PDA

View Full Version : Youth Problems?

Red4Eva
03/09/2005, 1:39 PM
sean&gerry were on ocean dis morning&were very positive about all matters with the 1st team but sean siad when he came back from his uefa course there was a lot of problems with discipline for the youth teams

The Stars
03/09/2005, 5:05 PM
sean&gerry were on ocean dis morning&were very positive about all matters with the 1st team but sean siad when he came back from his uefa course there was a lot of problems with discipline for the youth teams
Ya a few of the youth players are Trying to leave and go to other local clubs.I know this for a fact.

sligoman
03/09/2005, 5:07 PM
Ya a few of the youth players are Trying to leave and go to other local clubs.I know this for a fact.Why? Are you one of them??? :confused: :D.

Redtop
03/09/2005, 5:56 PM
They can thank dessie cawley 4 that :o :o

MervilleUnited
04/09/2005, 10:42 AM
Lads, this is an ongoing chestnut that somone needs to sort out?!!? :mad:

The facts are simple:

Sligo Rovers needs a Youth policy to qualify for grants and the UEFA License.
Sligo Rovers need to have a look at what is out there, but with no Eircom League Club in Mayo, Roscommon and Leitrim, players are available from 4 counties.
Threrefore, the majority of locals arrive, look around them, and say, no game for me, i'm off.! :mad:
Sligo Rovers current policy of taking big numbers in for assessment, and then discarding them is leading to massive resentment among the players, hence the current talk about town about youth problems :(

The FAI need to get thier finger out and organise an Eircom U18 League, to which all League Clubs would have a team. Finance would be a problem, but the current farce in unacceptable. Players should be allowed to stay with thier local clubs until they are 18, and also play for the rovers as a representative of thier club, rising all boats! This idea of rovers playing local teams, with any or all criteria (Regarding mixes of players, 2 from any club etc) is a joke.

After all, we all want to see local talent play for SRFC.

Petmuller
04/09/2005, 10:53 AM
Well said MervilleUnited, agree 100%
What doesn't help in all this is Sean Connor going on local radio and highlighting the internal problems to the world. Sean is not as good at the job as he'd like to lead us to believe if he's not able to handle all this internally.
Yes there's problems but they can be sorted, going to the media and mouthing off about them displays a weakness. Any chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

roversforever
04/09/2005, 5:46 PM
Any chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
you think sean connor is sligo rovers weakest link?i can't believe im seeing this.have you been on another planet this season and not seen what he's done for us or something? :mad:

Petmuller
04/09/2005, 9:48 PM
you think sean connor is sligo rovers weakest link?i can't believe im seeing this.have you been on another planet this season and not seen what he's done for us or something? :mad:

Why must you always attack the poster?
Please read again what I've posted, remember to read it all not just the bits you find offensive.
The club must be strong, that includes everyone!
Sure there's going to be problems, even the biggest clubs in the world have problems of some nature. Problems should be dealt with internally not in the full glare of general public.
I'm sorry you took offence roversforever but sometimes we all have to take a look at the bigger picture.

Donegalred
05/09/2005, 1:35 PM
Five c

sligoman
05/09/2005, 3:00 PM
Five c
:confused: :confused:

roversforever
05/09/2005, 11:21 PM
Why must you always attack the poster?
Please read again what I've posted, remember to read it all not just the bits you find offensive.
The club must be strong, that includes everyone!
Sure there's going to be problems, even the biggest clubs in the world have problems of some nature. Problems should be dealt with internally not in the full glare of general public.
I'm sorry you took offence roversforever but sometimes we all have to take a look at the bigger picture.
i've read it again and im still seeing the same thing...somebody having a go at sean connor.im not attacking the poster at all...its nothing personal.i just say things how i see it and if you don't like that,then thats you're problem.likewise if i thought you were right id agree with you but in this instance i don't think your'e right and i have every right to say so.

Petmuller
06/09/2005, 3:43 PM
i've read it again and im still seeing the same thing...somebody having a go at sean connor.im not attacking the poster at all...its nothing personal.i just say things how i see it and if you don't like that,then thats you're problem.likewise if i thought you were right id agree with you but in this instance i don't think your'e right and i have every right to say so.

Let's just say we'll agree to differ. I respect you're opinion.