PDA

View Full Version : The Libertines

Anto McC
28/08/2005, 9:52 AM
There was probably a thread on them before,if there was point it out to me,i'll add to that and Adam or whoever can delete this one

I am not a fan of modern bands to say the least and i hate Pete Doherty but i happened to chance across a song on the SRFC Ultras website(Excellent website for those who have never been) by them and i thought it was very good but when i went to download it,i couldn't think of the name of the song so i downloaded about 5 songs that i thought could be it,after listening to them i was really impressed so i went and downloaded their 2 albums "Up the Bracket" and the self-titled "The Libertines" and after 2 weeks of constantly listening to them,i am absolutely blown away by how good they are

Now i'm not a fan of Pete Dohertys escapades but his music,as much as it pains me to admit it is quality.What does anyone else think of them?

anto1208
29/08/2005, 9:30 AM
There was probably a thread on them before,if there was point it out to me,i'll add to that and Adam or whoever can delete this one

I am not a fan of modern bands to say the least and i hate Pete Doherty but i happened to chance across a song on the SRFC Ultras website(Excellent website for those who have never been) by them and i thought it was very good but when i went to download it,i couldn't think of the name of the song so i downloaded about 5 songs that i thought could be it,after listening to them i was really impressed so i went and downloaded their 2 albums "Up the Bracket" and the self-titled "The Libertines" and after 2 weeks of constantly listening to them,i am absolutely blown away by how good they are

Now i'm not a fan of Pete Dohertys escapades but his music,as much as it pains me to admit it is quality.What does anyone else think of them?

this is the point i try to get across to people when talking about pete , first thing to do is put down the sun and the news of the world ( you shouldnt read them anyway ) with out these two papers you wont get the constant drugs drugs drugs stuff about him , you only have a bad impression of him because everyday a tabloid paper prints a negative story about him if you read bad points everyday you will soon think he is a **** , in all fairness most of these pics that are used are of him ****ed leaving aclub etc i know as much as i like to think im the pinicle of cool leaving a club the facts are im ****ed up sweaty, eyes rolling around in my head , difference is i wont appear on the paper the next day with every one that has been in the same state the night before looking down there nose at me.

these papers never talk about the genuine connection with his fans , the fact he is allway accesable to his fans , the fact he invites fans around to his house for gigs , that he sets up sectret gigs for fans , that he gives away all his music on line for free to his fans , think about that can you name one other artist that isnt complaining about how downloading is ruining there businness , remember the fuss bono makes every album launch because they will loose millions .to those that know him he is ment to be one of the nicest people in the business .

and the main reason i like them is the honesty in his writting if you know the story about the second album and then listen to it its gut renching stuff how they potray the break up of the band and there friendship . also some of the writting is very clever .
my fav lines are( actually i use one on the bottom of my posts ) .
1 ) her old man he doesnt like blacks or queers !! but he's proud we beat the nazi's how queer !!

or music when the lights go out about the bad spliting .

is it cruel or kind
not to speak my mind
and to lie to you
rather than hurt you
well ill confess all of my sins
after several large gins
but still ill hide from you
hide whats inside from you
but alarm bells ring
when you say your heart still sings
when your with me
oh please forgive
me i no longer hear the music

im delighted he is clean now , he got implants so opietes have no affect of the brain , hopefully he will get back to writting and finish this babyshambles album ive heard most of it , not as good as the libs but still a million times better than any of the manufactured sh1t out there