PDA

View Full Version : "The Artist" has struck again apparently...

Pages : [1] 2

Réiteoir
01/09/2005, 2:30 PM
Rumour doing the rounds today that the "eircom League Artist" has struck again, giving the Shamrock Rovers statue at the front of some housing estate in Milltown a fresh coat of paint.

:eek:

manic da hoop
01/09/2005, 2:35 PM
Would this be you?

joeraki
01/09/2005, 2:45 PM
Strange.... Bohs fans and the club itself cry blue murder about a hooligan flag getting nicked. Now Bohs fans vandilse a football pitch and if true a monument and its a good laugh :rolleyes:

Réiteoir
01/09/2005, 3:03 PM
Strange.... Bohs fans and the club itself cry blue murder about a hooligan flag getting nicked. Now Bohs fans vandilse a football pitch and if true a monument and its a good laugh :rolleyes:

Err - If you read my post I'm not ACTUALLY having a laugh about it. The pitch thing was mildly humourous - but any defacement of a monument, whatever it may depict, is just wrong in my opinion

And does everyone HAVE to drag up the old hoolies / flag reference everytime anything happens concerning Bohemian FC - it's getting pretty tiresome at this point. I myself would like to see all groups of this nature dissapear from all clubs - they're just embarrasing

Would this be you?

No, I'm currently 195 miles away from Dublin - I have no idea who it is - just passing on the info that appeared on both our forums

joeraki
01/09/2005, 3:36 PM
Err - If you read my post I'm not ACTUALLY having a laugh about it. The pitch thing was mildly humourous - but any defacement of a monument, whatever it may depict, is just wrong in my opinio

Never said you in particular, but I should of said people on the Bohs forum. I mentioned the flag as Bohs fans in general used to rightly try distance themselves away from the BSC. But after the flag incident and now having a laugh at the fact that BSC was painted all over a monument, you've got to admit Bohs and Rovers fans are both the same when it comes to their hooligans, only difference been Rovers deny it exists and Bohs apply double standards when it suits

manic da hoop
01/09/2005, 3:37 PM
Just been confirmed that the monument has in fact been desecrated with the letters BSC written on three sides apparantly.

What would Bohs fans make of it if Jackie Jameson's grave was vandilised in such a way? I only hope nobody on our side stoops that low.

Vitruvian Man
01/09/2005, 3:48 PM
I have to say I don't condone this in any way.

Muppetry.

Speranza
01/09/2005, 3:49 PM
What does the monument represent? Is it the Rovers crest?

wws
01/09/2005, 3:53 PM
What does the monument represent?

Homelessness

Schumi
01/09/2005, 3:57 PM
It's a column about a metre high with a metal sculpture of an old style football on the top. I think there's something along the lines of 'former location of Glenmalure Park, home of Shamrock Rovers' on a plaque.

manic da hoop
01/09/2005, 3:58 PM
I have to say I don't condone this in any way.

Muppetry.

Glad to hear it, but judging by the posts on Gypo Web it would appear that you are in the minority.

The monument is a granite pillar with a bronze football on top (I think) and a Rovers crest on the front. It is located on the side of the Milltown Road directly in front of Glenmalure Square, and is the only symbol commemorating our 65 years there.

OneRedArmy
01/09/2005, 4:01 PM
What does the monument represent?
Kilcoyne's treachery.

Roverstillidie
01/09/2005, 4:04 PM

ill ignore that sparkling junkie wit. because pats were never nomadic?!? :confused:

its a 10 ft tall monument to glenmalure staduim with a crest and plaque. picture at http://www.srfcultras.net/media/play/milltown01.jpg

this helps keep the lid on tomorrow night. the BSC will get eaten for this one im afraid.

its like vandalising a grave to us.

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 4:17 PM
This kind of thing is idiotic. It is inviting trouble too.

joeraki
01/09/2005, 4:18 PM
classy :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/philgreen/scumstat1.jpg

BohDiddley
01/09/2005, 4:20 PM
Absolutely disgraceful. There is no defence for this. :mad:

wws
01/09/2005, 4:20 PM
just seen a pic

fairly bad stuff alrite

stupidity

Supersaint3
01/09/2005, 4:21 PM
that is ridiculous, sickening. :mad:

EnDai
01/09/2005, 4:31 PM
classy :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/philgreen/scumstat1.jpg

Sickening to see. I sincerely hope Rovers fans can rise above this petty disgusting tripe.

