PDA

View Full Version : vs UCD

Maz
27/08/2005, 12:11 PM
We are without Barry and Dessie tonight, Mooney and Cawley are cup tied afaik
It will be a tough game with very little in I think.............

RonnieB
27/08/2005, 12:23 PM
Will be a tough match alright hopefully we can get the result from it.

Sinéad
27/08/2005, 7:12 PM
We're one up - Paul Keegan

Sinéad
27/08/2005, 9:52 PM
Final Score - Longford Town 1 UCD 1

Longfordian
28/08/2005, 12:25 AM
Fookin joke penalty. We really should have won. Hope we're not cursing our luck on Tuesday

pineapple stu
28/08/2005, 12:35 AM
What about the peno we were denied for handball in the area when the ref gave a free on the edge? Swings and roundabouts!

Longfordian
28/08/2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah maybe but that just further highlights his incompetence. He said to our chairman after the match something along the lines of "Ah yeah it was soft but what about Myler's handball was that inside or outside?". The clown was evening up the score as he saw it. Just goes to show that it does actually have an influence on refs, if they turn down a good peno shout they may well give the next one. Everything about the EL is progressing all the time but not the refs. We've had some joke penos for and against us recently. 6 of our last 7 games have had penos for either side.

pineapple stu
28/08/2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah maybe but that just further highlights his incompetence.
No maybe about it! ;) Though nice to see you acknowledge it. Ironically, the programme contained a rant by the chairman at the standard of refereeing, specifically rubbishing the recent Aertel article which said they were great!

We've had some joke penos for and against us recently. 6 of our last 7 games have had penos for either side.
We've gotten 4 penos in our last 6! :) Only missed one... :mad: :p

Longfordian
28/08/2005, 1:00 AM
Ironically, the programme contained a rant by the chairman at the standard of refereeing, specifically rubbishing the recent Aertel article which said they were great!

Yeah, we've now decided not to give refs the programme before matches any more! Going to be tough again on Tuesday that's what's most annoying, we had it. Btw when are you lot going to score in these half time games, twice now I've sat in eager anticipation yet...nothing..apart from Marty's red card tackle of course.

RonnieB
28/08/2005, 3:54 AM
martinhos red card tackle indeed! ball before man!

the 12 th man
28/08/2005, 9:15 AM
We did more than enough to put this tie to bed,between Cronin hitting the bar and Keegan caught between shooting and passing when in a great position we let the "Students" off the hook big-time..............oh hold on a minute, it was that tosser in the black with the whistle who did it. :mad:

One F v STIG:Goals were too small,
best chant:"Massop for Holland!!!!!!!!!" :D
best tackle:Marty's slider that took the Stig guy down from the hip.

Maz
28/08/2005, 4:13 PM
eleven-a-side (http://eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18872) UCD peg back holders

August 28, 2005

Longford Town 1-1 UCD
An injury time penalty kick by striker Robbie Martin helped UCD to a draw with holders Longford Town in Saturday night’s FAI Carlsberg Cup third round tie at Flancare Park.

Longford, whose reign as eircom League Cup holders was ended by Derry City last week, were anxious to extend their run in the FAI Cup against their Premier Division rivals.

They looked on course for a place in the last eight when Paul Keegan put them ahead before the half hour.

The former Bohemians striker got on the end of an Andy Myler flick-on to divert the ball past UCD’s Irish under-21 international goalkeeper Darren Quigley.

Keegan spurned a chance to extend the lead shortly before half-time but was unable to find the target from John Martin’s cross.

Gary Cronin hit the bar midway through the second half as Longford continued to dominate but just when the home side were about to celebrate a place in the last eight, UCD struck to earn a replay.

Danny O’Connor was the man penalized by referee Anthony Buttimer for the controversial decision, and Robbie Martin held his nerve to beat Stephen O’Brien from 12 yards.

pineapple stu
28/08/2005, 6:47 PM
best chant:"Massop for Holland!!!!!!!!!" :D
I heard that! :D

In the actual game, I liked youz singing "Cross bar is a traitor" and us replying "Crossbar for Ireland" after youz hit the bar.

Aberdonian Stu
29/08/2005, 3:26 PM
Is the third instalment of Clash of the fanzines going ahead tomorrow night?

Bald Student
29/08/2005, 5:05 PM
We're ready for a game anyway. Maybe a bit fewer than 8-a-side to open up the games a bit?

Aberdonian Stu
29/08/2005, 5:08 PM
We're ready for a game anyway. Maybe a bit fewer than 8-a-side to open up the games a bit?
Fewer! You're betraying you're own team again. I know the likes of John83 and Student Mullet wouldn't stand for that sort of attitude and neither will I.

Maz
30/08/2005, 2:00 PM
Many of you going to the game?

Two buses going from Town with quiet a few driving up after work etc.....

Pauro 76
30/08/2005, 3:08 PM
martinhos red card tackle indeed! ball before man!

why am i not surprised! :D is he suspended?

Bald Student
30/08/2005, 3:12 PM
Two buses going from Town

We'll probably outnumber them 10:1.Sounds about right. We're coming in a taxi.

Martinho II
31/08/2005, 10:23 PM
why am i not surprised! :D is he suspended?

in my defense i just saw the ball and decided to go for it full blooded not once but twice on the same guy! poor fellow was running the half marathon the following day!

that was the only thing i could do all day in the game!