PDA

View Full Version : Scotland-Italy: sensation !!

Gerrit
03/09/2005, 6:37 PM
Just kicked of the second half... Scotland leads 1-0 :eek:

Excellent for Norway though if Scotland would keep this in hands, if we win in Slovenia tonight the direct qualification is still possible...

Poor Student
03/09/2005, 6:41 PM
It's pouring rain here in Slovenia. Will Harald Brattbak be playing? I remember him saying he preferred to play in the rain. :D

Gerrit
03/09/2005, 6:49 PM
I doubt it very much. Brattbakk is not very young anymore, and he plays for Bodo-Glimmt nowadays, which is not exactly a big club... Carew will play I think, and as second striker I'd go for Brattbakk myself. But I'm a fan of him from back in his Rosenborg days, I fear the coach will chose otherwise though.

Gerrit
03/09/2005, 6:50 PM
BTW: Scotland-Italy still 1-0 after 61 minutes of play...

Poor Student
03/09/2005, 7:01 PM
I just saw the stadium there in Celje on TV. It is really coming down. Going to make for an awful game if it goes ahead at all. Italians have the Scottish game blacked out on Rai Uno. :mad:

Gerrit
03/09/2005, 7:02 PM
17 minutes left to play, Scotland still 1-0 up.

Poor Student
03/09/2005, 7:05 PM
If anyone can throw this away it's Scotland. Were beating Austria 2-0 in their last game only to be held 2-2 with two late stunners. If not it is a dodgy campaign for the Italians. Also lost 1-0 to Slovenia.

FarBeag
03/09/2005, 7:06 PM
Italy just scored.Shame

Poor Student
03/09/2005, 7:08 PM
Italy just scored.Shame

Prophetic eh? :D

FarBeag
03/09/2005, 8:23 PM
The PROPHETIC is supposed to be about
"REPENTANCE'

Poor Student
03/09/2005, 10:02 PM
The PROPHETIC is supposed to be about
"REPENTANCE'

Sorry? :confused:

One would swear Thor himself were playing in that game with the amount of hammers thrown by Norway. A truly diabolical team if ever I saw one Gerrit. Not one ounce of creative ability, devoid of all imagination and talent except for knowing when and how to foul so as not to give away a dangerous free kick and constantly impede the opponent. Got away with a handball in the box too. Particularly in the 2nd half Slovenia were all over them. The only thing I could say for Noway was that the winner was a very cooly taken one on one chip finish.

Gerrit
04/09/2005, 2:43 PM
I know Norway doesn't have the best group of players right now, the golden generation is gone and the youngsters are now being tried out... But I stick with the team I prefer, and the win is more important now than the way of playing. Reaching the WC would be a huge success with this group.

Aberdonian Stu
05/09/2005, 10:55 AM
Good result for Scotland. Too little too late though I reckon, even if they beat Norway it'll take a bit of luck to get the playoff spot.

Smith has done a solid job with his squad and they are a much more confident side than under Vogts (although the good part of Vogts legacy is that he has left a lot of youngsters with potential as the lad he had managing the 21s did great work).

2006 isn't likely but they've got a good shot at being back on their feet for a right crack at 2008.

superfrank
07/09/2005, 8:14 PM
They beat Norway 2-1! I think they have a chance now. Must win game. I'm pretty sure Kenny Miller had never scored for Scotland at a senior level until Walter Smith came in.

It has to be acknowledged that he's doing a good job! ;)

drinkfeckarse
08/09/2005, 9:15 AM
Smith seems to have got a bit of National pride back amongst the Scots. I always thought they shouldn't be doing any worse than us as both sides are similar but Vogts was just a joke and it reflected on the team.

He never went with a settled system or team and seemed to cap new players every single game. Good to see them doing ok again.

Gerrit
10/09/2005, 10:31 AM
Norway will need to focus on the 2nd spot now, Italy's out of reach. TBH, with this selection the 2nd place would be a success for us.