PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the league this season?

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
31/08/2005, 5:58 PM
After noticing a bit of hatred towards Cork in another thread, I want to see who ye want to win the league this season. Note: This is who you WANT to win the league, not who you think WILL win the league.

holidaysong
31/08/2005, 6:01 PM
Derry City.

James
31/08/2005, 6:12 PM
Cork City :)

ccfcgirl
31/08/2005, 6:28 PM
Cork City.

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 6:30 PM
Shels

A face
31/08/2005, 6:50 PM
City all the way ....

And Derry deserve second to be fair ... fair play to them !! ;)

thejollyrodger
31/08/2005, 7:22 PM
Shelbourne Fc

Drumcondra Red
31/08/2005, 7:38 PM
Shelbourne

Iorfa
31/08/2005, 7:55 PM
Waterford Utd

TonyD
31/08/2005, 8:00 PM
Anyone But Shelbyrne :p

thejollyrodger
31/08/2005, 8:32 PM
Anyone But Shelbyrne :p

well you arent going to win it this year thats for sure :D :D

Conor H
31/08/2005, 9:07 PM
Galway Utd. ;)

(Voted for cork)

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:27 PM
Is there a Shels option going to be added,I couldn't possibly vote for either of the other two

sligoman
31/08/2005, 10:28 PM
Guys who voted for Shels and Waterford, why spoil your vote when ye know ye dont have a hope winning. Just pick one! Like Conor H did, he knows Galway wont win the league, for obvious reasons :rolleyes: but he still voted so come on! :)

sligoman
31/08/2005, 10:28 PM
Is there a Shels option going to be added,I couldn't possibly vote for either of the other twoEh no, there is no waste a vote option included in this poll :rolleyes: :p

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:30 PM
Eh no, there is no waste a vote option included in this poll :rolleyes: :p

I won't vote so,I don't actually want either of them to win the league,If Shels don't win it,then i want UCD to win it so add a UCD option

harry crumb
31/08/2005, 10:36 PM
Cork have been the coming team for the past 3 years. I hope they can fulfill the potential.

sligoman
31/08/2005, 10:41 PM
Anto, you dont seriously think ye still have a chance of winning the title? Or UCD even for that matter? :confused:

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:43 PM
Note: This is who you WANT to win the league, not who you think WILL win the league.

I don't think we will win the league but i want us to win it

harpskid
31/08/2005, 10:45 PM
Anto, you dont seriously think ye still have a chance of winning the title? Or UCD even for that matter? :confused:

the poll is about who he WANTS to win the league, not who he THINKS will win it

I mean it was you who put the poll up ffs :rolleyes:

sligoman
31/08/2005, 10:48 PM
Pick one. Out of the two teams, if one of them had to win it, who would it be? Fcuk sake, moaning cnuts! :rolleyes: :D.

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:53 PM
I'm sorry Sligoman but i do not want either of the options to win the league,why don't you add an "anyone else" option and i'll vote for that otherwise i will not vote at all

Da Real Rover
31/08/2005, 11:16 PM
Derry because there fans have stuck with the club for thick and thin and are not just jumping on the bandwagon of a passing fad. Plus there fans arnt smug b@stards.

RedX
31/08/2005, 11:33 PM
Derry because there fans have stuck with the club for thick and thin and are not just jumping on the bandwagon of a passing fad. Plus there fans arnt smug b@stards.

Sligo will never be as big as Galway United..whether you get promoted or not.. ;)

OneRedArmy
01/09/2005, 8:18 AM
Well you're a Johnny come lately if ever I heard one. So you don't remember the massive crowds Derry used to get in the eighties (around 10,000 +) Best supported team in the league they were . Then again, maybe you're too young to remember you lucky git.
Interestingly the two teams at the top have had the most fickle support. Derry's massive support has been decimated (RELATIVELY) and the Chokers used to fill the cross for the first few games (around 6/7,000), until it became evident they weren't going to win anything whereupon the crowds fell to around 2,000. FICKLE or what??
Haven't you got some turf to be cutting?

Speranza
01/09/2005, 8:36 AM
Your pathetic attempts to slate every other club is laughable when you consider that your club has disgraced our league twice in two seasons. It obviously hasn't sunk in that City's huge support was down to the novelty that the city didn't have a senior football team for many years. Don't believe me? Check out our attendance figures for when we won the league in 97 not close to when we weren't even winning in the late 80's!

I understand your jealousy with every other club given the puke inducing football played in your two-bit town! Give me Sligo, Limerick, Dundalk in the premier than small little Longford and their 500 regular supporters.

Maz
01/09/2005, 8:56 AM
Derry City

Cosmo
01/09/2005, 8:57 AM
Well if it only an option between those two I dont think many people are going to expecdt me to say Derry ;) - so from a process of elimination I vote Cork

BrayZil
01/09/2005, 9:01 AM
Would love to see Derry win the league!

LFC in Exile
01/09/2005, 9:04 AM
Is there a Shels option going to be added,I couldn't possibly vote for either of the other two

Maybe Shels could arrange for Ollie to have this years league declared null and void. ;)

LFC in Exile
01/09/2005, 9:06 AM
I vote Cork for purely selfish reasons - I would get to see CL football next year. But I don't think they will win it. Rico = Choker. Kenny = Winner. And having been up in Derry for a relegation play-off not too long ago and meeting a lot of sound fans and club officials I wouldn't mind them winning really either. Maybe we could just call it a draw. :)

A face
01/09/2005, 9:18 AM
Maybe Shels could arrange for Ollie to have this years league declared null and void. ;)

Will ya stop ... you'll be giving him ideas !! :eek: :p

Krstic
01/09/2005, 9:27 AM
I have to say Derry, but if Cork win it then I have no problem with them looking after the trophy for us until we run away with it next year :D

Iorfa
01/09/2005, 10:24 AM
Guys who voted for Shels and Waterford, why spoil your vote when ye know ye dont have a hope winning. Just pick one! Like Conor H did, he knows Galway wont win the league, for obvious reasons :rolleyes: but he still voted so come on! :)

Cork City then. Would like to see the title come back to Munster.

Rory H
01/09/2005, 10:30 AM

:D

voted for derry :)

dortie
01/09/2005, 11:54 AM
Having been supporting Derry since 1985 i have to say ive waited 16 years too long for another treble :D ...

Being serious, we all would have been happy with a top 4 place this season and a good cup run. To date its all been a bonus. If we dont win it, then id have no problem with Cork City....keep it out of Dubland !

Sonic
01/09/2005, 1:24 PM
just for the sake of those bitter longford town fans who cant apprechiate who out of am and sk who really is the best manager in this league of ours ill go for derry. The man is a legend. Plus you corkies really fancy yourselves.

kevin_devine
01/09/2005, 2:09 PM
Cop On you are a tube and we can'tyou appreciate what SK done for Longford he may not have won anything but he did set the foundations for what you little club did achieve. I have never once seen Derry City play Hoof the ball while he has been in charge.

I have voted for DCFC but wouldn't mind finishing second as that would be a great finsih for a club that has suffered threats of regelation the last couple of years.

Speranza
01/09/2005, 3:42 PM
You are the only monkey on here mate. Under Mahon, Keely :mad: and Dykes we played the most horrible football which you of course could relate to being a Bogford supporter but Kenny :eek:, the mans idea of football is the antithesis of hoofball. Your attempts to wind people up are never based on any credible evidence and the sooner you are banned the better.

Colm
01/09/2005, 4:01 PM
Kenny was a proud exponent of the dreaded hoofball. FACT.

As opposed to the current hoofball merchant ye have in charge?? :confused:

Matthews wouldn't know good football if it bit him in the arse, Kenny has Derry playing great stuff.

It's pathetic the way you're so jealous of Cork City and Derry. Just because you're own club is such a joke doesn't give you the right to begrudge success to the big clubs.

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 4:08 PM
Stephen Kenny made Longford Town FC. Took them from complete obscurity to competing in the Premier Division, FAI Cup Final and UEFA Cup in a short period of time.
Left for Bohs, turned around a club which was in disarray, and won a championship in his first full season. Unfortunately things didn't work out after that at Bohemians.
Turned around Derry City's fortunes spectacularly, to the extent that they are challenging for a league title already.