Wonder what Bohs "fans" will vandalize next? I use the term fans lightly as I seriously believe anyone who drags the name of their club through the muck like that is not a real fan. Becoming a bit of a habit for someone though...

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 4:45 PM
Sickening to see. I sincerely hope Rovers fans can rise above this petty disgusting tripe.

Wonder what Bohs "fans" will vandalize next? I use the term fans lightly as I seriously believe anyone who drags the name of their club through the muck like that is not a real fan. Becoming a bit of a habit for someone though...
I think that what happened in Milltown is unacceptable and I am sure that the overwhelming majority of Bohemians supporters feel the same.

There is no comparision between that and the paint job on the Tolka pitch. In my opinion, the Tolka paint job was a funny and harmless prank. Anyway, if Shels really were "offended" by it they could have easily removed/covered up the text before the game without much difficulty.

What happened in Milltown was pure vandalism.

dcfcsteve
01/09/2005, 5:00 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

This is probably the action of no more than 2 or 3 kids - yet they're opening a huge can of worms for all supporters of Bohs and Rovers.

What if this descends into a tit-for-tat ?? Has Northern Ireland taught no-one on this island anything ?

I hope the Rovers fans take the moral highground and refuse to react to this. If there's a cost involved in having the obelisk professionally cleaned, I for one would be genuinely happy to contribute E20 towards the costs. Someone in the 400 club - feel free to PM me on this.

Drumcondra Red
01/09/2005, 5:03 PM
I think that what happened in Milltown is unacceptable and I am sure that the overwhelming majority of Bohemians supporters feel the same.

There is no comparision between that and the paint job on the Tolka pitch. In my opinion, the Tolka paint job was a funny and harmless prank. Anyway, if Shels really were "offended" by it they could have easily removed/covered up the text before the game without much difficulty.

Thats absolute crap!!! It was nothing but vandalism on both counts, just because it happened to Shelbourne makes it funny??? Pure scum, the club should be heavily punished on both incidents, remember it wasn't just a harmless prank in Tolka, they also broke in, broke windows and defaced the playing surface!

Colm
01/09/2005, 5:05 PM

I agree with that.

What they did in Tolka was hilarious imo but this is just too close to the bone for many Rovers fans. It's not on really.

joeraki
01/09/2005, 5:07 PM
Seems to be a tit for tat thing over the Bohs hooligan flag. But the baffling thing is when Rovers hooligans robbed their counterparts flag it was one group acting against another and really no one involved in either group should really give a ****e as there was no real fall back for either Club or fans. But instead of go after Rovers hooligans and do something to them they go and vandalise a monument in an area that's probably known to half of Dublin. :rolleyes:

It'll probably make the papers tomorrow, some will predict ww3 for the game tomorrow, Bohs name will be dirt, and in the paper for the 2nd week running for the wrong reasons, the attendance will almost certainly drop tomorrow. More Garda will be on duty.

While some Bohs fans and their hooligans will have a laugh at this, are they that brain dead in thinking there will be no fall back publicity wise and financially.

Troy.McClure
01/09/2005, 6:01 PM
So whats the Hearlds front cover going to be then? "Hooligans preapir for war" or something like that? :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
01/09/2005, 6:44 PM
I agree with that.

What they did in Tolka was hilarious imo but this is just too close to the bone for many Rovers fans. It's not on really.

Would it be hilarious if it happened at the X??? Didn't think so, there was actual criminal damage and activities with what happened at Tolka Park, it was a small minded petty attempt to get a rise out of the Shels fans, this sort of behaviour shouldn't be accepted by anyone, simply because it happened to Shelbourne.

pete
01/09/2005, 6:46 PM
That is just pure vandalism. I wouldn't like it if it was outside my home. this has almost nothing to do with fooball & i'd have all vandalism punishable by caning.

