PDA

View Full Version : Eamon on his way ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Roo69
30/08/2005, 11:39 AM
Norwegian Premier League outfit Aalesund FK have made a bid for Eamon Zayed. It's apperantly a 3 figure sum being tabled and worth quite a few bob to Eamon as well.

It's on there message bored here (http://www.aafk.no/forum.asp?page=1133,1206&lang=1&board=15&forum=21&topic=171508) if anyone can translate :D

They have 7 or so games left in there season and are rock bottom on the table. In my view Eamon would be mad to sign, yeah he'd probably get more money but he is in a great shop window here, several scouts have been down to see him play this season already, he can do a LOT better than that if he wants to move and realisticly he is only 2 games away from european competition as well. I reckon this would be a very bad move for Eamon to go over there. Lovely little stadium (http://www.aafk.no/content.asp?page=1051,1052&lang=1) thou. :(

another article about it if anyojne wants to translate it - http://www.smp.no/default.asp?page=1024&item=536018,1&lang=1

Macy
30/08/2005, 11:41 AM
It's apperantly a 3 figure sum being tabled
A couple of hundred quid probably about right.... :D

Roo69
30/08/2005, 11:43 AM
A couple of hundred quid probably about right.... :D

:p That should be 6 figure sum, from what ive heard. But also heard they want him on loan till the end of there season. That would be complete and utter madnedds by us to loan our best player by far and the one that has kept us safe this season out for the final 11 or so games of the season

superfrank
30/08/2005, 11:56 AM
As long as nothing happens between now and Thursday we're ok.

And their stadium looks so real! :D :rolleyes:

lowflyingseagul
30/08/2005, 11:58 AM
it would be end up the same as wes, who hasn't played 1 minute for that crowd in russia

Roo69
30/08/2005, 12:06 PM
As long as nothing happens between now and Thursday we're ok.

And their stadium looks so real! :D :rolleyes:

Well i think talks are well under way so i reckon it's a wait and see suitation, at the end of the day this is Eamon's decision..........

superfrank
30/08/2005, 12:21 PM
Well i think talks are well under way so i reckon it's a wait and see suitation, at the end of the day this is Eamon's decision..........
I think he won't go cos after the Pats incident he did an interview in the Bray People saying he wouldn't go to Pats and that he is very happy here. Also, I don't see how going to Norway can be of any benefit in his career if they are going to be in the First Division next season, whereas we have a very realistic chance of getting into Europe next year.

MariborKev
30/08/2005, 12:24 PM
it would be end up the same as wes, who hasn't played 1 minute for that crowd in russia

I was at an FC Rostov match in Moscow a couple of weeks back and he wasn't even on the bench

BrayZil
30/08/2005, 12:40 PM
It's only speculation at the moment tho so i'm not to worried. If he does go we'll be in trouble. Hopefully we can at least hang on to him until the season to guarantee us Premier League football for next year

Roo69
30/08/2005, 12:51 PM
Ya's are all being a little bit to upbeat for my liking lads, there is a very real chance that he will leave. From what i've heard better wages on offer than any eL player is on here at the moment. Money talks........

BrayZil
30/08/2005, 2:37 PM
I'd be very surprised if he went to Aalesund FK as their bottom of the league etc. But I've heard their not the only club interested in signing him so who knows what will happen. If we can keep him till the end of the season i'll be happy.

ifk101
30/08/2005, 3:00 PM
Looking at their forum posters seem to be pretty positive towards Zayed saying that NOK 1 million (around 100,000 + euros) is a good price for a player of his background and qualities.

The newspaper article says that the club hasnt confirmed that they're looking at Zayed but the newspaper speculates that any move would be on a loan-basis until the end of the Norwegian season and then possible purchase depending on his performances during the loan period.

The club does confirm however that they are looking at an Irish player and are hoping to have everything sorted out before the transfer deadline this week. The Irish player's club have agreed to a loan deal.

Roo69
30/08/2005, 3:05 PM
Looking at their forum posters seem to be pretty positive towards Zayed saying that NOK 1 million (around 100,000 + euros) is a good price for a player of his background and qualities.

The newspaper article says that the club hasnt confirmed that they're looking at Zayed but the newspaper speculates that any move would be on a loan-basis until the end of the Norwegian season and then possible purchase depending on his performances during the loan period.

