PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Quarter Finals on TG4

Dee75
05/09/2005, 2:56 PM
Friday 23rd Sept
Cork City vs Sligo

Saturday 24th Sept
Derry City vs Shamrock Rovers ;)

Live on TG4 (http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/spor/sac.htm)

sligoman
05/09/2005, 3:19 PM
Friday 23rd Sept
Cork City vs SligoLovely stuff! Although I'm still gonna miss it but I'll get it taped :)

Roo69
05/09/2005, 3:26 PM
Friday 23rd Sept
Cork City vs Sligo

Saturday 24th Sept
Derry City vs Shamrock Rovers ;)

Live on TG4 (http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/spor/sac.htm)

Not being bad, but how could they put that on ahead of the Drogs Vs. Bohs match ? very strange decision

Colm
05/09/2005, 3:28 PM
Not being bad, but how could they put that on ahead of the Drogs Vs. Bohs match ? very strange decision

Surely the the team top of the premier division versus the team top of the first is a bigger game than two mid table premier teams playing each other.

patsh
05/09/2005, 3:28 PM
Sensible decision.

The other 4 team are rubbish (except maybe UCD).....

patsh
05/09/2005, 3:29 PM
Surely the the team top of the premier division versus the team top of the first is a bigger game than two mid table premier teams playing each other.
Colm, you must remember this is a guy who thinks the relegation battle in the Norwegian league is better than the eL......

Roo69
05/09/2005, 3:45 PM

Cork are a good side alright, no doubting that, but Bohs and Drogs are better draws than Sligo and i dont mean that in an insulting way. It will probably be a far more even match though, but in saying that Cork were poxed to scrape by the worst team in the premier on sat night so ya never know.

Roo69
05/09/2005, 3:49 PM
Colm, you must remember this is a guy who thinks the relegation battle in the Norwegian league is better than the eL......

there ya go again adding your own little words in......... What i said was, Norwegian league is better than the eL. Like for gods sake, this is the bottom of the Norwegian league home ground (http://www.aafk.no/content.asp?page=2993&lang=1), look at it compared to the top of the table in the eL. Embarresing really !

KK77
05/09/2005, 3:50 PM
Good to see the Sligo game on makes a nice change. I thought myself Cork did well to come from 2-1 down to win on saturday as no matter who you play in the cup it's always going to be hard especially up in Harps.

sligoman
05/09/2005, 3:51 PM
Cork are a good side alright, no doubting that, but Bohs and Drogs are better draws than Sligo and i dont mean that in an insulting way. It will probably be a far more even match though, but in saying that Cork were poxed to scrape by the worst team in the premier on sat night so ya never know.This is the only chance a first division team has of getting on telly so get over it! :)

Roo69
05/09/2005, 3:54 PM
So just because there a 1st division team means they should be on the box ? but as Rafa says it does make a nice change, still think the other match will be more entertaining thou.

sligoman
05/09/2005, 3:56 PM
So just because there a 1st division team means they should be on the box ? but as Rafa says it does make a nice change, still think the other match will be more entertaining thou.Yes, why? :confused:. Ah no seriously, this will be a good match and it's a chance for ye to see a bit of next year's (probable)opposition against the team currently top of the premier ;)

Aberdonian Stu
05/09/2005, 3:59 PM
I agree with the decision. I don't think Drogs-Bohs is as interesting a tie as even putting aside the top v top (as there is a possibility that one or both won't be when the game is played) the fact that a big club in the Premier, who will draw a crowd, are playing a promotion chasing side who are considerable underdogs has something going for it...The Rocky factor (minus Seery before anyone gets in a bad DC related gag).

Normally such ties aren't that attractive over here as while there's the classic clash they often result in poor crowds. This, I think it is fair to say, is highly unlikely in this case.

Roo69
05/09/2005, 4:00 PM
Ah were well used to Sligo from the past 2 seasons, chance for the other lads to see what ya's are all about. Hopefully ya can cause a major upset.....

centre mid
05/09/2005, 4:03 PM
With only four games, and three TV stations that show EL - rte, setantat & TG4 why cant all the matches be shown live ?

sligoman
05/09/2005, 4:05 PM
With only four games, and three TV stations that show EL - rte, setantat & TG4 why cant all the matches be shown live ?Cos this is the EL not the premiership or the champions league :(

Roverstillidie
05/09/2005, 4:13 PM
Cos this is the EL not the premiership or the champions league :(
actually its the cup!
do all 3 channels have the rights to it?

pete
05/09/2005, 4:46 PM
No doubt TG4 were watching the poll results here with interest.
Bohs have been on TV plenty of times this season but little harsh on Drogs as have had minimal coverage.

