PSG's 2-1 defeat by Nice at the Parc
des Princes yesterday.

He is likely to be sidelined for the
next two weeks and will miss the games
against the Faroes in Lens on 3
September and the more important one
against Ireland in Dublin on 7
September.

Taken fromaertal (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p223)

thejollyrodger
28/08/2005, 4:39 PM
oh dear :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
28/08/2005, 5:15 PM
Can only be good news for Ireland. They have so many players to pick from though.

Stuttgart88
28/08/2005, 5:37 PM
Do you remember this time last year? Everytime you picked up the paper another Frenchman had pulled out. Heavind forbid it'd happen again :)

Wrap Boumsong up in cotton wool!

ali2005
29/08/2005, 10:37 AM
Personally i think he is a good player but they have so many players to choose from so i dont think it will matter that much anyway.

chancer
29/08/2005, 12:32 PM
they won't miss him, his replacement (if it's giuly) will probably be better than him anyway :(
doesn't matter tho, we'll have our strongest starting XI and that's all that matters!

wallis
30/08/2005, 10:57 AM
" Raymond Domenech has called Lyon defender Anthony Reveliiere and striker Sydney Govou into his France squad. They replace the injured Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina and PSGs Jerome Rothen "

wallis
30/08/2005, 11:01 AM
Goalkeepers: Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle United), William Gallas (Chelsea), Gael Givet (Monaco), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Sebastien Squillacci (Monaco), Lilian Thuram (Juventus Turin), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon)

Midfielders: Vikash Dhorasoo (Paris St Germain), Alou Diarra (Racing Lens), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Sidney Govou (Paris St Germain), Patrick Vieira (Juventus), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

Strikers: Djibril Cisse (Liverpool), Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Florent Malouda (Olympique Lyon), Sylvain Wiltord (Olympique Lyon).

Stuttgart88
30/08/2005, 11:07 AM
I don't know about Reveillere but Govou is an out & out speed merchant, but in my opinion, lacking any real footballing quality. Maybe he's come on since I last saw him though.

One of the guys from work here was at PSG vs Nice at the weekend and he said it was crap. Domenech was quoted during the week saying that Pires' footballing style is the reason he's being left out (yeah right!) and Dhorasoo and Malouda are more compatible. My mate who saw PSG said Dhorasoo had some nice touches but was very lightweight.