PDA

View Full Version : Galway (Friendly)

culloty82
15/01/2024, 2:05 PM
After the competitive action of last Friday, this'll be Kerry's first experience of a traditional LoI pre-season friendly, with experimental line-ups, both sides running the bench to give their full squad playing time, and multiple trialists seeking to earn their corn. In consequence, the games tend to be more meaningful for managerial staff than spectators, though in Kerry's case, it'll be interesting to learn whether the mystery players are KDL clubmen auditioning for a step up in standard, or PFAI free agents who are thus unable to pursue the conventional transfer route followed by Kavanagh and Spain this winter. The game is free for season ticket holders, and €10 for the general public.

legendz
19/01/2024, 1:02 PM
An expected result I suppose. Hopefully a worthwhile run out. Who impressed for Kerry?

dansultheman
19/01/2024, 1:21 PM
An expected result I suppose. Hopefully a worthwhile run out. Who impressed for Kerry?

I thought that Steven Healy was once again, very good! Showed a lot of composure and very mature for his age, he will play a very important role and is certainly an upgrade from Matt Keane & Martin Coughlin. His fellow native Daire showed well as well as Okuwute who looks ready to go this year. From the bench, Kennedy Emechi looks a serious threat and Kerry Academy player Oisin Green looked good.

I was more happy with the defensive unit dealing with long balls and set pieces. Nothing the GK's could have done with all 3 goals.

I think we def need a left winger and another midfielder and we could see a much improved Kerry FC side this year

culloty82
19/01/2024, 2:23 PM
It seems the trialist who briefly came on was a left winger, and there'll reportedly be at least two closed door games between now and the new season, so expect a few more new signings before the Cobh game.