PDA

View Full Version : Tonights FAI Cup results

Rebal Boy
26/08/2005, 8:51 PM
Bohomians 2-2 Wayside Celtic :eek: Am I seeing things.
Bray Wanderers 1-0 Cherry Orchard
Dundalk 0-2 Drogheda United.

Big surprize in the Bohs game. Fair play to Wayside.

sligoman
26/08/2005, 8:55 PM
No, your not seeing things, but if you would of looked here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=28759) you would have saw it too :rolleyes:

Rebal Boy
26/08/2005, 9:03 PM
You were just finishing yours when I was in the middle of mine. I didn't see your one till I went back on the Eircom League section.

sligoman
26/08/2005, 9:06 PM
You were just finishing yours when I was in the middle of mine. I didn't see your one till I went back on the Eircom League section.Ok, I'll accept that as an excuse then ;)

pineapple stu
26/08/2005, 9:12 PM
If we're going to merge the two, can we keep the one which has the thread title spelled correctly? ;)

sligoman
26/08/2005, 9:13 PM
If we're going to merge the two, can we keep the one which has the thread title spelled correctly? ;)Which one's that? :confused:. I see no mistakes in either

monzo
26/08/2005, 9:15 PM
Oriels playing surface is like the inside of an ashtray tbh :eek: :D ;)

pineapple stu
26/08/2005, 9:32 PM
Which one's that? :confused:. I see no mistakes in either
"Tonight's", not "Tonights". Really bugs me. You got it right, though. :)

Dr.Nightdub
26/08/2005, 10:34 PM
One of the more hilariously wrong pre-match predictions from Bohs MB:

Seriously, are you all serious? We are playing Wayside Celtic. A part-time pub team with full-time alcoholics playing for them who played their first game of the season last weekend.
We have a squad of players that are paid close to €1 million a year. If we don’t beat them it will be one of the most shameful days EVER in the history of the club. If we don’t hammer them I will still be embarrassed. There is no comparison to either St. Francis (a team who were at the same stage of their season as our part-time team, yet it still goes down as the most embarrassing result in the clubs history) or Kildare Co. (a first division team who were pushing for promotion at stages last season)
****** to all this “It’s their cup-final’ and “They have nothing to lose” crap, They have their dignity to lose and I fully hope and expect that they are humiliated on Friday night. I fully expect a score line close to that of the Legends vs the Fans I would nearly play Gregg up-front on his own just to take the **** out of them..
I know we were asked not to expect much this season but for **** sake….

In hindsight, this whole thread is hilarious:
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1124882165&page=1

:D :D :D

sligoman
26/08/2005, 11:27 PM
"Tonight's", not "Tonights". Really bugs me. You got it right, though. :)Jesus, your easily annoyed Stu :rolleyes: :D

Colie
27/08/2005, 9:14 AM
One of the more hilariously wrong pre-match predictions from Bohs MB:
In hindsight, this whole thread is hilarious:
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1124882165&page=1

:D :D :D
Thanks for that Dr. I love it. Hahahaha. Fair play to them. At least they admit total humiliation. I think I'll go up to Kilternan & cheer Wayside on in the replay. Callaghan, I always knew he'd get his name in the papers, just for way different reasons..... :rolleyes:

KR's Post
27/08/2005, 5:05 PM
I think I'll go up to Kilternan & cheer Wayside on in the replay.
The replay is in the carlisle on tuesday night. I'll be down and all looking out for them. Wouldn't want to get wayside in the next round, they are a good side.... Them Bohs fans better behave themselves and stay off the pitch!!!!

dcfcsteve
27/08/2005, 7:27 PM
SATURDAY FAI CUP SCORES

City 1:0 up against Kildare.
Pizza Hutton on 44th min.

Longford 1: 0 UCD

Sligo 0:1 St Pats

dcfcsteve
27/08/2005, 7:39 PM
City 2:0 up now - Gareth McGlynn

Poor Student
27/08/2005, 8:30 PM
Longford Town 1-1 UCD
Keegan 27 Martin 90

Sligo Rovers 2-1 St Pat's Ath
Low 40 Armstrong 34
McTiernan 69

Derry City 3-1 Kildare County
Hutton 44 Zellor 64
McGlynn 50
Farren 54

Another UCD cup rescue at the death. :D

Rebal Boy
27/08/2005, 9:10 PM
Congrats Sligo. Great win for ye. ;) Another Dublin team gone. Yeesss. :D
If we beat Finn Harps on Monday in which we should I just hope we avoid Derry away. I'm sure they want to avoid playing us at The X. City vs Sligo would be a nice one or even City vs Wayside Celtic. :D

TonyD
27/08/2005, 9:28 PM
Congrats Sligo. Great win for ye. ;) Another Dublin team gone. Yeesss. :D

Fluck it anyway. :mad: :mad: :mad: I hate this season. Knew this would be tough but I thought we would at least get a replay out of it.

