PDA

View Full Version : Cup replay.

aIr BaNd!
29/08/2005, 9:42 PM
Think its on saturday night and the league game postponed till a later date.Would they be a bus going up for the game l wonder???

sligoman
29/08/2005, 9:43 PM
It's definetely on the Saturday night alright

Rebal Boy
29/08/2005, 9:47 PM
Lads this was poss the worst game I was at in a long time. Fair play to Harps ye deserve a replay. All I know that we won't win anything if we play like that in future games. We beat teams from europe and then we can't beat teams at our own ground. :mad:

colm3012
29/08/2005, 10:04 PM
yes i agree very poor performance didnt look sharp.now we have another long away match.need to play much better to stay at the top of the league and have any chance of winning the cup.

Neish
29/08/2005, 10:07 PM
Many of ye coming up for the match on Saturday.
**** Just had a terrible thought derry could go top of the league on friday night. Perish the thought :eek:

Rebal Boy
29/08/2005, 10:11 PM
Many of ye coming up for the match on Saturday.

I'm not anyway. 1 I can't afford it and 2 after tonight I don't think many will be going up also people have the Uefa Cup in mind. Hope ye draw a big crowd to this. As long as we win I don't care. Our away form is much better then our home form anyway.

pete
30/08/2005, 9:28 AM
I think the result was entirely predictable. Seems our skills in Europe of passing game at low tempo are not suited to domestic action at all.

Dare i say it but i think we could do with Billy back for games like this.

I haven't heard reports of the game yet but we might need some changes in attack.

Peadar
30/08/2005, 9:30 AM
Just had a terrible thought derry could go top of the league on friday night.

Only if they win by 5 clear goals.

patsh
30/08/2005, 9:31 AM
It is hard to blame any player for last night, it was a totally one-sided game, Harps got the ball into City's half 5 times during the entire second half, but we just could not put the ball in the net....:(

Troy.McClure
30/08/2005, 10:25 AM
Wasnt at the game. Were Harps Longford in discuise? (sp)

harpskid
30/08/2005, 12:18 PM
We came for a draw and got it, so it was a job well done by all accounts. Indeed we could have sneeked a win.

I would be asking questions about your finishing though. Granted, our 'keeper was playing out of his skin AGAIN, but how ye didn't score I'll never know.

Oh, and by the way patsh, 5 times we were in your half during the second half? Are you being serious... :rolleyes:

patsh
30/08/2005, 12:31 PM
We came for a draw and got it, so it was a job well done by all accounts. Indeed we could have sneeked a win.

I would be asking questions about your finishing though. Granted, our 'keeper was playing out of his skin AGAIN, but how ye didn't score I'll never know.

Oh, and by the way patsh, 5 times we were in your half during the second half? Are you being serious... :rolleyes:
A harps fan who claims that Harps "could have sneeked a win" asks me am I serious?:eek: :confused::rolleyes:
To "have sneeked a win" you would have had to score. Name one serious attempt on the City goal?
There was one long range shot, easily saved by Devine in the second half. That was your "serious attempt on goal".

5 times you got the ball into City's half in the second half.
You had a half decent spell for 15 - 20 minutes in the first half when you managed to compete with us, the other 76 minutes you spent hoofing the ball away, making last ditch tackles, putting the ball out for corners, throw-ins etc. etc.
You got a decent draw, but don't get carried away by it....:rolleyes:

JDB
30/08/2005, 12:39 PM
A harps fan who claims that Harps "could have sneeked a win" asks me am I serious?:eek: :confused::rolleyes:
To "have sneeked a win" you would have had to score. Name one serious attempt on the City goal?
There was one long range shot, easily saved by Devine in the second half. That was your "serious attempt on goal".

Was at the game last night and have to agree. Harps did not look like scoring EVER. It was probably the most one sided game I've ever seen. Hopefully Harps will come out and play in the replay. You have some good players but you need to show a little more ambition. Otherwise looks like City need to sharpen their penalty taking skills.

ccfcgirl
30/08/2005, 8:03 PM
Think its on saturday night and the league game postponed till a later date.Would they be a bus going up for the game l wonder???Theres no bus going not enough interest ,thats no disrespect to Finn Harps fans but i think alot of city fans have there minds and pockets foccessed on Prague.

The Stars
30/08/2005, 8:31 PM
Theres no bus going not enough interest ,thats no disrespect to Finn Harps fans but i think alot of city fans have there minds and pockets foccessed on Prague.
dont worry there will be Sligo fans at the game to make up the numbers....now i think about it they will all be up for harps

sligoman
30/08/2005, 8:32 PM
dont worry there will be Sligo fans at the game to make up the numbersNot big Rovers fans then are they? :confused: Considering we are playing the same night :rolleyes: :D