PDA

View Full Version : Treaty (H)

culloty82
26/02/2024, 1:03 PM
Given the weather can hardly be as bad again as it was on Friday, the anticipation of the MSC tie between the same opposition today week, and Treaty likely to bring a significant away following down due to their excellent form, one can only hope that the attendance for the local derby starts with an 8 this week. The big decision for Conor this week will be whether to stick with Tuta, or go back to Lee, other than that, there's unlikely to be many changes in the starting XI unless Kavanagh is passed fit to return. Treaty already appear to be much improved on last season, winning at Belfield likely to be matched by few sides this season, and at this stage, you'd be happy to take a draw from the game, just to boost the team's confidence and spur them on.

Zico
26/02/2024, 1:10 PM
We need something from this or the wheels could start coming off very quickly with the alarm bells ringing after such a small attendance for opening home game. It’s clear people do not want to turn up week in week out to see a team lose. Treaty could be just the tonic though to kickstart everything again - a big crowd and atmosphere, a team on the up but probably not as good as their league position suggests against a Kerry team that have played better than the opening 2 results suggests.

CraftyToePoke
26/02/2024, 3:18 PM
Coming to this one, England based Treaty fan making the trip. Really looking forward to it, seeing the two sides at national level & my first time at the ground.

CraftyToePoke
27/02/2024, 1:43 AM
Treaty could be just the tonic though to kickstart everything again - a big crowd and atmosphere, a team on the up but probably not as good as their league position suggests against a Kerry team that have played better than the opening 2 results suggests.

I think we're a top five, best of the rest race contender, but I think you're right, we probably aren't a three wins from three games with two of those away games, level side. I think Friday could sober us up because Kerry will be raging after last week.

Very well drilled under Barrett though, if not over pretty, streetwise to the division, and we have a goal scorer in Curran. It could be tight & he could be the difference.

I've a lot of family in Kerry, I'd be Kerry Airport, not Shannon, side of the county. Went to college in Tralee & spent a lot of my summers around Sneem and Waterville years ago. Look out for the Kerry score every week after our own. Really hope it starts to turn, and the wins come. Anytime after Friday.

legendz
27/02/2024, 1:24 PM
All the pressure is on Kerry. They need a home league win badly. The sooner the better. All talk in the off season was on improving defending at set pieces. There was scant evidence of that last Friday. Treaty are the clear favourites. They know how to win and get results. Kerry do not.

NeverFeltBetter
27/02/2024, 2:02 PM
The longer Kerry's search for a win goes on the more nervous I get about Treaty playing them, it's like a game of pass-the-parcel. It has to happen sometime.

listowelceltic
27/02/2024, 2:56 PM
Confident of getting something from this if, and that's a big if we can stop giving away careless goals. Played very well last Friday and done OK in Cork. Gleeson will be a loss, i presume he's suspended. Anyone know when Dolia is ready to play?

Zico
27/02/2024, 5:31 PM
I believe it’s a one game ban for Gleason. Dolia still out also. Not sure who else can play on left wing to keep balance, possibly Kavanagh at LB and SO’C on the wing - will help keep the shape and also a bit more defensive reinforcements.

culloty82
27/02/2024, 6:13 PM
From what was said on Radio Kerry at lunchtime, Ronan Teahan and Jack Kavanagh are both available again, no update on Dolia, so must be at least a further week off fitness.

Zico
28/02/2024, 3:02 PM
Really curious to see what the attendance will be for this one. Stand more or less sold out, but then again that happens almost every game now but still at least 100 empty seats for actual game - assume it’s sponsors and season ticket no shows. I would imagine treaty will sell out their allocation and probably bring another 100 or so on top of that. Here is hoping we can get over the 900’s for this one and good football game too..

legendz
29/02/2024, 2:15 PM
James Sugrue was speaking of the importance of knowing how to win games. He acknowledges fully that Tommy Barrett and Treaty know how to win games. Kerry have struggled with that since last June.

listowelceltic
01/03/2024, 4:12 AM
I'm going for a 2-1 home win in front of 980 supporters.

legendz
01/03/2024, 9:28 AM
I'm going for a 2-1 home win in front of 980 supporters.
I share in this optimistic prediction. Kerry to somehow grind out a much needed home league win.

