03/11/2023, 4:59 PM
Bohemians - Cork City
Derry City - St Patrick's Athletic
Drogheda United - Shelbourne
Shamrock Rovers - Sligo Rovers
UCD - Dundalk

brendy_éire
03/11/2023, 5:00 PM
Second and fourth spot up for grabs tonight.

Pat's at 6/1, draw is 3/1. Bookies must think Pat's won't be putting out much of a side.

Fancy Shels to get the win against Drogs.

TonyD
03/11/2023, 6:38 PM
Second and fourth spot up for grabs tonight.

Pat's at 6/1, draw is 3/1. Bookies must think Pat's won't be putting out much of a side.

Fancy Shels to get the win against Drogs.

Jon Daly has hinted as much. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some key players rested.Would be nice to get second, but probably not worth risking the likes of Forrestor, even Redmond, especially on the artificial pitch. Would be horrible to lose someone for the cup final to an injury tonight. Derry must be trying favourites to get at least the point they need to secure second.

sbgawa
03/11/2023, 6:54 PM
Finner goes off to a huge deserved ovation. Obviously wasn't fit but was allowed a send off rightly

joey B
03/11/2023, 6:56 PM
Early goal for UCD!

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 7:22 PM
Dundalk and Drogheda score in the same minute to make things interesting. Louth love in there

Drogs 2-0 up now. Shels bottling it

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 7:23 PM
Finner goes off to a huge deserved ovation. Obviously wasn't fit but was allowed a send off rightly
Oh - I presumed he got injured very early. So he just came off first stoppage?

Nice touch

Calcio Jack
03/11/2023, 7:26 PM
Dreadful performance so far from the Hoops …. Hate to see such a disrespectful amateur attitude …. We’ve no divine right to expect to win a game but we are entitled to expect a professional performance… hopefully Bradley will sort them out

Jack B
03/11/2023, 7:33 PM
Pats treating thus game with utter contempt so far. Not quite sure why I'm watching while there's more interesting stuff on elsewhere but there y'are.

total hoofball
03/11/2023, 7:41 PM
Just had to be Shels to save our worst defensive performance for the 1st half of game 36

Only positive out of it there is still 45 minutes to save 4th spot but it's not looking good, the slack performances from the Derry and UCD games have carried over which I was worried about, we in particular got away with absolute murder last week. Lack of composure and sloppiness killing us in the final third tonight on a horrendous Sunday league standard pitch. Drogheda not placing a ball boy on the side of the pitch where there signing section is definitely a cute stroke, ref not falling for the non return of the footballs anymore happy to have two balls on the pitch if needs be

ger121
03/11/2023, 7:44 PM
Great. That’s all we need now. Hope!

Nesta99
03/11/2023, 7:52 PM
Great. That’s all we need now. Hope!

Will be tough if results go the right way but Dundalk bottle beating UCD so yup its the hope thats the killer. I can see Dundalk detting noses in front and Shels sneaking in a couple in added time...

joey B
03/11/2023, 7:55 PM
Red card for Drogs and a goal for Shels right at the start of the second half,shocking tackle from Luke Heeney...

total hoofball
03/11/2023, 7:56 PM
Well this is an interesting start to the 2nd half at United Park
Moylan goal and Luke Heeney straight red for a malicious lunge

ger121
03/11/2023, 7:57 PM
Will be tough if results go the right way but Dundalk bottle beating UCD so yup its the hope thats the killer. I can see Dundalk detting noses in front and Shels sneaking in a couple in added time...

Well Shels half way there now and against 10 men too.

Calcio Jack
03/11/2023, 7:57 PM
Dreadful performance so far from the Hoops …. Hate to see such a disrespectful amateur attitude …. We’ve no divine right to expect to win a game but we are entitled to expect a professional performance… hopefully Bradley will sort them out

Different Hoops in second half

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 8:00 PM
Shels equalise to jump to fourth, but Bohs score a third to be halfway to the 6-0 they need

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 8:02 PM
4-0 Bohs

Shels may well need to win here

total hoofball
03/11/2023, 8:03 PM
Shels have to win this very clear Cork have had no intention of putting anything up to Bohs

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 8:08 PM
Shels are winning now - as Dundalk take the lead too

Amazing turnaround in Drogheda

joey B
03/11/2023, 8:12 PM
Shels have been fantastic in the 20 minutes since half time in fairness to them,albeit against 10 men...