Cheers, thats exactly what i've just heard and that he is DEFO going. 2 other clubs interested as well, Lillestrom are one of them, not sure about the other. Eamon will not be playing for Bray on Friday night :(

Whos going to score the goals ?

On a positive note, that is EXCELLENT business for a loan deal.

Roo69
30/08/2005, 4:09 PM
Well according to reports in Norway. :(

Eamon has signed an 8 week loan deal with Aalesund FK, the deal is reportly worth €50,000 to Bray Wanderers. Aalesund FK have a further option to buy the player at the end of the loan deal.

By the way, absolutey AMAZING business by the club for an 8 week loan deal, and to think Murphy and Doyle were sold for €100,000 !

Best of Luck Eamon once again, you have been fantastic for the club and are a true Bray legend !

wws
30/08/2005, 4:30 PM
Well according to reports in Norway. :(

Eamon has signed an 8 week loan deal with Aalesund FK, the deal is reportly worth €50,000 to Bray Wanderers. Aalesund FK have a further option to buy the player at the end of the loan deal.

By the way, absolutey AMAZING business by the club for an 8 week loan deal, and to think Murphy and Doyle were sold for €100,000 !

Best of Luck Eamon once again, you have been fantastic for the club and are a true Bray legend !

if thats true 50k for a loan with option to buy - than dolans antics in the doyle transfer must be re-examined

BrayZil
30/08/2005, 4:30 PM
Jesus that all happened very quickly. At least it brings in some much needed cash for the club. Does that mean if they don't sign him he'll be back playing for Bray at the end of October? I am extremely worried were the goals are going to come from now. Personally I don’t rate McGrory, Tarzan still has it and is a legend but can he last a full 90 mins? Suppose it will be Foxy and Franco up front until the end of the season.

All the best Eamo, hope it works out for you!

lowflyingseagul
30/08/2005, 5:15 PM
**** one, mcgrory might be given a chance now

Roo69
30/08/2005, 5:23 PM
**** one, mcgrory might be given a chance now

Not to sure what the story with McGrory is ? he's not even playing for the 21's this season. I now he's had exams etc.... but he has little or no football under his belt what so ever this season.

Maybe time to give Wayne Byrne or Darren Lacey a run out in the 1st team ?

Talk is that we have a replacement lined up anyway, dont ask who thou cause i havent got a clue, as i said it's talk at the minute.........

KR's Post
30/08/2005, 5:45 PM
What a joke... Shouldn't have been let go, even if it is only a loan deal. We need him till the end and thats it!!! For fck sake Bray. Good money but c'mon :mad:

superfrank
30/08/2005, 6:40 PM
Sad to see him go. The new boots weren't cutting it though. It seems Devo was Pretty involved in the deal, does this mean he's going to be taking charge of the first team again?

student
30/08/2005, 10:30 PM
Talk is that we have a replacement lined up anyway, dont ask who thou cause i havent got a clue, as i said it's talk at the minute.........

how does the transfer window work in this case?? can bray sign someone from an english club??

Why doesn't the EL just end the transfer window at the end of August. Would make way more sense.

Roo69
31/08/2005, 9:48 AM
What a joke... Shouldn't have been let go, even if it is only a loan deal. We need him till the end and thats it!!! For fck sake Bray. Good money but c'mon :mad:

Yeah of course we need Eamon, but if a player wants to leave then he wants to leave, no point holding onto a player who wants to try his luck in a different league.

Not sure how signing any news players will work ? thats if we are trying to bring someone in to replace Eamon ?

BrayZil
31/08/2005, 10:02 AM
Can’t really stand in the way of a player wanting to further his career. I reckon we'll have to get someone else in. I can’t see Eamonn playing with Bray next year. Even if he doesn’t sign for Aalesund FK someone else will snap him up. It will be interesting to see how we play Friday night without Eamonn.