Slash/ED
05/09/2005, 4:49 PM
The Brandywell and the Cross also come across far FAR better on TV than United Park.

The Stars
05/09/2005, 4:55 PM
but little harsh on Drogs as have had minimal coverage.
They have had more coverage than us and wasnt their match against Dundalk on T.V. a few weeks back.....

harry crumb
05/09/2005, 7:32 PM
The Brandywell and the Cross also come across far FAR better on TV than United Park.

I wouldnt agree with you.

I think Drogheda comes accross very well on TV.

Turners Cross had the TV gantry on the wrond side of the ground.

Slash/ED
05/09/2005, 7:35 PM
I wouldnt agree with you.

I think Drogheda comes accross very well on TV.

Turners Cross had the TV gantry on the wrond side of the ground.

Agree about the cross but you really think Drogheda comes across well on TV? :confused: With nothing behind either end and not much where the cameras facing either. I'd say the cross, even if the cameras on the wrong side, comes across a hell of alot better.

sligoman
05/09/2005, 10:43 PM
actually its the cup!You know well what I mean :rolleyes:. It's EL teams in it!

RedX
05/09/2005, 11:10 PM
but in saying that Cork were poxed to scrape by the worst team in the premier on sat night so ya never know.

We beat Harps Saturday night not BRAY.... :rolleyes:

City are playing Sligo on TV because we are top of the premier and they are top of the 1st division..Cup is also about romance..and why do you care about Drogs and Bohs?..i have never seen anyone arguing for another club to be on TV before while there own club is still in the competition.. :confused: ..are all Bray fans this miserable that they would want to deny Sligo a live game?..between you and Superfrank you really give the Bray fans a bad name.. :eek:

Harry Crumb...On the other point i think(maybe i am wrong)but it was Oriel Park that the recent Dundalk/Drogs game was on..it looked well on TV..United Park does not look great with the billboards really.. :)

patsh
06/09/2005, 8:21 AM
With only four games, and three TV stations that show EL - rte, setantat & TG4 why cant all the matches be shown live ?
It wouldn't have killed TV3 to show one either.
To show all 4, you would have had to have the games on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon.
Could have been done alright.

Dee75
06/09/2005, 10:02 AM
The 2 games make sense. The two games not shown are matches that away fans can get to quick enough.

Roo69
06/09/2005, 10:15 AM
We beat Harps Saturday night not BRAY.... :rolleyes:

City are playing Sligo on TV because we are top of the premier and they are top of the 1st division..Cup is also about romance..and why do you care about Drogs and Bohs?..i have never seen anyone arguing for another club to be on TV before while there own club is still in the competition.. :confused: ..are all Bray fans this miserable that they would want to deny Sligo a live game?..between you and Superfrank you really give the Bray fans a bad name.. :eek:

Harry Crumb...On the other point i think(maybe i am wrong)but it was Oriel Park that the recent Dundalk/Drogs game was on..it looked well on TV..United Park does not look great with the billboards really.. :)

Yeah 6th in the league is really the worst team.......Jesus you caaaaaaaawk lads have some special way of thinking :rolleyes:

Who said i care about Drogs or Bohs ? I think it'll be a better game than the caaaaaaaaawk Vs. Sligo, thats why i think they should have showed it, no other reason. What are you talking about, deny Sligo a game on TV ? Games are'nt put on TV to be nice to clubs

I give Bray fans a bad name ? explain.......

And i would agree with Harry Crumb, United Park always looks well on TV.

Colm
06/09/2005, 11:45 AM
Ah sure, they think fourth is mid-table. And they think they don't have goal scoring problems because they stuck SIX past mighty Middleton. Yet they failed to score against the high-flying Harps in ninety minutes at the Cross. Sure we're the Total footballers, like, from the real capital, like, biy.

The jealous pr!ck is back talking sh!te again I see. :rolleyes:

Put it this way Cop On, the Rebel Army will have more fans in Prague next week than you had at your HOME game last week. Think about that before you make your next idiotic post.