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 8:14 PM
Well we've collapsed - three goals in five minutes

The only upside is it's no good for Dundalk

Hoban with the fourth

total hoofball
03/11/2023, 8:14 PM
Dundalk also chomping at the GD now. No more twists and turns please a 4th goal for Shels would be very welcome

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 8:19 PM
There's the fourth for Shels

A Kildare-style late late show to rescue Dundalk seems to be ruled out

Nesta99
03/11/2023, 8:24 PM
Ex Dundalk Paddy Barrett putting it all to bed. We can seriouse rue some awful dropped points from winning positions and the damage that did. Fifth is abi right if it stays as it is i feel. Much added iteret now in prospective talks with investors oer the next week or so and the ossible u-turn on Hoban and headig off iterest on other players.

ger121
03/11/2023, 8:30 PM
Cup or bust

total hoofball
03/11/2023, 8:55 PM
Over to you Pats don't screw up!

D24Saint
03/11/2023, 9:01 PM
Nailbitter in the Brandywell that. The only good part was the artisan coffee at half time. To the Aviva & beyond (mcdowells after).

pineapple stu
03/11/2023, 9:08 PM
Jack Moylan ends as the top scorer. Wonder will he still be in Tolka next season? There'll surely be interest

kksaints
03/11/2023, 9:10 PM
Jack Moylan ends as the top scorer. Wonder will he still be in Tolka next season? There'll surely be interest

He's going to Lincoin I think.

joey B
03/11/2023, 9:11 PM

That deals been done since September I think...

Burnsie
03/11/2023, 9:29 PM

tied with Afolabi

devo for Forrester backers. Led most of the season and then forced out of the e/w places due to UCD and Drogheda letting 7 goals to Moylan and Hoban during the last week of the season

Calcio Jack
03/11/2023, 9:42 PM
Quote of the night “…. We’re in a good place now…”

Bradley’s reply when asked about where he and the board are at ….. let’s now go for 5

Dermobohs
03/11/2023, 10:05 PM
Kudos to Bradley and his staff for maintaining the hunger to win, hardest part of success is maintaining it. ****ing killed me to admit that.
Good finish from bohs but the damage was done in the dreadful derby displays this season., cup of bust now, but looking at Flores Clarke and Afolabi limping around at full time was worrying.
Cork are awful, shockingly poor they will struggle in a play off.

D24Saint
03/11/2023, 10:16 PM
$hels fans supporting Pats in the cup final. The world has gone topsy turvy.

TonyD
03/11/2023, 10:44 PM
$hels fans supporting Pats in the cup final. The world has gone topsy turvy.

Nice that it’s through gritted teeth though.:D

We really looked like a team with nothing to play for tonight. In fairness to Derry, they were good and full value for the win.

joey B
03/11/2023, 11:52 PM
Michael Duffy with the miss of the season there tonight,over the bar from about a yard and a half!

placid casual
04/11/2023, 3:52 AM
Kudos to Bradley and his staff for maintaining the hunger to win, hardest part of success is maintaining it. ****ing killed me to admit that.
Good finish from bohs but the damage was done in the dreadful derby displays this season., cup of bust now, but looking at Flores Clarke and Afolabi limping around at full time was worrying.

I dunno if your the same vintage as me Dermo, but I've seen both 4inaRow's now.
In the dark,dark,dark days of following Rovers across Dublin for home games(+1 in cork) for 29yrs I can't ever have imagined Rovers repeating that feat,-I know lots of Rovers fans were very nervous when dundalk were on the march in the 2010's for fear of us losing than moniker.
When MON left in 2012, his team included lots of senior professionals,so hopefully Bradser and his staff are conscious of that issue.He has to trust Cruise,Noonan,Raz to grow into their own and play regularly to give them the self belief to *Drive45.

Great send off for Finner and Big Al. It was mentioned somewhere else that those 2 were the pivotal Bradley signings,and I tend to agree with that.

I wasn't following the other scores till later,but it seems shels have some stones after all.
Bohs know what they need to do for Europe

*I'm selling this to the Rovers marketing team

Calcio Jack
04/11/2023, 9:25 AM
I dunno if your the same vintage as me Dermo, but I've seen both 4inaRow's now.
In the dark,dark,dark days of following Rovers across Dublin for home games(+1 in cork) for 29yrs I can't ever have imagined Rovers repeating that feat,-I know lots of Rovers fans were very nervous when dundalk were on the march in the 2010's for fear of us losing than moniker.
When MON left in 2012, his team included lots of senior professionals,so hopefully Bradser and his staff are conscious of that issue.He has to trust Cruise,Noonan,Raz to grow into their own and play regularly to give them the self belief to *Drive45.

Great send off for Finner and Big Al. It was mentioned somewhere else that those 2 were the pivotal Bradley signings,and I tend to agree with that.

