PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the money from gate receipts?

Fair_play_boy
27/08/2005, 12:28 PM
7000 at the Cross the other night.
Say €18,000 for 2000 tickets for under 16s
and €90,000 for the 5000 adult tickets
The 10% shortfall in ticket income takes into account season ticket holders.
Does city have to give some of this €108,000 to UEFA and some to Djurgardens IF?
How much? Does anybody here know?
Just wondering.

ccfcman
27/08/2005, 4:26 PM
Not an accountant I assume!

5500 was the limit apparently :/

Fair_play_boy
28/08/2005, 2:08 PM
Not an accountant I assume!

5500 was the limit apparently :/Not at the game I assume!
There were hundreds standing behind St. Annes end, many more were sitting three to two seats at that end too.
And, the media reports were consistent about the 7000 figure.
So, does anybody have info about the breakdown of the take?

daveh
28/08/2005, 5:25 PM
I would assume that the official attendance will be given as 5,500 cos that was the official capacity under uefa rules,anything over would be a breach of uefa seating rules i assume?We dont want to be getin in trouble with uefa now do we?!

pete
28/08/2005, 7:13 PM
I would assume that the official attendance will be given as 5,500 cos that was the official capacity under uefa rules,anything over would be a breach of uefa seating rules i assume?We dont want to be getin in trouble with uefa now do we?!

The club were very clever about whole "sell out" issue. No need to publicise too much.

daveh
28/08/2005, 7:26 PM
Dont uefa have officials at all european games looking out for rule breaches,or are they all just referee assessors?

Maybe Lennox gave him a free fish supper to shut him up :D !!

Dodge
28/08/2005, 7:30 PM
Lads you're grossly overstimating gate recipts. A crowd of 1,000 usually brings about €5K in. So Cork are looking at less than €30K. Still brilliant but its not the windfall you may think

Counting Crow
28/08/2005, 7:42 PM
Lads you're grossly overstimating gate recipts. A crowd of 1,000 usually brings about €5K in. So Cork are looking at less than €30K. Still brilliant but its not the windfall you may think

Eh, that means of the 1,000 fans, 750 of them got in for nothing !!!!!!

So if there were 7,000 at the game, 5,250 got in free going by your figures.

HELLO! WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST DODGE

Dodge
28/08/2005, 7:52 PM
Well I don't know what cork Charged for the game but they're the figures for a league game. Check with anyonewho's actually been involved in counting. In my experience people always underestimate the amount of free tickets (sponsors, families) and hugely underestimate the amount of kids and other discounts.

Like I said I reckon cork raked in about 30K which is still great

daveh
28/08/2005, 7:52 PM
You obviously havent factored in the €20 ticket price and if thats all Pats are getin for a 1000 strong crowd id be worried if i were you!

pete
28/08/2005, 8:12 PM
We have big crowd but have more kids & teenagers than any other eL ground. Costs 7k+ to run a game at the cross too.

A face
28/08/2005, 9:17 PM

dodge ... i know what your saying and your dead right .... but your a bit under there ... just say 5000 @ €10 a piece .... €50,000 .... and knock off €10,000 for the sake of it. That is well under .... but the point that should be made is ....

People are inflating the figure ... and it aint doing anyone any favours. Its great to have the hype but its the actual figures that matter.

Fair_play_boy
28/08/2005, 9:44 PM
So, back on topic, and to avoid the scrutiny of UEFA, and others who are clever with their calculators, could I put it simply. Of every €100 taken at the gate (after costs are taken into account) does anybody here know how this is divided out?
This is not a trick question. Just a set of fractions or percentages would do.

A face
28/08/2005, 9:52 PM
Of every €100 taken at the gate (after costs are taken into account) does anybody here know how this is divided out?
This is not a trick question. Just a set of fractions or percentages would do.