Roo69
06/09/2005, 12:14 PM
The jealous pr!ck is back talking sh!te again I see. :rolleyes:

Put it this way Cop On, the Rebel Army will have more fans in Prague next week than you had at your HOME game last week. Think about that before you make your next idiotic post.

So personal abuse is game ball now yeah :rolleyes:

Colm
06/09/2005, 12:16 PM
So personal abuse is game ball now yeah :rolleyes:

It's the truth, he is a jealous pr!ck!!
Adam has already sent him a warning about his behaviour in this forum so he's lucky he's not banned from it yet.

Colm
06/09/2005, 12:50 PM
Merely stating the facts. You DID put six goals past Middleton. You DID NOT score against Harps in the Cross.
Jeez, you are a touchy lot. I'd hate to see your reaction if you lost.

I was also merely stating facts when I pointed out that we'll bring more fans to Prague next week than your club has had at any of it's recent home games!

Aberdonian Stu
06/09/2005, 1:13 PM
Right both of you GROW UP.

I'd hear more reasoned debate from a student politician than the clatter that's been in the last two posts.

You both know better than to act the way ye have been and this "I was merely stating the facts" malarkey that both of ye have done is very similar to "But Sir, he started it."

Colm
06/09/2005, 1:17 PM
Right both of you GROW UP.

I'd hear more reasoned debate from a student politician than the clatter that's been in the last two posts.

You both know better than to act the way ye have been and this "I was merely stating the facts" malarkey that both of ye have done is very similar to "But Sir, he started it."

I know I shouldn't react to the jealousy but ineveitably I do! :)

TheOwl
06/09/2005, 1:29 PM
As a neutral I think the Drogs vs. Bohs game would have been a better choice, they may not be in the top 3 but they are definitely two of the bigger clubs around.

As I said before, the Sligo match would have been a lot more appealing if it had been at the Showgrounds, as there would have been a genuine chance of an upset and a real cup-tie atmosphere. I suspect Sligo will probably put 10-men behind the ball at Turners X though and hope for a 0-0 draw.

Put it this way, Drogs vs. Bohs would be akin to something like Aston Villa vs. Spurs in the FA Cup while the Cork game is like Chelsea or Man U (Top of Prem) at home to Sheffield United (Top of Champ).

Surely Cork and Sligo fans agree that the Villa vs. Spurs game would be much more appealing for a neutral, although maybe not if the Chelsea vs. Sheff U game was at Brammel Lane?

mandrake
06/09/2005, 1:46 PM
well thanks roo69 and harry crumb and dee75.
our games v bohs are always great....1-1 a few years back....2-2 and 3-2 this year.
but i do think showing games that fans cant get to either is good.
rovers fans can see them v derry and sligo in cork.
TG4 are great at whatever they do...always well produced tv. and the weather girls woo-hoo... :D
but i think generally the media love cork and always want to show them and i suppose they always have full grounds ish...
united park always look as though there is no home fans...camera does be over us.
the tv coverage adds to the cup weekend.

garykelly
06/09/2005, 2:20 PM
I suspect Sligo will probably put 10-men behind the ball at Turners X though and hope for a 0-0 draw.

No this wont happen. Typifies the attitude towards First Division teams. But that's not a dig, because if Sligo Rovers were in the prem i'd have no interest in the first division either.

No we will go the turners cross and play football. I know it's been said that we'll get beat if we try that, but i genuinely believe Sligo Rovers will want to express themselves and play good football in front of the cameras. If we get beat then we'll be happy to have tried and played good football.

With the game being on Friday and on TV i cannot see a large Sligo crowd down to watch it, which is extrememly dissapointing. I'd say we'll have a couple of hundred down at it.

Of course it would be more appealing if we were at home, but in cup football you never know. Our game against shels in tolka a couple of years ago wasnt live and look what they missed out on ;)

Will be a great event for us in cork anyway and of course i'd end up missing it.

pete
06/09/2005, 3:10 PM
TG4 are great at whatever they do...always well produced tv. and the weather girls woo-hoo... :D

Maybe the weather girls could presenter Sacar Beo? :D

RedX
06/09/2005, 6:07 PM
I give Bray fans a bad name ? explain.......

Another jealous one.... ;)

Roverstillidie
07/09/2005, 8:37 AM
You know well what I mean :rolleyes:. It's EL teams in it!

im not trying to be pedantic, but people are making the assumption that the 4 channels who have a deal to show el matches also have the rights to the cup. it aint that simple.