolutely wrecked. Then again, it's FAI owned so no idea how it works in terms of local teams etc wanting to play on it

brendy_éire
15/03/2024, 11:25 AM
Premier Division
FRI Bohemians - Derry City
FRI Dundalk - Waterford
FRI Galway United - Shamrock Rovers
FRI St. Patricks Athletic - Shelbourne
SAT Sligo Rovers - Drogheda United

First Division
FRI Cork City - Bray Wanderers
FRI Kerry - Cobh Ramblers
FRI UCD - Athlone Town
FRI Wexford - Finn Harps
SAT Longford Town - Treaty United

culloty82
15/03/2024, 11:27 AM
Game gets the green light.

culloty82
15/03/2024, 11:28 AM
Premier Division
FRI Bohemians 0-1 Derry City
FRI Dundalk 0-0 Waterford
FRI Galway United 0-1 Shamrock Rovers
FRI St. Patricks Athletic 0-1 Shelbourne
SAT Sligo Rovers 0-0 Drogheda United

First Division
FRI Cork City 1-0 Bray Wanderers
FRI Kerry 1-1 Cobh Ramblers
FRI UCD 1-0 Athlone Town
FRI Wexford 1-0 Finn Harps
SAT Longford Town 1-1 Treaty United

You may want to copy and paste in the Predictions League Thread! ;)

brendy_éire
15/03/2024, 11:32 AM
Usually confident going to Dalymount, where our record is great, but do Bohs get a bounce off sacking Devine? Going to have to guess that they'll be trying to keep it really tight, any sort of result would be a positive.
I do note that Rob Hennessey is our ref for tonight. Our win ratio and disciplinary records are, on average, lower when he's in charge. We should adjust our behaviour accordingly.

For any Dundalk fans worried about relegation, tonight should give an insight. IMO, Waterford have been the poorest side we've played so far, and I think Dundalk will be fine, but wouldn't want to be dropping points in games like that.

brendy_éire
15/03/2024, 11:33 AM

Ha, didn't even cop on!

Nesta99
15/03/2024, 11:33 AM

I was hoping it was Saturday and they were the results!

Another Bohemia
15/03/2024, 2:26 PM
Usually confident going to Dalymount, where our record is great, but do Bohs get a bounce off sacking Devine? Going to have to guess that they'll be trying to keep it really tight, any sort of result would be a positive.
I do note that Rob Hennessey is our ref for tonight. Our win ratio and disciplinary records are, on average, lower when he's in charge. We should adjust our behaviour accordingly.

For any Dundalk fans worried about relegation, tonight should give an insight. IMO, Waterford have been the poorest side we've played so far, and I think Dundalk will be fine, but wouldn't want to be dropping points in games like that.

Well by all accounts Devine never lost the players just the confidence of the board and fans so not sure what type of reaction we'll see. I just want Bohs to have a solid plan in place and keep it tight. Try to sneak something on the counter with Connolly and get some points on the board till the new manager comes in.

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 3:25 PM
I assume we will have no one back from injury so it will be the same very bang average stuff with no idea where a goal will come from unless its a bit of magic from Burkey (if he plays).
Galways up and at um approach will be a test and as i expect them to score the 13/5 on Galway looks pretty attrractive.
I still think if we can get players back after the window (at least JAck/trevor /mcaneff maybe) we can pick things up i just hope its not to late and we arent to far behind, Derry with Hoooooban isnt last years Derry who we can rely on to choke.
Am i cheering for Bohs tonight....through gritted teeth, Pats v Shels looks like a big six pointer early would be a massive win for Shels.

Bohs and Shels to win , Rovers to defy my expectations and we are only 7 and 5 points behind Shels and Derry with a game in hand.
With my pessimist hat on if Derry and Shels win and we lose as i fear in Galway we are 13 points behind Shels and 11 behind Derry.....even with a game in hand that is crises territory....
Am i nervous ??? 100% yes .. Can the team step up now when they need to .........i hope so

ger121
15/03/2024, 4:29 PM

You have nothing to worry about tonight. The only bounce we’ll get is when a player bounces the ball on the pitch coming out of the tunnel.

RealJohn91
15/03/2024, 5:33 PM
Talbot back in the squad for Bohs tonight. Great news.

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 6:18 PM
Rovers have 2 keepers on the bench tonight to fill it out. Questions need to be asked.

Another Bohemia
15/03/2024, 6:19 PM
Rovers have 2 keepers on the bench tonight to fill it out. Questions need to be asked.

I'll start, are either of them better than Pohls?

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 6:35 PM
I actually think pohls while not being as good a showstopper as Manus is better on distribution. If we had a team that could take advantage on the pitch it is a net marginal call.
Clarke on the bench is strictly for appearances I'd say. No chance of him coming on.

pineapple stu
15/03/2024, 7:07 PM
Athlone could do with one of them I think. Soft shot let in through his hands to have us 2-0 up

The First Division isn't all bad :)

joey B
15/03/2024, 7:39 PM
Poor first half from us in Wexford,lucky not to be further behind,Wexford played some decent stuff at times will be annoyed not to be at 2 goals up…..

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 8:32 PM
Thank god. Papers over the cracks
Hopefully a few back after the break.

Calcio Jack
15/03/2024, 8:42 PM

And what questions are they ?

culloty82
15/03/2024, 8:43 PM
So close, yet so far away - still, at least we're not bottom for now, albeit heavily-asterisked!

joey B
15/03/2024, 8:43 PM
Great second half from us to snatch the win,second away game coming from behind at the break to win!

SwanVsDalton
15/03/2024, 8:48 PM
Bad injury problems or not, that was a total stinker in Dalymount. You get what you deserve when you blow your own feet off.

RealJohn91
15/03/2024, 8:53 PM
Not a lot of quality at Dalyer but at we showed some bottle and fight and took advantage of some poor Derry moments. It's only going off 90 minutes but Jevon Mills looks like a very good defender.

Shinkicker
15/03/2024, 8:55 PM
Bohs were brilliant tonight, not always pretty but they dug in and fought for it. Have to say McDonnell and Mills were terrific and Keta when he came on. The keeper commanded his area picking up balls on the 18yd line while Dylan Connolly kept Derry busy at the other end. Akintunde came on and played a blinder working all over the place. Overall a great team performance.

ger121
15/03/2024, 8:58 PM
Well that was most unexpected from Bohs. Rovers finally win. Shels 5 clear. Daly next for the chop? Dundalk can’t score to save their lives.

Jack B
15/03/2024, 9:00 PM
Was actually quite a good, even game in Richmond but unfortunately for us Freeman was the worst player on the pitch, and Jarvis probably the best, and both Shels goals came from that situation before Daly reacted to it.

Waterford game aside you can give the "fine margins" excuse for each of our losses though, definitely not good enough on the whole.

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 9:00 PM
And what questions are they ?

Fairly obvious I would have thought. Is our strength and conditioning good enough, how do we end up without a bench with the biggest budget in the league. I nearly gVe a poor auld lad a heart attack celebrating our winner doesn't mean I can't question the obvious

Shinkicker
15/03/2024, 9:02 PM
Had to laugh, in the first half the ball went out for a Bohs throw and bounced into Higgins hands. He threw it away from the Bohs player taking it. In the 89th min he was running around looking for a ball for a Bohs player to throw in.

redarmyfaction
15/03/2024, 9:03 PM
Was waiting on Waterford to fill my treble along with Bohs and Shels and watched last 30 at Oriel, neither team seemed particularly bothered about scoring, wheels coming off Waterford after their good start?

kksaints
15/03/2024, 9:05 PM
Was actually quite a good, even game in Richmond but unfortunately for us Freeman was the worst player on the pitch, and Jarvis probably the best, and both Shels goals came from that situation before Daly reacted to it.

Waterford game aside you can give the "fine margins" excuse for each of our losses though, definitely not good enough on the whole.

2nd goal was particularly poor as we basically conceded the same goal twice. Mulraney made a difference when he came on but we're just not good at creating chances. Freeman hit some good crosses in the 1st half but he was a disaster defensively. Forrester poor yet again he hasn't started the season well at all.

SkStu
15/03/2024, 9:08 PM
Fairly obvious I would have thought. Is our strength and conditioning good enough, how do we end up without a bench with the biggest budget in the league.

And what person, dead or alive, would Stephen invite to dinner.

The Bohs march to the title is gathering steam.

Shinkicker
15/03/2024, 9:16 PM
The common denominator for Bohs could be Croly left the first team coaching squad last year and looked what happened, back in this week look what happened. He is known to be one of the best coaches in the country?????

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 9:17 PM

Quiet now.... enjoy your moment , relegation fight awaits but appreciate the help tonight :)

sbgawa
15/03/2024, 9:18 PM
The common denominator for Bohs could be Croly left the first team coaching squad last year and looked what happened, back in this week look what happened. He is known to be one of the best coaches in the country?????

This is true was gutted when I heard he was going back.in.

Another Bohemia
15/03/2024, 9:52 PM
Very pleasing performance there tonight. Every player worked for the full 90 mins. That was something missing far too often during Devine's tenure. Why Mills was on the bench for the last couple of games I'll never know as he looks a fine defender. I know Talbot was back on the bench tonight but I feel he may have to stay there a while longer Chorazka played really well and looks to excell at coming to claim balls at the edge of the box and distribution which are both weak points for Talbot.

