PDA

View Full Version : Donie Forde Cup

razor
01/09/2005, 9:10 PM
New competition this year.
First 4 in Munster Senior League Premier and first 4 in first division play in a knockout.

Avondale Utd 0-0 Rockmount (aet)
Avondale win 3-0 on pens

Avondale win a tight affair on pens with Dale keeper Dave O'Keeffe saving 3 Rockmount penalties. It was his first game back since early January and he made his presence count.

Clifford
01/09/2005, 10:54 PM
Just in from it - good keeper for penos they got there. Got down well to all three. Can't catch a cross, but hey ho, he's a massive man.

Poor game by any standards, real early season stuff. Suppose 6 yellows for Avondale (none for Cotter despite his 8 fouls) and 1 to Mount says enough about it.

Neither keeper with a save to make in 110 mins prior to pens. 0-0.

Best of luck to Avondale in the next round. Wonder where Knowlsey was? Hols or something I suppose. Mount had Beechinor and Wheldon on hols.

razor
02/09/2005, 8:12 AM
Early season game indeed. Scrappy enough stuff.
Thought the Rockmount bench were a tad more vociferous than usual, I think that contributed to the cards more than dirty play. I thought Finbarr Murphy looked actually afraid at times and how John Delea didn't burst a blood vessel i'll never know. Good nights entertainment all round really. On and off the pitch. :D