Zico
01/03/2024, 12:28 PM
Agree - we need to somehow grind out a win, moral victories no longer acceptable. This team is capable of better.

culloty82
01/03/2024, 6:01 PM
A very attacking line-up selected for tonight: Tuta - O'Connell, Spain (A), Aladesanusi, Williams - McGrath, Healy, McCarthy - Amechi, Kelliher, Okwute

listowelceltic
02/03/2024, 7:19 AM
Gutted to lose in that way last night. Team were a credit to the club again but unfortunately its another loss. We need an ugly 1 nil win somewhere to get off the ground. Teams at this level still more street wise than us. Slightly disappointed with the crowd off 600 odd, considering Treaty brought around 100.

Zico
02/03/2024, 11:24 AM
Frustrating again not to get something. The most encouraging aspect though from the last 2 home games is the amount of clear goal scoring chances we are creating. I count at least 10 - 4 against Bray and 6 last night against Treaty. I would be far more worried if we were not creating chances.

The attendance was updated to 720 now, slightly disappointing. Last nights game was very entertaining and great value for money - chances all evening at both ends played out in a very good atmosphere. If we don’t get something away to Athlone next week though I would be fearful of a very small crowd for Cobh (400s).

legendz
02/03/2024, 4:22 PM
It's a frustrating start to the league season. There are signs that Kerry have improved in last season but they are no better off than last summer when they turned a competitive corner and lost a few games by the one goal. Supporters are waiting and waiting for a positive up turn in results.

culloty82
02/03/2024, 7:40 PM
Dolia will reportedly be fit by next Friday, so we can only hope that he's more clinical in front of goal.

CraftyToePoke
02/03/2024, 11:44 PM
Gutted to lose in that way last night. Team were a credit to the club again but unfortunately its another loss. We need an ugly 1 nil win somewhere to get off the ground. Teams at this level still more street wise than us. Slightly disappointed with the crowd off 600 odd, considering Treaty brought around 100.

I didn't think Treaty were particularly street wise closing it out last night, if you remember in injury time the left winger was away but headed towards the box, he needed to run to the corner & stand on that ball there, Kerry won it back. Then we got it back and our player took a pointless weak long range shot straight at your keeper, worst thing he could have done with it, that moment shifted the momentum & soon after you won the penalty. They were two poor pieces of injury time game management. You got your chance & that penalty just has to go in, these psychological blows keep coming & they are the main problem now, to my eye, rather than lacking the quality.

Kerry are decent, played some very good stuff and could have won that match & I get now why you guys on here are saying that week on week, no reason this side can't be picking up results & wins on last nights showing. We could have had few complaints if we'd lost.

My first time there, was in the main stand with the Kerry crowd & really enjoyed it, sound friendly people and a nice facility there. Hope it picks up for yee.

legendz
03/03/2024, 6:40 AM
I didn't think Treaty were particularly street wise closing it out last night, if you remember in injury time the left winger was away but headed towards the box, he needed to run to the corner & stand on that ball there, Kerry won it back. Then we got it back and our player took a pointless weak long range shot straight at your keeper, worst thing he could have done with it, that moment shifted the momentum & soon after you won the penalty. They were two poor pieces of injury time game management. You got your chance & that penalty just has to go in, these psychological blows keep coming & they are the main problem now, to my eye, rather than lacking the quality.

Kerry are decent, played some very good stuff and could have won that match & I get now why you guys on here are saying that week on week, no reason this side can't be picking up results & wins on last nights showing. We could have had few complaints if we'd lost.

My first time there, was in the main stand with the Kerry crowd & really enjoyed it, sound friendly people and a nice facility there. Hope it picks up for yee.
A balanced assessment and an accurate description of Kerry's problems. Treaty win wasn't down to being streetwise. Kerry left them off the hook. It's been a recurring theme since last June.

culloty82
04/03/2024, 6:11 PM
Fair to say the management are going all out this evening: Tuta - Williams (C), Aladesanusi, O'Connell, Kos - McGrath, Teahan, Gleeson, Healy - Amechi, Udeze. Okwute and Kelliher both available on the bench if required.

kingdomkerry
04/03/2024, 9:25 PM
4-1. Hopefully this kick starts our season.