On Derry they're a bit strange. They very obviously have quality but lacked a bit of imagination tonight. Their goal was a screamer but outside of that I'm not sure they had any great chances. Maybe they move the ball a bit too slowly or something but they seemed to run out of ideas very quickly.

Dermobohs
15/03/2024, 9:55 PM
Quiet now.... enjoy your moment , relegation fight awaits but appreciate the help tonight :)
Ah now chin up lad, you’ll not be in the bottom 2.

ontheotherhand
15/03/2024, 9:59 PM
21 wins in a row against Galway. I like Galway. Could we not do this to a more deserving club?

Dermobohs
15/03/2024, 10:04 PM
Mad stuff in dalymount, daft mistake plus poor marking handing us a two goal lead, then Derry get a cracker, then the keeper pulls off an incredible stop to keep out a fine piszchek header, late scramble from them yields nothing, very very exciting second half I must say.
All played well tonight too, paddy Kirk was outstanding, as were both centre backs, keeper very solid.
Piszchek led the line well and the work rate in midfield was outstanding. Lovely to see Trevor back on the line, handed out a few right bollockings!
I’d give him and Pender the job myself, at least this season.

RealJohn91
15/03/2024, 10:10 PM
Pender doesn't have the right badges to take over full time and Croly still has his day job so that won't be happening unfortunately.

Calcio Jack
15/03/2024, 10:19 PM
Fairly obvious I would have thought. Is our strength and conditioning good enough, how do we end up without a bench with the biggest budget in the league. I nearly gVe a poor auld lad a heart attack celebrating our winner doesn't mean I can't question the obvious

Question away of course …. But all you said is conjecture not fact based ( re strength and conditioning) unless you are privy to something ?

We’ve had a mini injury crisis since the start of the season between injuries already sustained and others that have occurred since …. That happens , really don’t think there’s anything more to it than that….. bl##dy frustrating yes but imo not down to the training regime

ger121
15/03/2024, 11:02 PM
Question away of course …. But all you said is conjecture not fact based ( re strength and conditioning) unless you are privy to something ?

We’ve had a mini injury crisis since the start of the season between injuries already sustained and others that have occurred since …. That happens , really don’t think there’s anything more to it than that….. bl##dy frustrating yes but imo not down to the training regime

C’mon now. Rovers have that many injuries each season, you’d give Tallaght Hospital A&E a run for their money.

nigel-harps1954
15/03/2024, 11:04 PM
Nice win for Harps and a good second half after a stinker of a first. Good to see David Cawley getting into an advanced position and he took his goal very well. Proving to be an important signing for Harps.

joey B
15/03/2024, 11:38 PM
Looking at Rodger’s for Pats this evening what’s their 3rd choice keeper like?!?!

Dermobohs
15/03/2024, 11:40 PM
Pender doesn't have the right badges to take over full time and Croly still has his day job so that won't be happening unfortunately.

BADGES????? We don’t need no stinking badges?

Dermobohs
15/03/2024, 11:40 PM
Love that movie

Knocklyonhoop
15/03/2024, 11:48 PM

are Shels not mathematically confirmed as champions?!

sbgawa
16/03/2024, 6:31 AM

Of course it's conjecture hence me saying questions need to be asked.
If we have to fill the bench with two keepers and Clarke who I would seriously doubt was ever going to play it is not good. Thank god we sneaked it at the end and derry slipped up, we need players back quickly. The international break will help.

Kingswood Rover
16/03/2024, 7:16 AM
Of course it's conjecture hence me saying questions need to be asked.
If we have to fill the bench with two keepers and Clarke who I would seriously doubt was ever going to play it is not good. Thank god we sneaked it at the end and derry slipped up, we need players back quickly. The international break will help.

It was a real huff n puff win but thats what was needed, thought Dan Cleary was poor again this evening with a lot of his medium range passing out going to the opposition. The strength and conditioning debate is interesting and has been a source of lots of debate amongst us elder lemons up at the back of the south stand my take on it is that there seems to be something in it but surely the Management team that are in place have recognised this and moved to address. It is also the case that some players are way more susceptible to getting injured if you have 2 or 3 in a squad it can be an issue. I Remember when Simon Power came to us we all said he will be injured most of the time, proven right.

Neish
16/03/2024, 10:09 AM
Great comeback and 2nd half from Harps after counting their luck not to have been at least 3-0 down at halftime. Poor first halves and strong 2nd halves seems to be the way for Harps so far this season