PDA

View Full Version : The eircom League Playlist

Pages : [1] 2

Réiteoir
28/08/2005, 1:22 PM
So which bands, singers are closely associated with eircom League clubs?

Oh and what music (not necessarily from Irish groups) is closely related to the League?

Want to try to get a full list of them up:

Cork City:
Derry City: The Undertones
Shelbourne:
Longford Town:
Drogheda United:
Bohemians:
U.C.D.:
Bray Wanderers:
St. Patrick's Athletic:
Shamrock Rovers:
Waterford United:
Finn Harps:

Sligo Rovers:
Dublin City:
Limerick:
Cobh Ramblers:
Dundalk:
Kildare County:
Kilkenny City:
Galway United:
Monaghan United:
Athlone Town:

More than one group per club is allowed

General Music:
Beck - E-Pro (used on eL Weekly)
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You (used at Dalymount before games)

superfrank
28/08/2005, 6:48 PM
The Red Rose Cafe. But we don't sing it anymore for some reason.

ThatGuy
28/08/2005, 6:59 PM
Bohs: The Horslips
Shels: Aslan :rolleyes:

pete
28/08/2005, 7:17 PM
Cork City - Sultans of Ping

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 7:23 PM
Finn Harps - Clannad... met the uncles at their match in Belfield Park about 10 years ago.

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 7:25 PM
UCD.... It Was the late great Dermot Morgan he even mentioned us in his version of Wink Martindales " Deck Of Cards" on the 1990 World Cup Special Cassette Album he released through Texaco garages.

Aaron GUFC
28/08/2005, 7:54 PM
....When i was down there they played this weird Wheres my jumper song ffs :D :o OMG get some new songs! :o :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
28/08/2005, 9:07 PM
....When i was down there they played this weird Wheres my jumper song ffs :D :o OMG get some new songs! :o :rolleyes:

So in other words The Sultans of Ping??? :rolleyes:

Bosco
28/08/2005, 10:22 PM
Build me up buttercup-shamrock rovers

Longford town-Paschal and sean :D :D :D

Dodge
28/08/2005, 10:26 PM
Something Happens are pats fans (Not so much Tom dunne but Alan certainly is...) he wore a Pats shirt when performing on the late late...

A face
28/08/2005, 10:34 PM
Cork City - Sultans of Ping

The Frank and Walters aswell !!

superfrank
28/08/2005, 10:37 PM
If you ever go to Drogheda look out for the guy who sings at half time. He can't. :D

Troy.McClure
29/08/2005, 12:14 AM
TicTok gets "What you waiting for?" after the Metro in Derry :D

It was funny coz we were drunk :)

gustavo
29/08/2005, 9:22 AM
we seem to run out to "where the streets have no name" by u2 these days

Ruairi
29/08/2005, 10:18 AM
City run out to "piranhas" by Tom Hark..

pete
29/08/2005, 10:20 AM
It was funny coz we were drunk :)

You mean you remember?

:p

Ruairi
29/08/2005, 10:27 AM

actually its Tom Hark by the Piranhas :o

The Good Son
29/08/2005, 10:44 AM
Andy Mc Cluskey(?) the singer from OMD attended a few City games in the Bishopstown days, even going to a few away games, one in Galway ( played at the rugby ground they were playing in while Terryland was being done up) and the last game of the season against Shamrock Rovers in the RDS when they won the league are two I remember. Ricky from legendary Cork band(s) Nun Attax\ Five Go Down To The Sea is a regular home and away at City matches.

James
29/08/2005, 10:54 AM
Cork City
Sultans of Ping FC
Frank and Walters
Fred

OneRedArmy
29/08/2005, 11:45 AM
Is David Kitt a Pats fan?

Certainly see him a few times at the Ireland games on the North Terrace at Lansdowne.

Partizan
29/08/2005, 4:45 PM
I heard that Gilbert O'Sullivan is a closet Blues fan.

Aaron GUFC
29/08/2005, 4:54 PM
WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHEREWHERE'S ME JUMPA!? 'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!?
WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? etc. :D pure ****e tbh :o
WHO'S THE GOB****E THAT PLAYS THESE SONGS? OMG :o

OneRedArmy
29/08/2005, 8:47 PM
WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHEREWHERE'S ME JUMPA!? 'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!?
WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? WHERE'S ME JUMPA!? etc. :D pure ****e tbh :o
You say "pure sh1te", I say "classic tune"...... kids today eh?! wouldn't know what good music is :D

CollegeTillIDie
29/08/2005, 8:56 PM
Actually the song is called " Tom Hark" and the band are The Piranhas featuring Boring Bob Grover :D

sadloserkid
29/08/2005, 9:12 PM
The Hitchers are Limerick fans. Not sure if that'll mean much to many people but they had a national if alterntative profile maybe a decade ago.

Anto McC
29/08/2005, 9:21 PM
Shels: Aslan :rolleyes:

Eh,would someone please explain the connection

ThatGuy
29/08/2005, 9:35 PM
Eh,would someone please explain the connection
One or two of the band are Shels fans. I think the bassist is one of them, doesn't he wear a Shels tracksuit top in a scene of that Made In Dublin documentary/concert video.

CollegeTillIDie
31/08/2005, 10:53 PM
The Hitchers are Limerick fans. Not sure if that'll mean much to many people but they had a national if alterntative profile maybe a decade ago.

One or two members of the sadly neglected and underrated Tuesday Blue are also fans of the club. ;)

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:55 PM
One or two of the band are Shels fans. I think the bassist is one of them, doesn't he wear a Shels tracksuit top in a scene of that Made In Dublin documentary/concert video.

I didn't know that,I think it's about time i started supporting a different team

Drumcondra Red
31/08/2005, 10:57 PM
Nothing wrong with that Anto!!!

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 10:59 PM
Everything is wrong with that,Those f*cking knackers give Dubs a bad name

CollegeTillIDie
31/08/2005, 11:03 PM
Everything is wrong with that,Those f*cking knackers give Dubs a bad name

But Anto... How can I protect you in this Crazy World? :D

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 11:04 PM
Killing Christy "look at me,i've drug problems" Dignam for a start

CollegeTillIDie
31/08/2005, 11:06 PM
Killing Christy "look at me,i've drug problems" Dignam for a start

Well don't look at me I'm a Northsider... we could ask some scumbag from the otherside of town to look after it :D

Anto McC
31/08/2005, 11:08 PM
Like me,a proud southsider and it would be my pleasure to wring his f*cking neck

TonyD
01/09/2005, 10:06 PM
Pats have been taking the field to the strains(and I do mean strains) of the godawful "Saints & Sinners" by the atrocious Paddy Casey this season. It's got to stop. :eek:

Éanna
01/09/2005, 10:31 PM
Its a Cork song, by a Cork group which is loved by City fans. We'll hang onto it thank you very much :p

Éanna
01/09/2005, 10:32 PM
less of it. Its better than the chart crap ya hear at most grounds anyway. Can't believe I'm actually sending a compliment in Ruairi's direction as it goes against everything I believe in, but I think the music at the cross is the best in the league- now if only we could hear it..... :D

Éanna
01/09/2005, 10:34 PM
Pats have been taking the field to the strains(and I do mean strains) of the godawful "Saints & Sinners" by the atrocious Paddy Casey this season. It's got to stop. :eek:
I happen to like Paddy Casey, and I think its a great tune, but its certainly not right for a football ground. Can't believe they're still playing it. totally out of place

Schumi
02/09/2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah I remember saying at our match in Richmond that the music was pretty decent and then that came on. :eek:

Anto McC
02/09/2005, 12:50 PM
They always play "Brewing up a storm" just a few minutes before kick off in Tolka,it gets everybody going

Drumcondra Red
02/09/2005, 2:17 PM
They always play "Brewing up a storm" just a few minutes before kick off in Tolka,it gets everybody going

Do they?? I don't really notice the music in Tolka tbh!!! Normally trying to leg it to the jax before kick off!!!

Éanna
02/09/2005, 2:22 PM
Do they?? I don't really notice the music in Tolka tbh!!! Normally trying to leg it to the jax before kick off!!!
whatever you're into :p

declan hide
02/09/2005, 2:34 PM
thin lizzy blasts out of the speaker at limerick fc home games! i think philo used to play for us :D

one of the lads in woodstar comes to limerick gigs occassionally.

centre mid
05/09/2005, 4:28 PM
I'm gonna say U2 as Bono used to own the Matello Tower overlooking the Carlisle

Ruairi
05/09/2005, 5:00 PM
less of it. Its better than the chart crap ya hear at most grounds anyway. Can't believe I'm actually sending a compliment in Ruairi's direction as it goes against everything I believe in, but I think the music at the cross is the best in the league- now if only we could hear it..... :D

awww.. that made me feel all warm inside...

James
05/09/2005, 5:15 PM

ugh sick eanna jusr made ruari feel all warm inside
uck

Éanna
05/09/2005, 6:48 PM
whatever you're into :p

sligoman
06/09/2005, 8:16 AM
one of the lads in woodstar comes to limerick gigs occassionally.Woodstar? :confused:

James
06/09/2005, 8:45 AM
very ****e limerick band is woodstar
they co headlined the heineken rollercoaster tour there a few years ago with the Frank and Walters