PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures backlog+small squad=big trouble

joeSoap
30/08/2005, 12:58 PM
I hope ye don't suffer as a result of ye're European brilliance and inability to beat a poor Harps side last night, but ye do have a small squad, and tiredness is bound to kick in soon(especially with Ricos beliefs in 'football football football' in training rather fitness work).

But its gotta be at the back of ye're minds............... :eek:

paudie
30/08/2005, 1:06 PM
I hope ye don't suffer as a result of ye're European brilliance and inability to beat a poor Harps side last night, but ye do have a small squad, and tiredness is bound to kick in soon(especially with Ricos beliefs in 'football football football' in training rather fitness work).

Backlog was at the front of everyone's minds after the game.

League game away to Harps now won't be played till after the Slavia games. Derry have a chance to go level with us at the weekend.

Derry's squad isn't that big either, though.

Worst thing about last night was the reinforcment of the fact that we have struggled against teams lower down the league at home.

Have drawn with UCD, Bray, Longford & Waterford at home, lost to Drogs. Also the goals have dried up over the last few weeks.

Title race is wide open. Probably go to the wire I'd say.

Éanna
01/09/2005, 8:43 PM
wouldn't agree that our squad is small, its well capable of dealing with these fixtures- its just that Rico isn't very fond of rotating/resting players. IMO, we should have made four or five changes for the game on Monday, but Rico thought otherwise, and considering the job he's done, he's entitled to make this decisions.

Rebal Boy
01/09/2005, 8:49 PM
I think he's making a few changes for Saturdays match. I'm sure he said it on the radio. I hope he starts Wille Bruts to give Johno a rest and start Colin O'Brian instead of George. Just to give those players a chance to show what they are make of.

razor
01/09/2005, 8:58 PM

Put the big spoon down and back away from the Cork City Forum.

If you like we could take back our players from ye just to bolster our squad a bit.

Still Oriel Park was always a hard place to go to. Ouch

Éanna
01/09/2005, 9:09 PM
I think he's making a few changes for Saturdays match. I'm sure he said it on the radio. I hope he starts Wille Bruts to give Johno a rest and start Colin O'Brian instead of George. Just to give those players a chance to show what they are make of.
I think bruts is cup-tied, because he wasn't even on the bench on monday.

pete
02/09/2005, 9:06 AM
Is JoeSoap trolling?

He doesn't seem to post much on Limerick forum but mayne not much to talk about...?

:confused:

joeSoap
02/09/2005, 12:03 PM
Put the big spoon down and back away from the Cork City Forum.

If you like we could take back our players from ye just to bolster our squad a bit.

No spoon...it was a genuine query. A fixtures backlog helps nobody, and I think ye're squad is pretty light, so I was just making that point.

As for all of those players.......lets see, Jamie Nolan and.....Jamie Nolan and.....Jamie Nolan....oh, theres only one. Sorry.

Oriel Park.... :eek: :eek: .....some pitch.

declan hide
02/09/2005, 12:10 PM
and i'd have given him back ages ago. :rolleyes: while muttering something about lazy useless bass tards.

declan hide
02/09/2005, 12:12 PM

would it be harder than going to pike rovers sports ground in the league cup last season i wonder? :D

pete
02/09/2005, 12:15 PM
Cork City have NO fixture backlog. After this week they'll have played 1 less game than Derry in the league with over 2 months left in season.

razor
02/09/2005, 1:15 PM
would it be harder than going to pike rovers sports ground in the league cup last season i wonder? :D
Oh most definitely, 4 times harder. :D

declan hide
02/09/2005, 2:09 PM
surely you mean 2 times :D ...wasnt it 2-0 to limerick that evening! so 2 x 2 = 4! :cool:

razor
02/09/2005, 2:43 PM
surely you mean 2 times :D ...wasnt it 2-0 to limerick that evening! so 2 x 2 = 4! :cool:Its so long ago I can't remember.
It was 2-0 in the FAI Cup quarter final in 1992 though.

declan hide
02/09/2005, 2:50 PM
i remember it...and when ye win the league this year i'll tell everyone! :D

razor
02/09/2005, 2:53 PM
i remember it...and when ye win the league this year i'll tell everyone! :DI hope you weren't one of the Limerick lads that tried to "take" the Shed that day, silly boys.
But Cormac Cotter, what a finish, i'll never forget that.

Dee75
02/09/2005, 2:53 PM
Derry's squad isn't that big either, though.

Derry have 22 players in the squad, so we can cope with injuries. Big night tonight if we can beat Drogs we go level on points after possibly going 9 behind. Its going to be some finish. Drogs are due a performance against us this season we have beat them 2-0 away and 3-0 at home and also dumped them out of the league cup on pens

sligoman
02/09/2005, 3:41 PM
League game away to Harps now won't be played till after the Slavia games.The Harps game is on next Tuesday

patsh
02/09/2005, 4:10 PM
The Harps game is on next Tuesday
Can't see any chance of that happening.
U-21 game against France is on Tuesday night at the Cross, with Liam and Roy in the squad.

pete
02/09/2005, 4:49 PM

How do you know that? I haven't seen that announced & city official website usually quick with those.

Éanna
02/09/2005, 11:31 PM
not a chance. the Ireland U-21 game is on that night, and we have 2 players in the squad, so it can't happen

joeSoap
05/09/2005, 9:36 AM
not a chance. the Ireland U-21 game is on that night, and we have 2 players in the squad, so it can't happen
Who's the second one....I know that Kearney is there??

Peadar
05/09/2005, 9:40 AM
Who's the second one...

Roy O'Donovan

joeSoap
05/09/2005, 9:53 AM
Nice one...I didn't know he was under 21. Great player though.

Éanna
05/09/2005, 1:28 PM
Nice one...I didn't know he was under 21. Great player though.
he's only 19. kid's got a great future ahead of him, excellent player.