PDA

View Full Version : LoI Player Development and Education pilot initiative.

Nesta99
18/10/2023, 3:11 AM
Apologies if this is buried in another thread, if so mod please delete. Just saw this initiative that has been put together by Gavin Bazunu, Seamus Coleman, and James McClean, a pilot scheme that they are funding to show that young players can be developed and educated in the hope that this will garner greater attention and subsequently funding for a much larger cohort of young players in the future. It is somethig that should be done as part of all academy setups - Including the St Kevins, Cherry Orchard types or those who that havent a LoI link up.

Fair play to these lads for giving this a go and creating profile. I was told a while back tat when Bazunu was negotiating terms with Man City he insisted on SRFC getting recognised in the finances properly and, he cares and is an all round good chap and this certainly would back this opinion up. I hope it gets the exposure and support it needs and get it off the ground.

https://x.com/IrelandFootball/status/1714325398199132526?s=20

Be handy if someone would embed the tweet as I cant lol

ontheotherhand
18/10/2023, 3:34 AM
Gavin is "a real one" as they say. I hope he gets the career he deserves but even if not, he's already done more than most to give back to the next generation.

TonyD
18/10/2023, 4:01 PM
The three lads deserve great credit for this. Brilliant to see. The benefit of having players in the international team who have come up through the league here.