Anyone who thinks that Kenny is a "hoofing" manager is talking bull, and is either crazy or has an axe to grind with the man. The guy was committed to playing football, so much so that if anything it was a weakness because at Bohs his teams lacked the other characteristics required by a top side.

As for Richardson, I like him anyway. I think the whole "bottler" tag is a bit unfair, and an inaccurate summary of his previous jobs when you look at the circumstances, particularly of his previous stint at Cork.

I don't really mind who wins, as long as Bohs are non-runners it will be nice to see a club from outside Dublin win (long overdue). I suppose I'd like to see Derry win if I had to choose, because I like Kenny, while I thought we made the right decision at the time I am becoming inreasingly of the opinion that we should have allowed him one more chance to see out the season considering his previous work for us, and I have no doubt that we handled the situation very poorly. As Kenny said, Bohs humiliated him, and I think that is true.

ger121
01/09/2005, 4:30 PM
Cork for me. Play good football, hopefully will be seeded in CL and therefore have the best chance of increasing the co-efficent.

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 4:40 PM
He didn't win anything with Longford?????????? FFS he is not Gandalf the White, he has no magic powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sligoman
01/09/2005, 4:42 PM
FFS lads, stop filling this thread with sh!t! There is only one question been asked and it's a simple one-Cork or Derry? If ya want to debate about managers or anything else set up a new thread about it! :mad:

Thanks. :)

ThatGuy
01/09/2005, 4:49 PM
FFS lads, stop filling this thread with sh!t! There is only one question been asked and it's a simple one-Cork or Derry? If ya want to debate about managers or anything else set up a new thread about it! :mad:

Thanks. :)
Sligoman the discussion about Kenny/Richardson is clearly relevant to the topic in hand as it is a motivating factor in which way people have voted. The simple topic at hand, "cork or derry" is resolved in the poll alone.

Your constant jibes about people's postings are becoming very tiresome at this stage.

sligoman
01/09/2005, 4:50 PM
Your constant jibes about people's postings are becoming very tiresome at this stage.WTF? :confused:

Da Real Rover
01/09/2005, 5:07 PM
Sligo will never be as big as Galway United..whether you get promoted or not.. ;)
You have absolutely no idea, sad very sad.

Rovers1
01/09/2005, 5:30 PM
Harps! ;) :p :rolleyes: :eek: :D

1 9 2 8
01/09/2005, 5:30 PM
Daddy or chips, Daddy or chips :)

Sonic
01/09/2005, 7:51 PM
We won absolutely NOTHING with Kenny. FACT.
Kenny was a proud exponent of the dreaded hoofball. FACT. Poor Mumbles got the most shocking abuse every single game as he tried to win ball in the air. Remember he got stretchered off in Santry ?? (Probably not!)
True Kenny won a league title with Boahs - then again, with their resources & team at the time, a monkey would have done it (apologies to monkies.)

You know nothing about football FACT. Yeah Kenny was the man who brought hoofing to town you loser. :rolleyes: Is that the football that has derry riding high in the league and that won a league title with bohs. I suppose monkies would have Derry challenging for the league this year. I suppose monkies would have got longford town from almost extinction to european football and mid table and with what MONEY exactly. NOTHING thats what. Go back to whatever hole you climbed out of. I for one apprechiate what the man did for us. After all any old monkey can win an fai cup beating who exactly. Oh ye 1 Tolka rvs limerick waterford galway and a pats team that lost el keybr and mbabazi livingstone the week b4 the cup final. 2 Leeds shams drogs waterford and the other team is so crap ive forgotten who they are. Dont even mention l cups longford are the only team givin a fiddlers about that until the setanta cup place this yr. Matthews and kenny hands at europew lets look at them shall we. Kenny 1-1 against a top bulgarian side and going down to 2 late goals after playing there hearts out. Matthews lets not even embarrass the man. If we were all to apply your logic any MONKEY would baet Carmarthen Town after a 2-0 home lead and 1-1 at ht away. You and the rest of the ltfc begrudgers are jealous. You dont like to admit it but you are. You make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!