PDA

View Full Version : robbie keane meets moyes

anto1208
31/08/2005, 10:07 AM
yesterday moyes travelled to london to meet with robbie to disscuss the transfer to everton .

any one hear any more on this story ?

drummerboy
31/08/2005, 10:19 AM
Can't see Spurs letting Keane go, with no replacement lined up, they are still trying to replace Kanoute

Roo69
31/08/2005, 10:22 AM
Can't see Spurs letting Keane go, with no replacement lined up, they are still trying to replace Kanoute

Tottenham's Robbie Keane could switch to Everton, while the Londoners are considering bringing in Cristiano Lucarelli from Italian side Livorno. from BBC

anto1208
31/08/2005, 10:34 AM
it was only a rumour on monday , but it has been confirmed that they met yesterday , i think spurs need some one else in but if robbie does move it will mean he will be first choice week in week out playing along side beattie ,

this is the rumour spurs are trying to sign Govou and that would push keane to 4th choice striker , if this deal goes through then keane will join everton, as jol preferes to play either defoe or keane not both at the same time .

ciaran76
31/08/2005, 11:01 AM
His wages will be a stumbling block i reckon :(

superfrank
31/08/2005, 11:11 AM
I hope he does go to Everton cos I want to see him playing more often, and losing some weight.

gustavo
31/08/2005, 11:17 AM
this should be in the national team forum can someone move it?

anto1208
31/08/2005, 11:37 AM
this should be in the national team forum can someone move it?

i wasnt sure which to put it in because its more to do with premiership teams than ireland , and i didnt want to upset the nazi 's that run this place :D

anto1208
31/08/2005, 11:38 AM
His wages will be a stumbling block i reckon :(

normally id think they would but on deadline day and everton in real need of a striker i think moyes will break the unofficial wage limit

tetsujin1979
31/08/2005, 12:13 PM
Where will he be in the pecking order? I presume ahead of Ferguson, but Bent has done well on his own up front and Beattie could yet come good. Also, with Moyes fond of 4-5-1, there's only one spot going up front and I can't see Robbie filling that, whatever else, I think we can all agree he plays best with a strike partner

Baker
31/08/2005, 12:37 PM
Where will he be in the pecking order? I presume ahead of Ferguson, but Bent has done well on his own up front and Beattie could yet come good. Also, with Moyes fond of 4-5-1, there's only one spot going up front and I can't see Robbie filling that, whatever else, I think we can all agree he plays best with a strike partner

Didnt Bent pick up a nasty injury last week?

Dotsy
31/08/2005, 12:39 PM
normally id think they would but on deadline day and everton in real need of a striker i think moyes will break the unofficial wage limit

They tried to sign Owen. I can't imagine Robbie's wages would be a problem if they were prepared to pay Owen.

declan hide
31/08/2005, 12:45 PM
they were set to pay owens wages with the money they will make from this seasons champions league....ooops :D

Dotsy
31/08/2005, 12:56 PM
they were set to pay owens wages with the money they will make from this seasons champions league....ooops :D

Ah fair enough :D

NeilMcD
31/08/2005, 1:00 PM
no Cause Moyes rang Owen Yesterday accoring To Michael Owen so they obviously have the wages for Robbie if they have it for owen.

ken foree
31/08/2005, 2:22 PM
i wonder if moyes sees him as a cahill type player getting forward to support bent or beattie. keane did play in spurs forward-midfield position a few times last season. i guess i can't see moyes revamping the formation/style of everton's play that has proved recently successful for them because of the arrival of one quality prem. striker..

anto1208
31/08/2005, 4:18 PM

1 up front was introduced when we had 1 fit striker bent , and 2 old defenders in weir and stubbs so carsley used to play behind the midfield to protect the defenders , but we have young fast defenders now in yobo ,per, ferrari.

it seemed to work so moyes was reluctant to change it but the plan was allways to go back to 442 could see them lining up like this
in () is the cover players
martyn
(turner)

hibbert, yobo ,kroldrup ,valente
(pistone) (ferrari) (weir) (Naysmith)

Davies ,Cahill ,artetta ,Van der meyde
(osman)(neville) (carsley)(mcfadden)

beattie, Keane
(bent) (big dunc)(nugent)(vaughan)

keane and nugent are apparently at goodison sorting out deals just rumours though

im also not sure beattie should get his place ahead of bent on current form but if both are on top of there game beattie is better .

tetsujin1979
31/08/2005, 4:22 PM
martyn
(turner)

hibbert, yobo ,kroldrup ,valente
(pistone) (ferrari) (weir) (Naysmith)

Davies ,Cahill ,artetta ,Van der meyde
(osman)(neville) (carsley)(mcfadden)

beattie, Keane
(bent) (big dunc)(nugent)(vaughan)

Erm, where's Kilbane???

anto1208
31/08/2005, 4:27 PM
Erm, where's Kilbane???

he went on a run yesterday in training the head went down and he took off he hasnt been seen since !!

i wouldnt have him in the team but he can do a job if we get a few injuries in midfield , squad player now hopefully

thejollyrodger
31/08/2005, 5:31 PM
bad buzz for kevin. Will he move to another club ?

ciaran76
01/09/2005, 8:30 AM
If you seriously think Mc Fadden is better then Kilbane you must be put in a mental home :p

anto1208
01/09/2005, 8:54 AM
of course he is ,

faddy has bags of talent just most people never get to see it because he is trown in to a game with 15 mins left and we are chasing it and he is played on the wing , so when he beats 2 players and then looses it everyone freaks out ,.
same way fans used to freak out when duff or joe cole constantly ran into dead ends and lost the ball .

i think people that think a 1 million pound player from scotland should be skinning people down the line the way robben or ronaldo do should take a rethink
faddy =1 mill
robben =20 mill
also faddy is a striker being played out of position and often he is a left footed striker playing on the right wing !! .

ciaran76
01/09/2005, 12:00 PM
Mc Fadden is a striker alright but i bet you are the one of very few who actually thnk he is any good :p

NeilMcD
01/09/2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah I have seen Mc Fadden playign for Scotland, and he is has bags of potential and plenty of Skilly. His position for me is just behind the main striker. Like Rooney or Robbie Keane. I dont think he should be compared to Kilbane as Kilbane is a work manlike player who gets up and down and puts the tackles in. If you combined the 2 players you would have a world beater of a player.

anto1208
01/09/2005, 12:39 PM
Mc Fadden is a striker alright but i bet you are the one of very few who actually thnk he is any good :p

i know i get into quite the number of heated disscusions about him , but ive had the same arguement over duff ,joe cole and andy reid .

ciaran76
01/09/2005, 2:08 PM
i know i get into quite the number of heated disscusions about him , but ive had the same arguement over duff ,joe cole and andy reid .

Yeah but they use their right foot at least sometimes anyway to pass the ball. McFadden forgets he even needs it to run with sometimes !!!! :p

Aldini98
01/09/2005, 3:40 PM
I met me mate in the pub last night, it happens.