Réiteoir
31/08/2005, 10:08 AM
12. september kl 19.00 AaFK - Molde Color Line Stadion
18. september AaFK - Bodø Glimt Color Line Stadion
25. september Fredrikstad - AaFK Fredrikstad Stadion
02. oktboer AaFK - Lillestrøm Color Line Stadion
16. oktober Start - AaFK Kristiansand Stadion
23. oktober AaFK - FC Lyn Oslo Color Line Stadion
30. oktober Viking - AaFK Viking Stadion

A mix of games left there for him - including games against the other two sides up for relegation (Molde & Glimt), the current League Leaders (Start) and three sides challenging for UEFA Cup football (Viking, Lillestrom and Lyn)

I have a subscription to Norwegian TV's webservice, so I should be able to see most of those games live, should be able to keep tabs on his performances

lowflyingseagul
31/08/2005, 10:15 AM
norweigan bohs supporters, god help us all

Rocky Rules
31/08/2005, 11:34 AM
Is this not deadline day for Europe?
If so we'd want to move fast!
Looks like a change in the system.
I'd give Lacey a run, tho' he's a bit light. Wayne Byrne only out of schoolboy football and not ready for that jump yet. Barry McGrory seems to have vanished. Had exams abt 4 weeks ago. Think he was fed up (nearly used alternative expression) travelling and sitting on bench with occasional 3 or 10 minute cameos. Has someone worked out that we'll stay up now,even without Eamonn? Cd be squeaky bum time in October!
Best of luck to 21s on Sunday in Semi!

superfrank
31/08/2005, 12:02 PM
Clubs in the Republic of Ireland can only bring players in on loan between now and the start of our next transfer window, which is sometime in January.

Therefore we can only bring in people on loan, we won't be able to buy anyone. The only players we can sign permanently are ones without clubs.

Our transfer window finished at the end of
July. Not every country has the same fixed transfer window.

Unfortunately. :(

Peadar
31/08/2005, 3:35 PM
He's gone!
On loan though.

BreakingNews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/08/31/story218632.html)

Bray's Zayed on loan for rest of season
31/08/2005 - 15:24:42

Bray Wanderers striker Eamon Zayed has joined Norwegian Super League side Alesund FK on loan for the remainder of the season.

The former Ireland Under 21 striker has been chased by the Norwegian side, who are currently bottom of the Norwegian League, for some time now and joins the club immediatley.

EnDai
31/08/2005, 3:42 PM
Bray get €50,000 for 8 weeks of Zayed's services, by God! Thats some good money! :D

Gareth
31/08/2005, 3:52 PM
Clubs safe from the drop and not really looking like they will get anything else from the season are well clever to loan out players. Think about it. If your a fully pro club and you have nothing to go for the rest of the season, why not lend out players so you can reduce the wage bill and also maybe get money in too. Great business thinking. Zayed is class though so it would be a blow for Bray to lose him. Demand a high price.

EnDai
31/08/2005, 4:03 PM
One of the papers was reporting a permanent deal would require at least a €1,000,000 fee. With €50,000 for 8 weeks, its possible. They obviously have the moola!

jorge
31/08/2005, 4:09 PM
I'd say thats 1m in Norway money.

Great business,Bray are safe and have Georgescu to set-up and score goals.

And 50 grand. :D

Roo69
31/08/2005, 4:12 PM
He's gone!
On loan though.

BreakingNews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/08/31/story218632.html)

A little bit late there with the breaking news :rolleyes:

Yeah i fully believe Bray are safe this season, i just can't see Finn Harps and making up a 10 point difference (4 wins from 13 games) and Waterford a 7 Point difference (3 wins from 12 games), and without us picking up any more points. Not going to happen.

I would also agree that it is very good business to loan him out and make some nice wonga out of it, plus it is very admriable of the club not to stand in the way of it's prized position to further his career at a higher level.

The club have a very high valuation of Eamon so if the loan move was to be successful for him and Alesund FK or another club want to sign him they will have to stump up a large amount of cash, i reckon there would also be a few clauses in the contract.

I'm presume you meant €100,000+ EnDai :D

sligoman
31/08/2005, 4:13 PM
Very stupid move by Bray in my opinion. Who cares how much they made from it, they have let a very good player and goalscorer go on loan, and it's coming up to the final series of matches too.

Schumi
31/08/2005, 4:15 PM
Yeah i fully believe Bray are safe this season, i just can't see Finn Harps and making up a 10 point difference (4 wins from 13 games) and Waterford a 7 Point difference (3 wins from 12 games), and without us picking up any more points. Not going to happen.