I wasn't following the other scores till later,but it seems shels have some stones after all.
Bohs know what they need to do for Europe

*I'm selling this to the Rovers marketing team

Drive45 …. Sorry but way too Gaaesque… like you I’m a relic from the Milltown 4 in a row era and beyond ( my claim to ‘ fame ‘ is that myself and 3 friend d were amongst the crowd of 70 !! Who attended an end of season game in Milltown circa 1973 , the season we had to be ‘re-elected ie finished last). So for me and others where we now are is almost unbelievable and sheer joy.

brendy_éire
04/11/2023, 12:03 PM
We really looked like a team with nothing to play for tonight. In fairness to Derry, they were good and full value for the win.

Don't understand why Pat's put out what was basically a full side if that was the attitude. Pat's have up after the first 20 minutes, after a few rough challenges. Don't blame them at all, no point getting injured or sent off for a fairly meaningless game. Is it an extra €10k or something for finishing second?
We played well, but were allowed to. Patching's goal was lovely though. Nice enough way to end a disappointing season.

Decent crowd up from Pat's, and enjoyed chatting to some of them before and after in the town.

Nesta99
04/11/2023, 12:10 PM
Drive45 …. Sorry but way too Gaaesque… like you I’m a relic from the Milltown 4 in a row era and beyond ( my claim to ‘ fame ‘ is that myself and 3 friend d were amongst the crowd of 70 !! Who attended an end of season game in Milltown circa 1973 , the season we had to be ‘re-elected ie finished last). So for me and others where we now are is almost unbelievable and sheer joy.

Its mad how those lows make the highs so so worth the effort and keepin the faith. A lot of football fans have short memories and why I always try to see things as relative and with some perspective. There is quite a bit of grumbling around Oriel currently, some is fair enough, but people calling things a disaster obviously dont remember dark days like relegation or reelection.

With the league finished and hostilities unnecessary, while I dont enjoy Shamrock Rovers adding another title to a league of honour, I do actually like to hear of experiences like CJ above. I envy other clubs' fans on such days certainly not begrudge! Roll on 2024.

Jack B
04/11/2023, 1:33 PM
Don't understand why Pat's put out what was basically a full side if that was the attitude. Pat's have up after the first 20 minutes, after a few rough challenges. Don't blame them at all, no point getting injured or sent off for a fairly meaningless game. Is it an extra €10k or something for finishing second?
We played well, but were allowed to. Patching's goal was lovely though. Nice enough way to end a disappointing season.

Decent crowd up from Pat's, and enjoyed chatting to some of them before and after in the town.

We did rest/rotate a good few players tbf. Lennon is fit but was left out completely, Norman has been first choice over McGrath but was on the bench for him, as were both Leavy and Murphy, Mulraney and McClelland is usually an either/or decision but he played both as well as Nolan who's probably 4th choice as a winger. Then there were all the early subs on top of it etc. A lot of our squad options at the back are injured which is probably why all of Curtis, Redmond and Brealin started.

But yeah, don't want to take anything away from Derry but beyond the team selection the general application told the story of what the priority was for Pats. 2nd and 3rd in this league is much of a muchness really, next week was the main thing as soon as Europe was wrapped up.

ontheotherhand
04/11/2023, 2:37 PM

Fair play Dermo. Makings of a good team over your way. I'd expect the derbies to be much more competitive next season, especially if you hold Afolabi. Himself and Clarke looked excellent this season from what I saw.

Dermobohs
05/11/2023, 8:35 AM
Depends entirely on Devine revamping our back four, signing a replacement for bucko, not an easy task, and holding on to the majority of our other players. Don’t wish to lose Flores, coote, grant, Connolly,Afolabi, Clarke , or McManus.
Twardek O’Sullivan akintunde holzman, Dennison all seem to be out of favour.
I’d keep Williams too he’s been unlucky with injury, cian byrne I’d imagine would be a priority too

kksaints
05/11/2023, 9:11 AM
Depends entirely on Devine revamping our back four, signing a replacement for bucko, not an easy task, and holding on to the majority of our other players. Don’t wish to lose Flores, coote, grant, Connolly,Afolabi, Clarke , or McManus.
Twardek O’Sullivan akintunde holzman, Dennison all seem to be out of favour.
I’d keep Williams too he’s been unlucky with injury, cian byrne I’d imagine would be a priority too

Did McManus get injured as he didn't seem anywhere near as prominent in the last few months of the season?

Dermobohs
05/11/2023, 9:19 AM
Was away on trial in the uk, then had a break because of the leaving! Played ok last game.