Singapore Style (http://pekingduck.org/archives/000383.php) :eek:

Réiteoir
01/09/2005, 6:52 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

This is probably the action of no more than 2 or 3 kids - yet they're opening a huge can of worms for all supporters of Bohs and Rovers.

What if this descends into a tit-for-tat ?? Has Northern Ireland taught no-one on this island anything ?

I hope the Rovers fans take the moral highground and refuse to react to this. If there's a cost involved in having the obelisk professionally cleaned, I for one would be genuinely happy to contribute E20 towards the costs. Someone in the 400 club - feel free to PM me on this.

Just like to echo what Steve has said there - this is nothing more than absolute idiocy and muppetry.

As again, if anyone in the 400 Club could PM me, I would be more than happy to contribute €20 towards the cost of getting the damage fixed.

Slash/ED
01/09/2005, 6:53 PM
What if this descends into a tit-for-tat ??

That is exactly what will happen. And it'll only get worse.

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 7:38 PM
broke windows
Broke windows? Unsubsantiated rumours I believe.

Where are these windows that they broke? Inside the stadium? Whereabouts?

Very unlikely.

I might believe the windows story if it appeared anywhere apart from sensationalised internet posts.

Slash/ED
01/09/2005, 7:44 PM
Very unlikely :D

Yeah it's hard to believe those saintly BSC crowd when having already broken into Tolka would do something like breaking windows. Those lads wouldn't stoop to that level.

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 7:51 PM
Very unlikely :D

Yeah it's hard to believe those saintly BSC crowd when having already broken into Tolka would do something like breaking windows. Those lads wouldn't stoop to that level.
Where are these windows inside the ground? Where is there any confirmation that it happened? That is all I ask.

Slash/ED
01/09/2005, 8:02 PM
Where are these windows inside the ground? Where is there any confirmation that it happened? That is all I ask.

Someone who is in Tolka Park every day and in fact looks after the pitch amoungst other things posted it on shelsweb, he is no liar. That's enough for me to believe it happened, given I know the man in question.

Frankly having heard they were in the gorund I would have genuinley been suprised if they didn't try anything like that.

As for where the windows are, I forget now. Somewhere in the Dumcondra End stand I think, I'll look for the post later.

fbtn
01/09/2005, 9:16 PM
This is absolute bullsh!t and for a group that try to portray themselves as hardmen, this is as cowardly as you can get. It is quite predictable though that they would have to start picking on something that doesn't hit back - like a statue. :rolleyes:

I know a few of the Ultras lads are for Electric Picnic so I'll fire you €20 towards cleaning costs or whatever when I see you down there. I'm sure you'll not be hard to spot :D You can send me a PM as well, I'll send it via PayPal if you have an account.

Don't lower yourself to these d!ckheads tomorrow night lads, beat the sh!t out of them - on the pitch.

TheOwl
01/09/2005, 9:30 PM
There is no comparision between that and the paint job on the Tolka pitch. In my opinion, the Tolka paint job was a funny and harmless prank.

Did you ever think that by condoning and indeed praising the actions of those idiots who vandalised the pitch at Tolka, you were offering encouragement for them or someone else to do something similar?

I’m not saying that this scumbag act was done by the same people who broke into Tolka, but no doubt who ever did this saw what a legendary "prank" the Tolka one became and tried to do something similar.

Éanna
01/09/2005, 9:36 PM
its disgusting. desecration. and the cowards who did it will be nowhere to be seen if there's hassle tomoro night. really hope rovers rise above this. Bohs, as a club, have to take a long look at themselves, considering they have allowed the flag of these scum to fly in dalymount for so long.

fbtn
01/09/2005, 9:39 PM
Bohs, as a club, have to take a long look at themselves, considering they have allowed the flag of these scum to fly in dalymount for so long.

100% correct.

Drumcondra Red
01/09/2005, 10:36 PM
Broke windows? Unsubsantiated rumours I believe.

Where are these windows that they broke? Inside the stadium? Whereabouts?

Very unlikely.

I might believe the windows story if it appeared anywhere apart from sensationalised internet posts.

Really??? We just made it up I suppose, one in the Drumcondra End and one up near where the bars are (that I'm aware of) that good enough for you???

dfx-
01/09/2005, 11:42 PM
but no doubt who ever did this saw what a legendary "prank" the Tolka one became and tried to do something similar.