I would also agree that it is very good business to loan him out and make some nice wonga out of it, plus it is very admriable of the club not to stand in the way of it's prized position to further his career at a higher level.You're in the cup quarter finals though, it seems a bit odd to weaken your chances in that (not that I'm complaining mind!).

Sheridan
31/08/2005, 4:16 PM
I'm presume you meant €100,000+ EnDai :D
Is Endai any good? :confused:

Roo69
31/08/2005, 4:30 PM
Is Endai any good? :confused:

LOL, i was talking to the guy who posted. :D But i can see what ya mean

BrayZil
31/08/2005, 4:32 PM
We need the money and Eamonn wanted to go so there was nothing anyone could do about it. I'm waiting until Friday to see how the team shapes up without him before predicting on the FAI Cup but I still think we have enough players in the team capable of scoring goals.

As someone said earlier Eamonn missed more chances than he scored which I think is true but he did score some vital goals for us this year. I'm disappointed about him leaving and he is a big loss but he's only one player. I fully believe we're safe this year and I think the club were right to accept the offer and let Eamonn further his career.

Roo69
31/08/2005, 4:37 PM
We need the money and Eamonn wanted to go so there was nothing anyone could do about it. I'm waiting until Friday to see how the team shapes up without him before predicting on the FAI Cup but I still think we have enough players in the team capable of scoring goals.

As someone said earlier Eamonn missed more chances than he scored which I think is true but he did score some vital goals for us this year. I'm disappointed about him leaving and he is a big loss but he's only one player. I fully believe we're safe this year and I think the club were right to accept the offer and let Eamonn further his career.

Fully agreed.

So, what's your new name going to be ? :D

BrayZil
31/08/2005, 4:50 PM
Fully agreed.

So, what's your new name going to be ? :D

You know I was actually just thinking about that!! All suggestions welcome! :D

Roo69
31/08/2005, 5:02 PM
You know I was actually just thinking about that!! All suggestions welcome! :D

How about Franco the legend ? :D

BrayZil
31/08/2005, 5:21 PM
How about Franco the legend ? :D

Franco the legend...maybe...i'll have to think about that 1! He's actually hilarious looking with his big bushy eyebrows and baldy head! :eek:

A face
31/08/2005, 7:23 PM
Bray's Zayed on loan for rest of season

Bray Wanderers striker Eamon Zayed has joined Norwegian Super League side Alesund FK on loan for the remainder of the season.

The former Ireland Under 21 striker has been chased by the Norwegian side, who are currently bottom of the Norwegian League, for some time now and joins the club immediatley.

Read more at www.breakingnews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/08/31/story218632.html)

lowflyingseagul
31/08/2005, 8:14 PM
i wonder when franco will be sold

patsh
31/08/2005, 8:34 PM
Have to say this is a disgraceful move.
What kind of ambition does it show for either Bray or Zayed?
Bray get rid of their best player, he settles for some relegation threatened, two-bit club....
I suppose you couldn't expect any better of Devlin though....:rolleyes:

Seagull
31/08/2005, 8:36 PM
Have we no ambition at all? We sold Jayo, Zayed won't be back. We'll need to find another goalscorer fast cos we're leaking them at the back. McGovern and Skippy are a disaster. I don't think we're safe yet...

Superhoops
31/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Have to say this is a disgraceful move.
What kind of ambition does it show for either Bray or Zayed?
Bray get rid of their best player, he settles for some relegation threatened, two-bit club....
I suppose you couldn't expect any better of Devlin though....:rolleyes:
What is the difference between this and Cork/Kevin Doyle?

lowflyingseagul
01/09/2005, 8:18 AM
huge difference, cork had players ready to come in, 1st division in england is of a much higher standard for doyle than the norweigan league will be for zayed.

while devo is an agent this will keep on happening, conflict of interests

CollegeTillIDie
01/09/2005, 8:38 AM
Aren't Bray getting €5,000 or something for this loan deal? Seems to me the board were looking at the bottom line. Sad reality of life in the top flight of Irish football, under the new UEFA Licencing regime, books have to be balanced!

EnDai
01/09/2005, 9:19 AM
€50,000