PDA

View Full Version : Setanta – New Programme

drummerboy
05/09/2005, 2:38 PM
Setanta launch a new phone-in sports programme tonight at 7pm. It will be run Mon-Friday and be hosted by Daire O’Brien, formerly of Newstalk. He is not a bad presenter, and is a genuine fan

wws
05/09/2005, 2:41 PM
fan of what?

drummerboy
05/09/2005, 2:43 PM
He has a genuine interest in football among other sports.

pete
05/09/2005, 4:36 PM
I think he was good presenter on Newstalk.
I suppose they will try to grab listeners off Newstalks Off the Ball.

tetsujin1979
05/09/2005, 11:11 PM
He was on George Hook's show tonight, made a point of saying people could listen to Off The Ball and watch him.

pete
06/09/2005, 9:25 AM
Probably cheap programme for Setanta to produce & fills some time on their schedule. Fine programme for flicking between ads. Its not something you stay in or come home early for.

Schumi
06/09/2005, 3:00 PM
Saw bits of this, flicked away when they started GAA and forgot to flick back for a while. It looked decent enough especially for a first time. Is it live or recorded? It looked live but I'm not sure.

Jerry The Saint
06/09/2005, 4:58 PM
Probably cheap programme for Setanta to produce & fills some time on their schedule. Fine programme for flicking between ads. Its not something you stay in or come home early for.

It was the couple of minutes I saw when flicking between ads that put me off. They seemed to be making a bit of a deal about the Evening Herald story, taking it as gospel even after it had been rubbished by all concerned (leaving aside that it was clearly rubbish due to it being printed in the Hedild in the first place). Some guy sitting with O'Brien going on about how Roy wouldn't stand for this type of behaviour and had to send threatening text messages to Brian Kerr, blah-blah. They then started giving sh!t to the guys on the rowing team, as if it's some kind of lesser sport that only barely deserves their attention for a couple of minutes. :rolleyes:

Dodge
06/09/2005, 5:15 PM
Didn't see it but I can already tell the audience they're aiming for....

Not for me, methinks