If anyone ever considered this to be anything remotely like a "legendary prank", then there are no words to describe them.

But then again maybe the perpetraitors are not human and don't think like the rest of us. :mad:

carrickharp
02/09/2005, 6:59 AM
Yet another excuse for the press to put down the league, very disturbing act of vandalism :mad:

RonnieB
02/09/2005, 8:10 AM
BSC? More like BSE.

Well its early and the best I could come up with.

Stupid thing to have done tbh.

EnDai
02/09/2005, 10:36 AM
Its a horrible thing to do. But I cannot believe some people are saying that this is bad, but breaking into Tolka and defacing the playing surface wasn't? As bad as the culprits in my eyes, it only encourages them.

PM me about cleaning costs too, would be happy to help. Hope Rovers fans can rise above it all and not retaliate.

NY Hoop
02/09/2005, 12:24 PM
Lowlife filth.

Think we all acknowlege that the majority of boez fans are alright but their club must ban these BSC forever.

And endai you wanna change your signature you #### :mad:

Remember oily is not a scumbag :rolleyes:

KOH

joeraki
02/09/2005, 1:58 PM
Riot fear after soccer "insult" writes Mick McCaffrey in the Herald.

"ARMED gardai will be on patrol around Dalymount Park tonight amid fears of violent clashes ....."

"Dozens of gardai from the riot squad are on standby and they well be supplemented by armed detectives after Bohs fans are alleged to have damaged a Rovers monument"
----------------------------------------------------------

That bloke is an arsehole but if you where a normal Joe Soap after reading that is that where you'd want be be spending your Friday night ?

EnDai
02/09/2005, 2:13 PM
Lowlife filth.

Think we all acknowlege that the majority of boez fans are alright but their club must ban these BSC forever.

And endai you wanna change your signature you #### :mad:

Remember oily is not a scumbag :rolleyes:

KOH

Sorry lad ;) Mines just a fun poke back at i think hoop1's one about Shels. I think its hoop1 anyways, too lazy to go looking for who has it! Apologies to hoop1 if its not yours!

Love the aggressiveness though, what exactly could you do about it? :rolleyes: :)

// edit :: the culprit has confessed! hehe.

manic da hoop
02/09/2005, 2:26 PM
Mine :)

wws
02/09/2005, 2:38 PM
Riot fear after soccer "insult" writes Mick McCaffrey in the Herald.

"ARMED gardai will be on patrol around Dalymount Park tonight amid fears of violent clashes ....."

"Dozens of gardai from the riot squad are on standby and they well be supplemented by armed detectives after Bohs fans are alleged to have damaged a Rovers monument"
----------------------------------------------------------

That bloke is an arsehole but if you where a normal Joe Soap after reading that is that where you'd want be be spending your Friday night ?

ffs. without getting all high and mighty these "pranks" do no-one any favours, I can only hope teh rovers lads dont bother getting in to a one up situation of trying another stunt like the idiots who vandalised the miltown yoke. BTW ignore the herald - its not to be taken seriously....

Roverstillidie
02/09/2005, 3:26 PM
ffs. without getting all high and mighty these "pranks" do no-one any favours, I can only hope teh rovers lads dont bother getting in to a one up situation of trying another stunt like the idiots who vandalised the miltown yoke. BTW ignore the herald - its not to be taken seriously....

im hearing 180 cops and 80 stewards in or near the ground. the bohemian soccer casualties have probably made thier club a loss over this game.

there were red bibbed armed snouts at the last game too. red rag to a bull isnt the word.

manic da hoop
02/09/2005, 4:02 PM
im hearing 180 cops and 80 stewards in or near the ground. the bohemian soccer casualties have probably made thier club a loss over this game.

In fairness, I heard this rumour before the news broke about what happened in Milltown yesterday. That said, I'm sure such figures are grossly exaggerated anyway. Even half that number would be excesssive by any standards. Then again, this is the Gardai we're talking about so you never know :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
02/09/2005, 4:15 PM
the bohemian soccer casualties

:D :D :D