PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup1/4 Final Draw

Roo69
29/08/2005, 11:48 AM
It's live on RTE news tonight about 6.20.

Who would ya like to get ? A home draw for starters would be brilliant, after that in order of preference i would take Sligo Rovers, Wayside or Rovers (we owe them a beating at this stage !) I suppose there going to be all very tough matches at this stage of the cup thou.

Hopefully we get 1 of the 2 live matches to be shown as well.

EnDai
29/08/2005, 11:53 AM
Wayside :D Failing that, Sligo would be a good bet!

Roo69
29/08/2005, 11:58 AM
Wayside :D Failing that, Sligo would be a good bet!

But Shels are not in the 1/4 finals :D

As i said, a home draw would be great, would really like to avoid Cork or Drogs thou, but now that i've said it well been drawn against 1 of them away :eek: :D

gustavo
29/08/2005, 12:01 PM
good to see us being underestimated :)

Roo69
29/08/2005, 12:06 PM
good to see us being underestimated :)

Nobody is underestimating you what so ever, did i not say all matches at this stage would be tough............

I just feel from the teams left, taking into consideration travel, form, away support and local rivalalries etc...... a home tie against Sligo Rovers would probably be one of the better draws we could ask for, jesus i'd say Bray up in Sligo would probably be one of the best draws you could ask for !

superfrank
29/08/2005, 12:22 PM
But Shels are not in the 1/4 finals :DYeah, pity about that....

I for one want to avoid Sligo. I'd prefer the winner of Longford-UCD at home. I think we could beat either of them if we get our act together for the match.

Hopefully Cork and Derry and Drogheda and Rovers get drawn against each other.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't mind us getting Shams, U.C.D. or ye at home. Hopefully, Cork/Derry and Bohs/Drogheda get each other so one of them can be eliminated :cool:.

EnDai
29/08/2005, 1:12 PM
:D Heh.

I was referring to Bray, of course! Checkitty my locationny. :rolleyes: :)

BrayZil
29/08/2005, 1:41 PM
I don't mind who we get as long as it's a home draw. We have taken points of most teams this season except for Bohs, Rovers and obviously Sligo. Ideally I would love either Longford or UCD at home. But on a good day we can beat any of the teams in the draw.

KR's Post
29/08/2005, 4:29 PM
Lads it doesn't matter who we get it's going to be a tough one. But here is my full draw prediction...

Wayside/Bohs v Bray( It's bound to happen, no matter who wins tomorrow night)
Cork/Finn Harps v Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers v Drogheda United
Longford Town/UCD v Derry City

lowflyingseagul
29/08/2005, 5:25 PM
ucd/longford

Roo69
29/08/2005, 8:49 PM
ucd/longford

Home draw is all we could have asked for really. Just thinking about it really, if we get to the final and can avoid Cork or Derry until that stage were in europe again ! heres hoping :p

superfrank
29/08/2005, 9:58 PM
I'd prefer the winner of Longford-UCD at home. I think we could beat either of them if we get our act together for the match.
What did I tell yez? Imo, best draw we could get we've done well against both of them at home. Should be a good match.

If it's a Derry-Cork final what happens to the Setanta/Europe place?

sligoman
29/08/2005, 10:06 PM
If it's a Derry-Cork final what happens to the Setanta/Europe place?I guarantee you that wont happen ;)

superfrank
29/08/2005, 10:29 PM
I guarantee you that wont happen ;)
I hope yez get Harps....I hate them!!!

Superhoops
31/08/2005, 1:41 PM
ucd/longford
Must have a real chance of beating UCD now. No doubt they will be up for it after beating Longford but they are an ordinary team at best.

Schumi
31/08/2005, 1:45 PM
Should be an even game so!