PDA

View Full Version : LOI 2024 Fixtures

ger121
02/12/2023, 9:59 PM
I saw it mentioned somewhere that the fixtures are due out on the 15th December. Has anyone else seen this anywhere?

Neish
03/12/2023, 10:35 AM
I saw it mentioned somewhere that the fixtures are due out on the 15th December. Has anyone else seen this anywhere?

Not heard anything, but yeah its usually round mid December that they are released

outspoken
04/12/2023, 3:51 PM

Yeah read it in a few places

culloty82
15/12/2023, 11:02 AM
And, perhaps predictably, Kerry's opening fixture is against Cork City at Turners' Cross!

2 Year Contract
15/12/2023, 11:26 AM
Looking at those Premier Division fixtures I’d say every opening day game will be a sell out

Shinkicker
15/12/2023, 11:26 AM
And, perhaps predictably, Kerry's opening fixture is against Cork City at Turners' Cross!
All of the FD games are derby's except Longford v Wexford.

sbgawa
15/12/2023, 11:27 AM
Rovers v Dundalk to open the new North stand (unless there is a friendly pre season i suppose)
Had thought the FAI would make the first home fixture a Dublin Derby to give us a shot at selling out.

2 Year Contract
15/12/2023, 11:52 AM
Rovers v Dundalk to open the new North stand (unless there is a friendly pre season i suppose)
Had thought the FAI would make the first home fixture a Dublin Derby to give us a shot at selling out.

Forgot that new stand is open for the new season. I assume the presidents cup will be held in Tallaght a week before the first league game

nigel-harps1954
15/12/2023, 12:01 PM
All of the FD games are derby's except Longford v Wexford.

Longford play Harps. It's as close to a derby as we have, halfway across the country. Athlone play Wexford.

sbgawa
15/12/2023, 12:02 PM
Yeah fair point id forgotten about that completly.
Hopefully the club arrange a friendly to open the stadium i cant see a frindly between Rovers and PAts being anyhting close to a sell out

nigel-harps1954
15/12/2023, 12:04 PM
The first game in the new stand will have to be limited capacity anyway as a test fixture, so it probably suits if it isn't a sellout.

Shinkicker
15/12/2023, 12:16 PM
Longford play Harps. It's as close to a derby as we have, halfway across the country. Athlone play Wexford.
I stand corrected and rightly so, it's Athlone v Wexford

thebronze14
15/12/2023, 1:19 PM
Whats the story with us having two Thursday home matches does anyone know? Cork and Kerry away on consecutive weekends too:mad:

El-Pietro
15/12/2023, 1:23 PM
Whats the story with us having two Thursday home matches does anyone know? Cork and Kerry away on consecutive weekends too:mad:

Euro 2024?

Mr A
15/12/2023, 1:26 PM
Yeah it's to avoid clashes with the Euros. Not ideal but going up against big games in that would be mad as well.

El-Pietro
15/12/2023, 1:38 PM
7 games at Turners Cross in consecutive weeks to start the season. I dont think thats ideal, hopefully the weather holds up, but it might have made more sense to have Ramblers play an extra way game or two early and then play a couple extra home games late on, the plastic pitch would be better able to handle the extra games.

2 Year Contract
15/12/2023, 3:34 PM
Yeah it's to avoid clashes with the Euros. Not ideal but going up against big games in that would be mad as well.

Yeah not ideal alright but it’s probably better crowd wise to go with the Thursday night. This brings back memories of the night World & European Champions Spain were beaten 5-1 by Holland in the 2014 World Cup in what looked an incredible game. I at the time was stood in the Oriel Park away end watching pats draw 0-0, the joys of LOI!

EatYerGreens
15/12/2023, 4:27 PM

A shoe-in to be televised, surely.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/12/2023, 6:17 PM
7 of our games not on a Saturday already is not good. Always a drop off in crowds.

Why were Harps made change their kickoff to 7.45 but Shams can still play at 8.00?

nigel-harps1954
15/12/2023, 6:33 PM
7 of our games not on a Saturday already is not good. Always a drop off in crowds.

Why were Harps made change their kickoff to 7.45 but Shams can still play at 8.00?

I asked the very same question. It's a strange one how they were allowed to remain at 8pm.

SPXcyan
15/12/2023, 6:51 PM
Home to Shels for our opener is a decent one, reminds me of our opener against them back in our return to premier league footie in 2003, a 0-4 battering in-front of a live orchestral thingie, good times, hopefully a much better result this time around ^^

Fairly sure our second game was away to Drogheda which happens to be our second game again this time around.

yurt
15/12/2023, 7:19 PM
GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
Derry v Drogs
Galway v Pats
Waterford v Shels
Shamrock v Dundalk

How many of these games do we think will sell out? I think you could make an argument for all of them.

I think you could make an argument for Galway v Pats being the opening day tv game too. The stadium looks well on tv and it'll be much harder to make a case for Galway being on tv once we get into the season.

I know the people who make the calls probably don't give too much of a sod but would be a good chance to get the Galway box ticked nice and early.

legendz
15/12/2023, 10:49 PM
The only fixture I care about is Cork v Kerry. It's great!
Kerry people have spoken about feeling out of place going to Turner's Cross in years gone by. Just not the same. Token support is all it was.

Neish
17/12/2023, 9:25 AM
I asked the very same question. It's a strange one how they were allowed to remain at 8pm.

Ah come on now Nigel don't be silly. One is a Dublin based club the other is from Donegal, can't expect the same rules to apply

D24Saint
17/12/2023, 11:48 AM
GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
Derry v Drogs
Galway v Pats
Waterford v Shels
Shamrock v Dundalk

How many of these games do we think will sell out? I think you could make an argument for all of them.

I think you could make an argument for Galway v Pats being the opening day tv game too. The stadium looks well on tv and it'll be much harder to make a case for Galway being on tv once we get into the season.

I know the people who make the calls probably don't give too much of a sod but would be a good chance to get the Galway box ticked nice and early.

I’d say it will be very hard to get an away ticket for this one. It’s the new reality in the league. It was a shock to the system last season but the growth in our supporter has been huge.

total hoofball
18/12/2023, 11:07 PM
The shifting forward of fixtures for rounds 24 and 25 between the European participating clubs will mean for 7 weeks those 4 teams will have played two games more than the other 6 teams

Surely it would have made for sense for competition and interest purposes to move the fixtures with one round earlier in the season like they have done April/May and another later in the season like September. It also means in Shels instance we will have played Pats and Rovers 3 times before the end of May so games between the most likely top teams are lopsided to earlier in the season

EatYerGreens
18/12/2023, 11:17 PM
GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
Derry v Drogs
Galway v Pats
Waterford v Shels
Shamrock v Dundalk

If any get televised it'll be Rovers-Dundalk. For lots of reasons (including the fact RTE don't like leaving Dublin).