Now ... thats the Question !! :)

Troy.McClure
28/08/2005, 11:14 PM

I met a guy today in Dublin who kinda works with the FAI (dont know if he reads this, sound bloke anyway) and he said that UEFA have noticed all the people standing around the X and arent happy with it. City have already been reported over the smoke bombs too I think. He aslo said that a jurno friend of his said that Slavia Prague are a very good team :(

About the attendance, remember that about 1/3 of teh top tier of the Donnie Ford is for suits, sponcers and players families, so thats a relitively big 5age

daveh
28/08/2005, 11:30 PM
I think uefa have to use a bit of common sense here
There was no danger to anyone in the ground and the crowd created a wonderful atmosphere and a great occasion for football,especially to promote the domestic game here,everyone i talked to who watched it on t.v. said how great it was and how they wished they could have been there

The seating rules, while a good idea in larger grounds, make little sense in smaller grounds with invariably smaller teams,after all it was the european heavyweights who started all the terrace violence and crushing back in the 80's,which punished smaller clubs with miniscule budgets compared to their own who couldnt afford to have all-seater grounds

Uefa should show a little leeway to the smaller clubs that need the gate money a lot more than the leading clubs

A face
28/08/2005, 11:41 PM
I think uefa have to use a bit of common sense here
There was no danger to anyone in the ground and the crowd created a wonderful atmosphere and a great occasion for football,especially to promote the domestic game here,everyone i talked to who watched it on t.v. said how great it was and how they wished they could have been there

The seating rules, while a good idea in larger grounds, make little sense in smaller grounds with invariably smaller teams,after all it was the european heavyweights who started all the terrace violence and crushing back in the 80's,which punished smaller clubs with miniscule budgets compared to their own who couldnt afford to have all-seater grounds

Uefa should show a little leeway to the smaller clubs that need the gate money a lot more than the leading clubs

Yeah ... exactly .... UEFA can either use common sense or act the kunt. Its all very well have those rules for 50,000 people but five is a different matter. They need to cop on a bit here !!

pete
29/08/2005, 9:52 AM
City keep all the cash themselves, Uefa & away teams get zero.

I'm sure most of those people standing moved from other areas of the ground as wanted to be close to the action & atmosphere at the end of the game. Sure i heard was big gaps in the Donie Forde Stand in the 2nd half... Honest.

patsh
29/08/2005, 10:37 AM
City keep all the cash themselves, Uefa & away teams get zero.

I'm sure most of those people standing moved from other areas of the ground as wanted to be close to the action & atmosphere at the end of the game. Sure i heard was big gaps in the Donie Forde Stand in the 2nd half... Honest.
Thats true.
Sure they was hardly anyone used their seats in the Derrynane......:p

Fair_play_boy
29/08/2005, 2:54 PM
City keep all the cash themselves, Uefa & away teams get zero.At last. Thank you!
Now I can put on a smile bigger than the one I have had since last Thursday night.
:)

pete
29/08/2005, 3:49 PM
Thats true.
Sure they was hardly anyone used their seats in the Derrynane......:p

Yeah there was big gap for crowd segregation so that accounts for 500 of the standing people :p

Éanna
01/09/2005, 8:51 PM
AFAIK, the MFA get €7,000 in rent from City for every game at the cross, so that knocks a tidy bit off it straight away :rolleyes:

Rebal Boy
01/09/2005, 8:56 PM
AFAIK, the MFA get €7,000 in rent from City for every game at the cross, so that knocks a tidy bit off it straight away :rolleyes:

Where did you here that from? :confused: €7000. :eek: Thats some money.

Éanna
01/09/2005, 9:11 PM
Where did you here that from? :confused: €7000. :eek: Thats some money.
I heard a figure from a number of senior people at the club, including B lennox, and as far as I can remember it was €7,000. I might be mistaken, but thats my memory. Would certainly explain why they won't sell!

pete
02/09/2005, 9:13 AM
I heard a figure from a number of senior people at the club, including B lennox, and as far as I can remember it was €7,000. I might be mistaken, but thats my memory. Would certainly explain why they won't sell!

Was it €7,000 to the MFA or 7k to stage a game which woudl include security? I thought it was the later...

:confused:

Peadar
02/09/2005, 10:22 AM
Was it €7,000 to the MFA or 7k to stage a game which woudl include security?

€7K to stage a game, I'd imagine.
That would include the cost of turning on the the lights.