PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 2-0 Monaghan United

sligoman
03/09/2005, 9:19 PM
Great game tonight. We're on a roll and the Dubs are falling behind. :) :)

Red4Eva
03/09/2005, 9:24 PM
exactly what i wanted, a piece of pi$$ 2-0. miracle that mct didn't score. if we had to win 6-0 we wud have. flannery continues to prove how class he is. what a hero

sligoman
03/09/2005, 9:28 PM
flannery continues to prove how class he is. what a heroYou sound like a guy that was banned from here a while back :rolleyes:. You also type like him. red til dead is that you? :confused:

Red4Eva
03/09/2005, 9:31 PM
You sound like a guy that was banned from here a while back :rolleyes:. You also type like him. red til dead is that you? :confused:

who's red til dead? ;)

sligoman
03/09/2005, 9:33 PM
who's red til dead? ;)I fcuking knew it :D

The Stars
03/09/2005, 10:17 PM
As i said in the predictions it will be an easy win and it was just that.
2 good goals from Flannery but most importantly himself and McTiernan are linking up well now.Flannery with the flick on and McT in for a shot.McT should have scored but as long as we won it doesn't matter.
Although it was an easy win I still thought our midfield pairing of Foley and Feeney didn't really work.No one commanded the midfield and there were big gaps for The Mons players to run through us.That showed how much work Conor O'Grady does and how important he is to us.

redman
04/09/2005, 10:10 AM
As i said in the predictions it will be an easy win and it was just that.
2 good goals from Flannery but most importantly himself and McTiernan are linking up well now.Flannery with the flick on and McT in for a shot.McT should have scored but as long as we won it doesn't matter.
Although it was an easy win I still thought our midfield pairing of Foley and Feeney didn't really work.No one commanded the midfield and there were big gaps for The Mons players to run through us.That showed how much work Conor O'Grady does and how important he is to us.

I would agree...great result 6 points clear....if that shot that hit the bar had gone in it might have been a sticky last 15 or 20 minutes....Foley did have a good last quarter although I'm always waiting for him to get sent off after one of those rash tackles!!!!

rockstar
04/09/2005, 10:47 AM
Well spotted Sligoman,i think youve rumbled Red Eva ;)

ali2005
04/09/2005, 1:15 PM
Good easy win with flannery playing a brilliant match( his best in months) 6 points clear :cool: now hooray

Rovers1
04/09/2005, 2:40 PM
great result ! 6 points clear! :cool: :) :D only negatives were the second half performance and the result in Ballybofey, 5 hours to Turners! :mad:

Mayo Red
04/09/2005, 3:29 PM
Great set of results last night (except for Harps), good performance in the first half, took our foot off the gas in the second half, but it still looked like we would have been able to raise our game further if it was needed. Comfortable in the end except for one or two moments, and Monaghan looked like a better footballing side than the last time they visited! Ref wasn't too bad overall except for silly bookings and being a bit too fussy!

roversforever
04/09/2005, 5:39 PM
i just want to say to the people that were criticising seanie for so long....what have you got to say now?particularly you sligoman.he's been outstanding lately and is having a great season.it p!sses me off when players like him do so much for the team and people don't give him recognition.they say "oh he's a donkey" etc etc.the credit will then go to somebody who might have done nothing all game but got a goal.he trains harder than anybody as well and i was delighted with the reception he got when he came off cos maybe,just maybe,our fans are starting to realise what a valuable player he is for us.

thought the ref did quite well last night.something i've noticed is that we haven't had duddy in a while.could somebody hae seen our comments here and decided to keep him away from the showgrounds???

Petmuller
04/09/2005, 9:56 PM
I agree with roversforever as I too like most I'm sure am delighted for Sean Flannery. Anyone that knows Sean will testify to his great love for the Rovers. He works very hard both in training and in games. It was great to see and hear the reception he received when he left the field of play. He's a true professional in ever sence of the word.
Players like Sean have to be studied during games to realise their work rate. A lot of it goes unnoticed as it's mostly done off the ball. The guy has unbelieveable strength as was displayed in the power he got in the header for his first goal. Yea I guess I like roversforever am a Sean Flannery believer.

gustavo
04/09/2005, 10:42 PM
I'm also a fully paid member of the Sean Flannery fan club, perfect foil for Mct but also a very good player in his own right great to see him on such good form and long may it continue:)

sligoman
04/09/2005, 10:47 PM
i just want to say to the people that were criticising seanie for so long....what have you got to say now?particularly you sligoman.:D, ok! I'll admit that my opinion of him has improved greatly in recent games, but he still needs to do more imo. He's ok, but when people go mental and say that he's our best player that is just a joke. I have been "studying" him in the past few games, as you have suggested there Petmuller, and I do see him working harder, and he is improving but I still stick by my opinion that he's not up to scratch. He certainly wouldn't survive in the premier that's for sure. :(

roversforever
05/09/2005, 11:16 PM
:D, ok! I'll admit that my opinion of him has improved greatly in recent games, but he still needs to do more imo. He's ok, but when people go mental and say that he's our best player that is just a joke. I have been "studying" him in the past few games, as you have suggested there Petmuller, and I do see him working harder, and he is improving but I still stick by my opinion that he's not up to scratch. He certainly wouldn't survive in the premier that's for sure. :(
nobody ever said he was our best player,i just want him to get the recognition he deserves.on his day he's a good as any striker in the premier division.he's a confidence player and when the fans get behind him and he's in form any defence would find it hard to cope with him.

sligoman
06/09/2005, 1:28 AM
nobody ever said he was our best playerThat's not true, red4eva(I mean red til dead ;)) alway's said how great he was and how he is our best player. He was a bit obsessed with him, thank God he's banned now :rolleyes: :D.

Red4Eva
06/09/2005, 2:28 PM
That's not true, red4eva(I mean red til dead ;)) alway's said how great he was and how he is our best player. He was a bit obsessed with him, thank God he's banned now :rolleyes: :D.

man ur an awful knob i never said he was our best player. i just said i taut it was unbelievable that u sed u wished he'd never signed for da club