PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in NIron camp

drummerboy
31/08/2005, 2:13 PM
Don't think this has been posted already.

Sanchez sends disruptive duo home
Wednesday, 31 August 2005 2:05
Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez

Northern Ireland pair Jeff Whitley and Philip Mulryne have been sent home from the squad's training camp for a breach of discipline, it is understood.

Manager Lawrie Sanchez has taken a tough line with both Cardiff players and they will now miss the World Cup qualifiers against Azerbaijan and England.

Sanchez is believed to be furious that Whitley and Mulryne returned to their hotel in Country Antrim in the early hours of this morning.

The Irish Football Association refused to comment but Sanchez will be under scrutiny later this afternoon when he hosts a press conference.

Both players moved to Cardiff in the close season, Whitley from Sunderland and Mulryne from Norwich.

Whitley has been a regular starter in the team while Sanchez has been in charge and played in the 1-1 draw against Malta two weeks ago.

Mulryne has tended to remain on the fringes and came off the bench in that friendly.

Hibs winger Ivan Sproule, who scored a hat-trick against Rangers at the weekend, is expected to link up with the squad this afternoon.

Sproule arrived at Easter Road in January in a £5,000 move from Irish League club Institute.

Burnley's Michael Duff and on-loan Motherwell striker Andy Smith are also reported to have been called up.

gustavo
31/08/2005, 2:18 PM
best of luck to lawrie :)

tetsujin1979
31/08/2005, 3:17 PM
Sounds like par for the course for Whitley.

CollegeTillIDie
31/08/2005, 8:41 PM
You'd swear they were from Cork the way they are carrying on... :D

beautifulrock
31/08/2005, 9:14 PM
Whitley seems to be making a career out of it, Sunderland and now at International stage. Of course there is always at least one fool to tag along with him, just a pity it was Thornton at Sunderland

thejollyrodger
31/08/2005, 9:24 PM
what did they do exactly ? fighting or drunk ? maybe both :D

Cant see them winning the next two matches now

Gerrit
01/09/2005, 5:02 AM
I don't think a win against England was expected anyway, not by any realistic fan. Though it would make up for all losses of the last 10 years to the people here (though, living close to Windsor, I don't look forward to drunken angry English hools passing my door :eek: )

I am attending the game vs Azerbaijan, I hope to be at the stand as well vs England but I don't really count on it :(

thejollyrodger
01/09/2005, 9:08 AM
here, whats the story ?? what did they do ? Did they just go out for a few beers at night ? that all seems a bit stupid to me