PDA

View Full Version : Benitez Hints At Cisse Exit

ali2005
27/08/2005, 3:07 PM
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admitted Djibril Cisse may have put himself into the shop window after his two goals secured the UEFA Super Cup for the European champions.

The 24-year -old French striker has been the subject of intense speculation that Liverpool would have to sell him in order to fund Michael Owen's return from Real Madrid.

The Liverpool manager said: 'We have not had offers. After this game and his goals maybe we will have a lot of offers. We must enjoy this trophy and we have five more days for talking about these other things.'

thejollyrodger
27/08/2005, 6:14 PM
I never rated Cisse since I seen him going off the right when playing up front. As lawerson said, it was like having déjà vu with Diouf. Anyway, watching him drifting off like that and seeing the injuries he picked up I reckoned he wasnt up for it.

From a liverpool point of view, it would be better to have Owen than Cisse

ali2005
28/08/2005, 12:59 PM
Owen and Morientes up front would be a great partnership. If Owen does come back to Anfield I wonder what the fans will say?

sligoman
28/08/2005, 1:44 PM
If Owen does come back to Anfield I wonder what the fans will say?They want him back so I'd say they'd say yipee! :rolleyes: :D

Tony Montana
28/08/2005, 2:18 PM
If you remember,Owens final season at Anfield,he wasn't exactly pulling his weight.
Wouldn't have him back for the simple reason that he could have one good season leading up to the world cup,then what's to stop him going back to the way he was before once he's assured of a place in the England team?
Keep Cisse and Morientes and if they're going to sign a striker from Spain I'd like to see Fernando Torres join.
Really need another centre back first though.

ali2005
28/08/2005, 3:53 PM
They want him back so I'd say they'd say yipee! :rolleyes: :D

Not all fans want him back. But im not one of them

sligoman
28/08/2005, 3:57 PM
Not all fans want him back. But im not one of themThe majority of them do though. The way Liverpool are playing at the moment they should be happy to sign any Real Madrid reject ;)

ciaran76
29/08/2005, 9:04 AM
[QUOTE=Tony Montana] if they're going to sign a striker from Spain I'd like to see Fernando Torres join.QUOTE]

I don't think Lpool or any team in England except Chelsea could afford to buy Torres. He looks a good player all the same.

gustavo
29/08/2005, 9:09 AM
benitez doesnt seem to want owen but his hand might be forced by the chairman and the fans, will be intersting if he does join he didnt make the real squad at the weekend so i would say that his time at the club is limited only glimmer of hope for him is that they are playing baptista on the left of midfield for some reason.

noby
29/08/2005, 9:29 AM
Up to now Benitez has been forcing the boards hand: 'if you want to get Owen, then buy me a centre back first'

As for Lord Cisse, considering last season, I think he deserves more time.

"they should be happy to sign any Real Madrid reject"

They did. Nunez.

gustavo
29/08/2005, 9:38 AM
id say they would have been happy with any one of figo samuel or solari though :D

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:06 PM
benitez doesnt seem to want owen but his hand might be forced by the chairman and the fans, will be intersting if he does join he didnt make the real squad at the weekend so i would say that his time at the club is limited only glimmer of hope for him is that they are playing baptista on the left of midfield for some reason.He's on his way to Newcastle today. SEE. (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p233.htm)

Owen is currently on his way to Newcastle for talks with the club. It is understood that the 25-year-old will also visit Liverpool

:eek: