PDA

View Full Version : EL Weekly

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:02 PM
I presume it's still on tonight with cup games? :confused:

gustavo
29/08/2005, 1:05 PM
:confused: dunno. the camera man at the rovers match looks like he is the guy who presents tg4s soccer coverage

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:08 PM
Well there was an interview with Sean Connor afterwards so I presume it was for EL Weekly? :confused:

gustavo
29/08/2005, 1:09 PM
maybe so yea. who was the young fella that interviewed sean straight after the game working for ? he was wearin a rovers top?

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:14 PM
who was the young fella that interviewed sean straight after the game working for ? he was wearin a rovers top?:D, Ocean Fm. He's a member on this forum so do you want to reveal yourself mystery guy? :p

Roo69
29/08/2005, 2:37 PM
I presume it's still on tonight with cup games? :confused:

Yeah, we had Dave Kelly down doing his bit for TV3, sure they had the last round on as well.

Sam Savic
29/08/2005, 6:05 PM
It doesn't matter where the cameraman was from, once the footage is sent into TV3 they'll show it.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 10:47 PM
Nice bit of publicity for us and Scully and Osam gave us a good bit of praise :)

MariborKev
29/08/2005, 11:00 PM
I have to say that it was the most impressive eircom League Weekly in a long time.

Highlights from all the eight ties played this weekend, even highlights from tonight's game between Cork and Harps.

They weren't extended highlights of all the game, but at least we saw all the goals from all the game

Scully and Osam are growing into the role of pundits. Scully still tries to say too much but he is under such time constraints I am not surprised he has to rush. Osam is relaxed and a good contrast to the excitable Scully. The banter between them adds to the programme.

Interviews with Connor, Alan Murphy, Cherry Orchard manager, Bray assistant manager.

Keep up the good work

sligoman
29/08/2005, 11:04 PM
Just heard Scully calling Cork, Dork :eek: . I wonder was it intentional? :D

Red4Eva
29/08/2005, 11:42 PM
Scully still tries to say too much but he is under such time constraints I am not surprised he has to rush.

the man knows his sh*t acknowledging st.paul as a quality centre forward&saying we'll do well next year

A face
29/08/2005, 11:46 PM
the man knows his sh*t acknowledging st.paul as a quality centre forward&saying we'll do well next year

Well Sligo did look good there alright ..... all boads well for ye !!

RedX
29/08/2005, 11:58 PM

When we look after Harps in Saturdays replay we will see who looks like the "Dorks" in the Q/F.... :D

I think Osam is terrible...the guy should stick to cutting toenails..

Scully is very honest and a very good judge of the game...he will make a very good manager in time..could be Rico's successor in years to come... :ball:

Breifne
30/08/2005, 9:18 AM

that was actually quite funny, it seemed like it was planned, he recovered so quickly. Interesting, i wonder, was a nice little jibe, real Mark Lawrenson -esque

coislaoi
30/08/2005, 9:26 AM

We've been called a lot worse than that recently (this forum included) :D Scully seems to be a admirer of Cork City. I suppose he should be seeing that he has a number of our under 21 team on loan. Notice how they have climbed the table recently. ;)

higgins
30/08/2005, 9:50 AM
Was scully right in saying Sligo have 10 or 11 full time pros and a full time manager? :eek:

whats the wage bill like at Sligo?

Hope you get promoted by the way, its a good trip

Rory H
30/08/2005, 10:43 AM
its alot...didnt they say the wage bill was more than we get for gate receipts...we average 1500 so its alot

sligoman
30/08/2005, 11:17 AM
whats the wage bill like at Sligo?7,000euro a week approximately

superfrank
30/08/2005, 11:17 AM
Jason McGuiness scored a cracker. They didn't show the incident at the Carlisle where about three or four people should've been off.

I have to say Derry look like the cockiest team around with the way they set up their third goal.

manic da hoop
30/08/2005, 12:45 PM
7,000euro a week approximately

Don't think there is a squad in the premier that costs less than that a week so to be fielding a team that is top of Division One and in the Q/F of the Cup for that amount is pretty good going IMO. We managed to cut our wage bill to "just" 10K after the transfer deadline.

Candystriped
30/08/2005, 2:15 PM
When we look after Harps in Saturdays replay we will see who looks like the "Dorks" in the Q/F.... :D

I think Osam is terrible...the guy should stick to cutting toenails..

Scully is very honest and a very good judge of the game...he will make a very good manager in time..could be Rico's successor in years to come... :ball:

What!!!! Scully is such a fool. The amount of rubbish he talks is a joke. He still considers Derry "outsiders" for the league title next to Cork and Shels :rolleyes:

Osam is far better than Scully.

pete
30/08/2005, 2:55 PM
He still considers Derry "outsiders" for the league title next to Cork and Shels :rolleyes:

I think hes said Shels have zero chance now & that Derry City right up there with Cork City but that we were favourites which is surely reasonable.

FFS all Osam been saying for weeks was that "...Cork City due a slip up..." Losing away to 2nd place team in the leagie is not a slip up.

:rolleyes: