PDA

View Full Version : F.A.I. Cup draw

sligoman
27/08/2005, 10:06 PM
The draw for the Quarter-Finals of the FAI Carlsberg Cup will take place on Monday next, August 29, at the Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork.

The draw will take place at about 6.20pm and will be broadcast live on RTÉ's Six-One news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Who do we want? :confused:. A home draw anyway

d rovers
28/08/2005, 8:15 AM
as long as we get a home draw - shams at home (presuming they get past douglas hall today!) would be a nice one.

Da Real Rover
28/08/2005, 9:06 AM
A home draw and im happy.

Rory H
28/08/2005, 11:22 AM
A home draw and im happy.

longford....i want revenge :)

i had a dream it would be winners of longford ucd vrs us...so away to longford or ucd...remember that monday!!!

superfrank
28/08/2005, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't want us to get yez cos we struggle against lower ranked teams and do well against higher ranked teams. Plus depending how we do against Pats on Friday, I'm not sure if we could beat yez. :o

The Stars
28/08/2005, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't want us to get yez cos we struggle against lower ranked teams and do well against higher ranked teams. Plus depending how we do against Pats on Friday, I'm not sure if we could beat yez. :o
your right not to be sure.On our day we can beat any tea in the country.
Dont care who we get as long as it is at home.

sligoman
28/08/2005, 1:32 PM
On our day we can beat any tea in the country.Your right, even Lyons or Barry's tea ;) :p :D.

redman
28/08/2005, 6:04 PM
No doubt in my mind.....a home tie with Shams.

By the way does anyone know if the dates for the quarter finals are scheduled yet?

redrov2005
28/08/2005, 7:44 PM
They're on the weekend of the 22/23rd.

Red4Eva
28/08/2005, 8:28 PM
had a dream bout 6 months ago we'd play drogheda in the cup. any1 who was behind da goal in da rsc last yr wud be glad to see that c*nt dan connor in da showgrounds. home draw hopefully&avoid derry or cork till semis. i wud be 100% confident against sum1 like ucd,bray or shams even bohs now that foley's weasled his way out of his contract

any1 have money on us for da cup?

The Stars
28/08/2005, 8:44 PM
any1 have money on us for da cup?
unfortunetly not.we were 20/1 to win it last week...wonder what the odds are ike now?

Red4Eva
28/08/2005, 9:02 PM
unfortunetly not.we were 20/1 to win it last week...wonder what the odds are ike now?

i have €15 each way at 50/1 :) we're bout 10/1 on betdaq now but i'd say bout 16/1 when the bookies do the prices

Rebal Boy
28/08/2005, 9:26 PM
I'll prob see the draw before I head out to The X tomorrow night. I hoping for City/Harps please God be us at home to Shamrock Rovers or Sligo once we keep away from Derry at the Brandywell I don't care. At home to Derry wouldn't be bad. A def full hose for the X if that happens. Looking forward to tomorrows game I must say. Cup games are always exiting.

Rory H
29/08/2005, 10:08 AM
i think 3 of the 4 q/f are on tv...2 on tg4 and 1 on setanta

cork vrs rovers ar na tg4!

has a ring to it :)

ali2005
29/08/2005, 10:31 AM
Shams vs Rovers would be a great match. Home tie

Darco Ooragnak
29/08/2005, 12:45 PM
Just hope the cup run doesn't blinker the lads ( the the fans ) from the ultimate goal this season.....

pineapple stu
29/08/2005, 12:47 PM
I would be 100% confident against someone like UCD
Even though we beat youz three times last season? ;)

Bt the way - please to take the time to spell words out properly - text speak is incredibly annoying to read!!!

sligoman
29/08/2005, 12:54 PM
I want a home tie against Shams, Bray or U.C.D. ;)

sligoman
29/08/2005, 5:21 PM
We've got Cork or Harps away.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 5:26 PM
Come on Harps! What are the chances of them winning tonight? :confused: :o

fcporter
29/08/2005, 5:32 PM
..............come on harps

1 9 2 8
29/08/2005, 5:35 PM
What are the chances of them winning tonight? :confused: :o
The same as Ian Paisley becoming a Catholic

feo123
29/08/2005, 5:38 PM
Quote!//What are the chances of them winning tonight?[QUOTE] No chance!!! Were goin to Turner's! Lets get a good crowd down there and try to get at leat a replay.. they will be just days away from the 2nd leg of the UEFA cup game at the time and hoprfully will play a weakened side, so i think we may get it back to the showgrounds.... do not write us off! we done it against Shelbourne a few years ago and Pats at the weekend!
COME ON ROVERS!!!! :)

The Stars
29/08/2005, 5:48 PM
gorst game on T.V. for us this season if we get Cork.
COME ON HARPS.........

sligoman
29/08/2005, 6:30 PM
gorst game on T.V. for us this season if we get Cork.
COME ON HARPS.........Nope, dont think so. Derry got Shams in the Brandywell. I'd say that's the one for tv :(

Shiba
29/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Even though we beat youz three times last season? ;)

Bt the way - please to take the time to spell words out properly - text speak is incredibly annoying to read!!!
Didn't know "youz" was part of the english language!Your grammer is not the best either!

adamd164
03/09/2005, 11:45 AM
It's a dub thing - leave him off !

Red4Eva
03/09/2005, 1:37 PM
according to the star billy woods&colin o'brien will be playin 2nite. without o'callaghan&1 or 2 others i'd give harps a chance cos they've only conceded 2 in last 4 games i think

Rory H
04/09/2005, 11:16 AM
i cant believe i feel sorry for them...oh well!!

bus to cork???

superfrank
04/09/2005, 11:33 AM
Cmon the Rovers!! I don't want Cork to do the double and I want some of the bigger teams (notice I didn't say better? ;) ) to go out.

I think Cork have stuttered in the Cup. Only one goal against Galway in 180-odd minutes and they were pushed all the way by Harps. I think yez have a decent chance. ;) :rolleyes:

RedX
04/09/2005, 12:15 PM
Cmon the Rovers!! I don't want Cork to do the double and I want some of the bigger teams (notice I didn't say better? ;) ) to go out.

I think Cork have stuttered in the Cup. Only one goal against Galway in 180-odd minutes and they were pushed all the way by Harps. I think yez have a decent chance. ;) :rolleyes:

Superfrank..i dont think i have ever made a comment on your complete anti-Cork City rubbish...you are in a long list which is quiet sad..i mean you support BRAY..a team that will NEVER be anything except see-saw..what fuels your hatred lad?..it must be sad always worrying about our club....as Bray are known here in Cork.."just a SH*T suburb of Dublin".. ;)

On the match..looking forward to this one...its very dissapointing to see some of the recent anti-Cork rubbish from certain Sligo fans on the forum considering that City fans are always supporting you lot for promotion..but best of luck and hopefully we can beat you boys..it should be a great match and atmosphere..and it is great to see Sligo on the verge of promotion...

1 9 2 8
04/09/2005, 12:32 PM
I was just looking at the history books in '94 we were held to a 1-1 draw with non-league Glenmore we beat them in the replay just like Malahide this year. We also beat Cork who were top of the premier league in 94' I hope history can repeat it’s self again :D

Petmuller
04/09/2005, 2:09 PM
I was just looking at the history books in '94 we were held to a 1-1 draw with non-league Glenmore we beat them in the replay just like Malahide this year. We also beat Cork who were top of the premier league in 94' I hope history can repeat it’s self again :D

And if my memory serves me right I think Damien Richardson was the Cork manager at that time as well. I remember Rico not being too happy having to come to the Showgrounds as he feared the Rovers Roar. He said it was akin to going into the Lions Den. How times have changed.

The Stars
04/09/2005, 2:52 PM
How times have changed.
Ya it is a bit quieter these days but if we had them at The Showgrounds with the passion and support every fan showed against St Pats then he would be a bit fearfull still.

Mayo Red
04/09/2005, 3:17 PM
It should be a cracker of a match versus City and I think we have a decent chance of progressing. I was at their match against Galway and to be fair, United gave as good as they got. If they had a blatant penalty given in the dying minutes Cork would have been out. Having said that, it should be a great night against a quality team! If it went to a replay in the Showgrounds the place would be heaving!

Red4Eva
04/09/2005, 4:33 PM
was chattin 2 burns&raf last nite. burnsy definitely isn't too fearful of cork i'll say that much. sounds like all the players are pretty confident. sc will be confident too. a lotta ppl who don't go2many away games are on about headin down. be great if we cud match what travelled to monaghan

garykelly
04/09/2005, 4:42 PM
It's going to be a cracking game. Cork are a great example of what a club can do. I think Cork are the model that Sligo Rovers will look to imitate in the coming seasons . I defo think we'll be going up this year and if we can do what Cork have done in the next 3/4/5 seasons then i'll be well happy. Time for us to go up and always stay up.

It's going to be a wonderful event in Cork. A good game between two very good sides in their own right and may the best team on the night win !

Da Real Rover
04/09/2005, 5:35 PM
How times have changed.
It wasnt half bad against Pats, Petmuller forever the optimist.

redman
04/09/2005, 6:54 PM
Is the game on the 23rd, 24th or 25th?

redman
04/09/2005, 8:02 PM
Do ye think this will be an all ticket match?????

Tony Quinn told me last night the game is on TG4.

Rebal Boy
04/09/2005, 8:17 PM

Just to let ye know all City home matches are all ticket. They are €13 for adults and €5 for children, but the adult fare was put up to €15 for the 0-0 game with Harps. I don't know if it will be that price for the Sligo game eatier. How many of you guys are coming down for it?

paudie
05/09/2005, 10:28 AM
Is the game on the 23rd, 24th or 25th?

Our home matches are ususally on Friday, which would be the 23rd.

However I think TG4 are showing 2 of the quarter finals live so it might be moved to Saturday.

paudie
05/09/2005, 10:34 AM

Tickets are on sale from booths for all City games. You have to buy a ticket before going to the turnstile.

However this game won't be sold out and you'll be able to get tickets on the night no bother.

pete
05/09/2005, 11:14 AM
The game will be played on friday unless moved for TV. If not on TV will definitely be on the friday.

1 9 2 8
05/09/2005, 5:51 PM
The last time we played CCFC in the cup was in '98 we had to buy our tickets in the Showgrounds. We were told we wouldn't get any in the cross on match day I assume it will be the same this time. The game will be on Friday the 23rd according to TG4
http://www.tg4.ie/spor/sac.htm