PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Town v GUFC

Terry
29/08/2005, 10:34 AM
Hopefully the lads will be well rested for this match after there break and should win this one! :o hope I dont put a ginks on it !!

Prediction: 2-1 to United, Moran and Clery (due a goal)

galwaygirl
29/08/2005, 10:39 AM
Hopefully the lads will be well rested for this match after there break and should win this one! :o hope I dont put a ginks on it !!

Prediction: 2-1 to United
I'll go with 2-1 to us as well, Moran & Lavine

Conor H
29/08/2005, 10:58 AM
I'll agree with Terry and Galwaygirl....2-1 United.

Patrick Dunne
29/08/2005, 1:06 PM
In my youth, we were let off home at 4.00pm. It seems very harsh to keep students in after 5.15 pm ;)

This sounds like one of galwaygirls "I'm cleaning my bathroom" or Eire06's "I've a feeling traffic will be bad" excuses :D

galwaygirl
29/08/2005, 1:20 PM
This sounds like one of galwaygirls "I'm cleaning my bathroom" or Eire06's "I've a feeling traffic will be bad" excuses :D
i've never used an excuse like that PD :eek:
and did i not say to you last week to definitely put my name down for goin??
i'm even workin through my lunch tomorrow to get off early

Terry
29/08/2005, 1:23 PM
i've never used an excuse like that PD :eek:
and did i not say to you last week to definitely put my name down for goin??
i'm even workin through my lunch tomorrow to get off early

you mean surfing through your lunch ??? :D

Eire06
29/08/2005, 1:26 PM
In my youth, we were let off home at 4.00pm. It seems very harsh to keep students in after 5.15 pm ;)

The traffic was bad :eek: and I was coming from dublin and it happened once.. :o
Not all of us can wander in and out of our jobs when we feel like it ya brat ya :eek:

Terry
29/08/2005, 1:28 PM
Not all of us can wander in and out of our jobs when we feel like it ya brat ya :eek:

Ironically, if everyone had a job PD would be out of one !! ;) :)

galwaygirl
29/08/2005, 1:29 PM
Good one Terry :D :D :D

Eire06
29/08/2005, 1:30 PM
Hee hee :D

Aaron GUFC
29/08/2005, 1:53 PM

Nice 1 haha I cant go to Athlone cos I'm stuck in a hell hole called Dublin :mad: FFS FFS! I predict 2-0 United ;) C'Mon United-ah forget it :o

gufct
29/08/2005, 2:06 PM
"let them use Public Transport" :D It will be interesting to see which Galway United team turns up "Jekyll or Hyde".

Conor H
29/08/2005, 3:21 PM
I predict a 3-1 victory, can't make the match now unfortunetly, school etc :mad:
Come on Vinny,get the finger out,I have school the next morning aswell :rolleyes: :D

Aaron GUFC
29/08/2005, 4:47 PM
Come on Vinny,get the finger out,I have school the next morning aswell :rolleyes: :D

Feck off cup ;)

galwaygirl
30/08/2005, 10:35 AM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/

United travel to play Athlone in Golden Island Park on Tuesday evening. Absent from the United squad will be Mixie Harty who is serving an automatic one match ban for his recent red card in the game against Dundalk.

ko:: 7.45pm, Aug 30th, Golden Island Park

Previous meetings this season
>> League:: drew 1-1 (home) March 15th
>> League:: won 2-1 (home) July 28th

GalwayFrancis
30/08/2005, 12:55 PM
From Athlone Town Fc website::

ATHLONE TOWN welcome Galway United to Golden Island
Park tonight in a re-arranged First Division game.

Town are still looking for their first win under John Gill, but
recent performances suggest that it isn't far away. Galway
ran out 2 - 1 winners when the sides last met in what was
Gill's first away game in charge. The sides will meet again
on Friday September 30th, again in Golden Island Park.

Kick-off on Tuesday night is at the usual time of 7:45pm.

Eire06
30/08/2005, 3:18 PM
I got away and im able to go to athlone this evening, all see ya at fibbers :eek:
:mad: I have to work till 6.30 :mad:

But I do predict a 1-0 victory to us with moran with the only goal :o

exiled_gufc_fan
30/08/2005, 11:06 PM
2-0 to the home side, with Levine sent off.

Can we now hereby ban all predictions in this forum. LAst couple of nasty defeats have followed some foaming at the mouth by some of our fans ... well intentionned, but defeats coinciding too often with the more optimistic predictions.

else only allow people to forecast us getting slaughtered. that way if our predictions are so far out, then at least we will all be happy.

DonO'Bate
30/08/2005, 11:14 PM
Pure rubbish. Paid dearly for not taking earlier chances and the sending off of Lavine. A morale boosting win for Athlone. We now have been beaten the three worst teams in the country.

Patrick Dunne
31/08/2005, 8:45 AM
In each of our last three games, a player has been sent off.
Players deciding to take holidays in the middle of the season.
No training.
One player who started last night was seen out drinking on Sunday at 3.00pm, 7.30pm and 12.00pm. Less than 48 hours before a match.

I am disappointed at the supporters applauding Eric off last night. His lack of discipline, like Mixie the week before, cost us the game. Both himself and Colin Fortune are missing for Friday nights game. More fines for the club, more players on ther sideline.

The current situation is totally unacceptable. Our wage bill is twice the size of Athlone Town. Our "professionals" are a joke. Radical change is needed.

:mad:

gufct
31/08/2005, 9:27 AM
on or off the field.Sadly for Stephen he has put too much faith in being nice to the players which has seen them throw it back in his face.

We would never have lost that game if we finished with 11 players and really should have won.There has to be a code of conduct for players on and off the field and fines if players step outside this code.

Its now time to plan for next season as the players have ended this one 12 games before the end of it and its time to get rid of players who show no pride in the maroon.

I dont want to seem harsh on players but everybody has their breaking point and the last two games have left me questioning why i like many others break their holes trying to keep the show on the road.

The club needs strong leadership now from people who want Galway United to prosper the time for talking is over at all levels there is a huge job to be done and only those totally commited to the cause should be kept for next season.

Maz
31/08/2005, 9:30 AM
What exactly did Lavine do?

According to him, he didnt deserve to be sent off but sure thats what they all say.

gufct
31/08/2005, 2:43 PM
couldnt tell u what it was for but i checked with the refs inspector.The referee had the card out of his pocket before he got to the corner which suggests violent play and no one argued.Didnt seenm too bothered about it though shocking really thats 2 reds in his last 2 games. :eek:

Conor H
31/08/2005, 3:15 PM
The second half last night was the the worst football,pride and commitement shown by GUFC players in a long time.Total lack of pride,leadership and desire all over the pitch.In front of easily our biggest away support of the season the players showed how useless every one of them really are.I agree with pd Eric was a fool last night,because even though we were shocking we still looked like we might nick a goal but all those hopes banished once he was sent off.Big changes are definitely needed. :mad: