PDA

View Full Version : EL makes front page of todays herald.

Pages : [1] 2

kdjaC
27/08/2005, 12:21 PM
Well done Bohs fans , seriously well done.

FFs his whole family being terrorised by scumbags who think because he played for them they own him , or he owes them somfin other than being top scorer whilst with them.

Sickening tbh noone should have to deal with that ****.

kdjac

Ruairi
27/08/2005, 12:41 PM
what was the article??

thejollyrodger
27/08/2005, 12:57 PM
What ?

patsh
27/08/2005, 1:09 PM
Is this about the "death Threats" to Crowe?
IF there were any threats like this, it is sickening in the extreme.
However, the Herald is not above a little exageration, is it?:rolleyes:

Buller
27/08/2005, 3:00 PM
Whats going on?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Poor Student
27/08/2005, 3:06 PM
That's the most incoherent thing I've ever read. :eek: I assume Bohs fans are attacking Foley and his family or something? :confused:

kdjaC
27/08/2005, 4:06 PM
Anyone think to get the Herald :eek:

No way in well i retyping all that.

In Short

Crowe and his family being terrorised and living in fear for his family as he has being getting death threats and constant abuse for the last 2 weeks.

kdjac

Vitruvian Man
27/08/2005, 4:29 PM
Anyone think to get the Herald :eek:

No, I have enough toilet-paper in my house.

Crowe and his family being terrorised and living in fear for his family as he has being getting death threats and constant abuse for the last 2 weeks.

Jeez. I know he hasn't exactly set the scoring charts alight. But Shels fans should be a bit more patient. At least give the man a full season for God's sake.

Buller
27/08/2005, 5:34 PM
Anyone think to get the Herald
Sorry but im never getting that herrag ever again... anti-eircom league *******s...

Anto McC
27/08/2005, 5:44 PM
The last paragraph is the important one,it goes like this

The Eicom league has been blighted by ugly incidents of hooliganism over the last 3 years and has seen regular street brawls involving fans from predominantly Dublin teams

Billy Lord
27/08/2005, 6:32 PM
This was old news a week ago - now it's the big story in the Herald, whose anti-EL hype is grossly misleading and obviously calculated when you factor in the lies they've printed in the past about the SRFC Ultras.
Could the context of this latest `exclusive' have anything to do with Cork City's progress in the UEFA Cup?
The last thing those despicable scumbags want is a thriving EL.

daveh
27/08/2005, 6:37 PM
What regular street brawls would these be??Sounds greatly exaggerated to me,I presume the herald has excellent premiership coverage :rolleyes:

TonyD
27/08/2005, 9:14 PM
Read this, and it's the biggest heap of schite, even by Herald standards. Must have been a really slow day in Abbey St. 2 Week old news regurgitated and splashed all over the front page. As Billy Lord says, you would have to wonder about their agenda. "Regular street brawls" my hole. But on the upside there was a rivetting article by Paul Hyland :rolleyes: about how Graeme Souness is a crap manager. Bunch of clowns. :mad:

pete
27/08/2005, 11:11 PM
Maybe the FAI could threaten the Herald with losing their accreditation for International Press Conferences if they don't stop printing crap?

Dyl10
28/08/2005, 12:31 AM
There not printing crap though are they? It may not be street brawls but more inside the ground fighting! especially this year there have been a couple of ugly incidents!!!
Heres a few:
1. The Cork fella getting his head split(in richmond but im not sure)
2. Drogheda V Bohs in drogheda, the fans were fighting after that one!
3. Bohs and Rovers(im not going to get into this one because it doesn't seem to stop between these 2)
4. Pats V Shells over that flag thing
5. Linfield supporters and those so-called rovers fans after the setanta cup

and thats just 5 quickly off the top of my head :eek:

Speranza
28/08/2005, 12:52 AM
The incidents listed above are minor and I think the gripe many have is that they don't bother with the EL unless its bad publicity. Would be different if they were dedicating entire sections to it and reporting all elements but they don't.

Dodge
28/08/2005, 1:20 AM
There not printing crap though are they? It may not be street brawls but more inside the ground fighting! especially this year there have been a couple of ugly incidents!!!
Heres a few:
3. Bohs and Rovers(im not going to get into this one because it doesn't seem to stop between these 2)

having been witness to the 2 involving Pats fans, there aws a total of 4 people involved. Out of 4,000 who attended those games.

Get real

Sam Savic
28/08/2005, 5:24 AM
The whole article is a joke. After "detailing" all the death threats to Glen Crowe the article finishes with the final line...Glen Crowe was not available for comment.
Unbelievable but typical from the herald.

Réiteoir
28/08/2005, 11:37 AM
Reaction to this article:

The journo couldn't even make his mind up as to whether last week's game was in Tolka or dalymount

He refers to the Judas thing on the pitch at Tolka, then says that punters were frisked on the way into dalymount where Crowe scored, ironically (according to him) from the very spot where Judas had been written

A good trick eh? Taking a shot from just outside the 6 yard box at Tolka and putting it into the net at Dalyer. Who says ginge is past his best?

He also says Crowe was first capped against Norway, not Greece.

Dyl10
28/08/2005, 11:51 AM
having been witness to the 2 involving Pats fans, there aws a total of 4 people involved. Out of 4,000 who attended those games.

Get real

I am real! :rolleyes:
I wasn't at those pats games but my mates were and he said it was more than just four lads fighting :p

bohs til i die
28/08/2005, 12:07 PM
Heres a few:

your talking ******. There has been no fighting in the grounds that I can recall, apart from Ollie assaulting the photographer. Bohs v Rovers is now kept well away from the stadium because security in and around the ground is usually very heavy.

Colm
28/08/2005, 12:15 PM
The Evening Hearald is an absolute disgrace. Between this and the SRFC ultras are nazis article the FAI surely would have a right to bar them from press conferences etc.

What can we as fans do to try and get the Hearald to cop on??

bohs til i die
28/08/2005, 12:20 PM
Heres a few:

your talking ******. There has been no fighting in the grounds that I can recall, apart from Ollie assaulting the photographer. Bohs v Rovers is now kept well away from the stadium because security in and around the ground is usually very heavy.

pete
28/08/2005, 7:10 PM
The Herald is the type of rag that would have a huge front page headline like "World Ends Tomorrow... (see page 5)" & continued on page 5 with "...says crazy person"

:rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
28/08/2005, 7:21 PM
Read this, and it's the biggest heap of schite, even by Herald standards. Must have been a really slow day in Abbey St. 2 Week old news regurgitated and splashed all over the front page. As Billy Lord says, you would have to wonder about their agenda. "Regular street brawls" my hole. But on the upside there was a rivetting article by Paul Hyland :rolleyes: about how Graeme Souness is a crap manager. Bunch of clowns. :mad:

Agree with everything you say bar one thing.
:p Point of information they moved to Talbot Street.

Slash/ED
28/08/2005, 8:03 PM
It's not that they report the bad news that people complain about, it's that they only report the bad news. Never a good word to say about the league, and never a bad word to say about the English/Scottish games no matter what problems crop up between fans.

daveh
28/08/2005, 8:08 PM
Whats their problem with the eircom league exactly?Is their sole purpose to appeal to barstoolers or sumtin,with these "collect 5 tokens and get liverpools champions league win/farce on video" promotions?
Enlighten me please

A face
28/08/2005, 10:50 PM
Whats their problem with the eircom league exactly?Is their sole purpose to appeal to barstoolers or sumtin,with these "collect 5 tokens and get liverpools champions league win/farce on video" promotions?
Enlighten me please

Lads, all the people complaining .... do you refuse to buy it ??

Do you convince other not to buy it ??

Do you tear it up/burn it where possbile so less people will read it ??

If any othe those answers are no ... then there is your problem.

Troy.McClure
28/08/2005, 11:05 PM
Lads, all the people complaining .... do you refuse to buy it ??

Do you convince other not to buy it ??

Do you tear it up/burn it where possbile so less people will read it ??

I do!

On the point of the Evil Gerald not saying good things about the eL, they did call Crowe an "Irish international star" :eek: :D :rolleyes:

A face
28/08/2005, 11:14 PM
they did call Crowe an "Irish international star" :eek: :D :rolleyes:

He is not .... Liars ... i know it !! :eek: :p

It is a rag ... and a waste of money ... you wont be any wiser for having read it ... Pointless exercise even buying it.

NY Hoop
29/08/2005, 12:55 PM
Heres a few:

Well you can take away number 5 cos it's complete crap.

KOH

Gareth
29/08/2005, 2:10 PM
The Herald is a useless paper and I have decided a long time ago not to spend time highlighting it so I will end this here.

The situation of Glen Crowe and getting threats. Bohs fans know its true. I think its appauling to the extreme. But what can you do about it. Hopefully the police sort it out and this kind of behaviour stops in the league. The worst part of this kind of thing is seeing people defend or applaud it.

bohs til i die
29/08/2005, 2:17 PM
The Herald is a useless paper and I have decided a long time ago not to spend time highlighting it so I will end this here.

The situation of Glen Crowe and getting threats. Bohs fans know its true. I think its appauling to the extreme. But what can you do about it. Hopefully the police sort it out and this kind of behaviour stops in the league. The worst part of this kind of thing is seeing people defend or applaud it.

who has defended or applauded what has been happening?

To be perfectly honest, it probably is happening, but it also amazes me to see so many Shels fans defend Ollie no matter what he does, or who he assaults. No matter how much photographic evidence, he is always portrayed the victim.

I hope Roddy goes all the way to court with Ollie. Shels fans constantly bleat on about how fans of other clubs misbehave, yet Ollie Byrne, the OWNER of Shelbourne FC constantly brings bad publicity upon the league. We even have a good few Shels fans now only too willing to confront Bohs fans as we left Tolka last week.

Slash/ED
29/08/2005, 2:18 PM

To be perfectly honest, it probably is happening, but it also amazes me to see so many Shels fans defend Ollie no matter what he does, or who he assaults. No matter how much photographic evidence, he is always portrayed the victim.

I hope Roddy goes all the way to court with Ollie. Shels fans constantly bleat on about how fans of other clubs misbehave, yet Ollie Byrne, the OWNER of Shelbourne FC constantly brings bad publicity upon the league. We even have a good few Shels fans now only too willing to confront Bohs fans as we left Tolka last week.

Beautiful diversionary tactics, barely a sentence on topic before you had to get into a vintage sh*tetalk about Shels and Ollie.

Drumcondra Red
29/08/2005, 2:22 PM

KOH
True, it was before ;)

Macy
29/08/2005, 2:24 PM
Never read the Herald, let alone buy it, but if Crowe and/or Shels went to the paper they're wánkers in this too....

1) It means the dicks that are doing it have won, or are percieved to have won.
2) Drags the league through the mud and gives the excuse for the media to have another go.

Either let the plod deal with it, or get on with it - they'll get bored soon. By crying to the media he's just ensured he'll get this shít in the run up to every derby game.

Gareth
29/08/2005, 2:24 PM

Well firstly its being appluaded alot on the Bohs forum that is available for us to read. I don't know whether in the private area you all comdemn it. On the Shels board there are a number of very proud bohs supporters hailing these actions. In fact someone of your namesake is not exactly condemning the acts. Of course its going on as well. None of this probably. As for Shelbourne misbehaving, I fully agree that when people do silly things they should be punished. Pat is suspended and received a huge fine. Ollie's case is pending. Stu is suspended. We are being punished and I agree we should. Its not as though we are getting away with it?

Jerry The Saint
29/08/2005, 3:56 PM
No way in well i retyping all that.

Are you sure you don't write for the Herald yourself...? :p

bohs til i die
29/08/2005, 4:58 PM
Well firstly its being appluaded alot on the Bohs forum that is available for us to read. I don't know whether in the private area you all comdemn it. On the Shels board there are a number of very proud bohs supporters hailing these actions. In fact someone of your namesake is not exactly condemning the acts. Of course its going on as well. None of this probably. As for Shelbourne misbehaving, I fully agree that when people do silly things they should be punished. Pat is suspended and received a huge fine. Ollie's case is pending. Stu is suspended. We are being punished and I agree we should. Its not as though we are getting away with it?

Gareth

nobody on the Bohs message board is glorifying what happened. Neither is it being condemned by one and all. Its a load of rubbish if you ask me. I have no doubt that a few phone calls are being made, but I dont think there is too much in them. I dont think anyone is going do anything more then the phone calls.

Also I think you'll find that I wont allow any names/numbers/addresses on the MB.

http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1123961479&page=1

Sam Savic
29/08/2005, 6:02 PM
I think you're all still missing the point. The article was written by a "journalist" who got no official statement from the Gardai and Glen Crowe wasn't available for comment.
Great research.

Dyl10
29/08/2005, 6:20 PM

KOH

Ok keep lying to yourself :rolleyes:

LukeO
30/08/2005, 12:34 AM
Also I think you'll find that I wont allow any names/numbers/addresses on the MB.

F*cking spoilsport :p

Roverstillidie
30/08/2005, 11:48 AM
Ok keep lying to yourself :rolleyes:

what the hell does that mean?

are you saying you actually belive oily that it was Rovers fans? despite the lack of proof?

chippie0001
30/08/2005, 12:38 PM
Having been away for the weekend I missed the article. Going by what I hear there are no quotes from Glen himself, no quotes from the police. From talking to people in the club the police have made no investigation etc. So in short this article comes from Ollie and Nutsy. The same Ollie that was going to prove Rovers attacked Linfield! I think we are still waiting for that proof. It seems that anyone can go to teh herald with unconfirmed stories and they will print them. To me I just think its more Shels lies, they are not happy with where they are in the league to they make up crap to discredit other clubs and hope their own fans ignore the fact that they are 3rd and out if everything already. In fairness to Ollie he is right and Shels fan by and large do ignore this.

On the other side it is wrong that fans should ring Glen and abuse him. He does not deserve that at all for what he did at Bohs. Honkins on the other hand......

Peadar
30/08/2005, 12:58 PM
Didn't Pete Mahon and his familly get abused during his spell as manager and Bohs?

Slash/ED
30/08/2005, 1:12 PM
Having been away for the weekend I missed the article. Going by what I hear there are no quotes from Glen himself, no quotes from the police. From talking to people in the club the police have made no investigation etc. So in short this article comes from Ollie and Nutsy. The same Ollie that was going to prove Rovers attacked Linfield! I think we are still waiting for that proof. It seems that anyone can go to teh herald with unconfirmed stories and they will print them. To me I just think its more Shels lies, they are not happy with where they are in the league to they make up crap to discredit other clubs and hope their own fans ignore the fact that they are 3rd and out if everything already. In fairness to Ollie he is right and Shels fan by and large do ignore this.

On the other side it is wrong that fans should ring Glen and abuse him. He does not deserve that at all for what he did at Bohs. Honkins on the other hand......

Vintage Bohs b*ll*cks blindly assuming Ollie is behind all the ills in their world and then talking sh*te. You call it 'lies' yet your last paragraph would seem to imply you believe phone calls were made :confused:

And Peader, apparently so yes. A few phone calls were made supposedly, though I hear it was Ollie afterall.

bohs til i die
30/08/2005, 2:03 PM
Didn't Pete Mahon and his familly get abused during his spell as manager and Bohs?

No he wasnt.

He got the normal Mahon out chants and a few people did go to the tunnel area to give him stick. His family were in the stand and they got upset at this.

As for the stuff he claims happened outside his home, thats more rubbish. Nothing happened.

Slash/ED
30/08/2005, 2:05 PM
How could you know that?

Sam Savic
30/08/2005, 4:01 PM
Chippie is spot on. If the journalist had nothing from the Gardai and Glen Crowe wasn't available for comment, where did he get his story. Hardly from Bohemians FC. If it wasn't from Bohemians then where was it from - some Rovers fans wearing Celtic jersies or from the man from whom we are still waiting for proof of the cause of the alleged spot of bother at the Shels V Linfield match in Tolka.
That doesn't mean that Crowe didn't receive any threatening calls. I just don't know because there was no statement from him and none from the Gardai.
I certainly won't be believing anything that comes from that absolute rag, the evening herald.

chippie0001
30/08/2005, 5:37 PM
Vintage Bohs b*ll*cks blindly assuming Ollie is behind all the ills in their world and then talking sh*te. You call it 'lies' yet your last paragraph would seem to imply you believe phone calls were made :confused:

And Peader, apparently so yes. A few phone calls were made supposedly, though I hear it was Ollie afterall.
Well you tell me who is behind it, the article states that both Glen and the police have no comment or info on this? The journo had to get his info from somewhere and apart from Nutsey and Ollie I have seen or heard no one else talking about this. As I said Ollie has a history of this, where is all this proff he was going to show us on Rovers and Linfield even after the police denied any Rovers arrests on the day etc.