RonnieB
27/08/2005, 9:29 PM
Longford Town 1-1 UCD
Keegan 27 Martin 90

S

Another UCD cup rescue at the death. :D

You can thank the ref for the most hilarious penatly decision ive seen in a long time :)

the standard of the reffing in the fans game was of a higher standard :-D

jorge
27/08/2005, 9:33 PM
or even City vs Wayside Celtic. :D
I would'nt be so complacent.You'll just fall flat on your face.

Rebal Boy
27/08/2005, 9:34 PM
Fluck it anyway. :mad: :mad: :mad: I hate this season. Knew this would be tough but I thought we would at least get a replay out of it.

Hard luck lads. I must say it is a surpize result. I also though it was going to be a draw. Thats the F.A.I Cup for you.

RedX
27/08/2005, 9:40 PM
If we can beat Finn Harps Monday night i would love to play Sligo in the Q/F...i would love a trip to the showgrounds..last time i was up there we had a great night(off the pitch after losing).. :D

And before any smart comments Jorge i know we must beat Finn Harps Monday and with the cup anything can happen..here's hoping..

Well done Sligo.. :)

sligoman
27/08/2005, 9:52 PM
Brilliant game and brilliant performance. Pat's fans booed their team off the pitch at the end of the game :D . Through to the last 8 :cool:. This is the game that TG4 should of shown, never mind the Louth derby this was a cracker ;)

jorge
27/08/2005, 10:01 PM
with the cup anything can happen
City v Wayside? ;)

TonyD
27/08/2005, 10:12 PM
Brilliant game and brilliant performance. Pat's fans booed their team off the pitch at the end of the game :D .

:eek: Were we that bad Sligoman? (Go on, I can take it)

sligoman
27/08/2005, 10:20 PM
:eek: Were we that bad Sligoman? (Go on, I can take it)Well ye weren't terrible. I'd say it was the fact that ye were knocked out by a First Divsion team that annoyed them more so ;)

deecay
27/08/2005, 10:20 PM
:eek: Were we that bad Sligoman? (Go on, I can take it)
Im not sligoman, but Pats were pretty poor. I was sitting beside a Pats supporeter. At one point he seemed to be supporting us especially Cretaro and Kudizovic. I was expecting a far better Pats team than the one we got tonight.

pineapple stu
27/08/2005, 11:40 PM
You can thank the ref for the most hilarious penatly decision I've seen in a long time :)
In fairness, the one he gave as a free in looked disgraceful if the reactions of our players was anything to go by - probably a yard or two inside the box. The linesman was right up with play and didn't do anything either! :rolleyes:

Still can't get the hang of scoring goals in these half-time games. May get another chance on Tuesday! :)

dcfcsteve
28/08/2005, 12:22 AM
Good to see Sligo and Wayside Celtic keeping the magic of the cup alive.

When the full draw came out of the hat I thought there'd be no real shocks in there. You could even have been excused for thinking it'd been fixed !

So good to see that there are still surprises (though thankfully not for City ! :D )

Da Real Rover
28/08/2005, 9:20 AM
2 premier division scalps so far so dont be too cocky if ya get us cause we completely played Pats off the pitch, no comparison. Great cup atmosphere.

Rory H
28/08/2005, 11:35 AM
Hard luck lads. I must say it is a surpize result. I also though it was going to be a draw. Thats the F.A.I Cup for you.

we beat the pants off them.... and it was no suprise!

dancinpants
28/08/2005, 11:58 PM

Am...yes it was to be quite honest with you.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 12:01 AM
Am...yes it was to be quite honest with you.Well it shouldn't of been. I expected Rovers to win, no doubt. ;)

dfx-
29/08/2005, 12:35 AM
And so did I...

Roo69
29/08/2005, 8:43 AM
You can thank the ref for the most hilarious penatly decision ive seen in a long time :)

the standard of the reffing in the fans game was of a higher standard :-D

So it was just like the one you were awarded against St. Pats last week then ? :D

gustavo
29/08/2005, 9:17 AM
great performance by us i must say i brought a friend along and now he is left with the impression that sligo rovers are footballing gods:) he is from mayo and fully expected pats to thrash us :D

RonnieB
29/08/2005, 9:22 AM
So it was just like the one you were awarded against St. Pats last week then ? :D

I demand this mans remarks struck from the record! :D

WeAreRovers
29/08/2005, 11:49 AM

Of course it was no surprise - the best team in the 1st against the worst Pats team I've ever seen (and that's saying something).

Pats are RUBBISH and a good few people did well at the bookies from the Sligo/Pats game.

44 Years!!!! :D

KOH

Roo69
29/08/2005, 11:56 AM
I assume you were at that game Roo. Then you will of course know that we had TWO perfectly legitimate penalty claims disregarded - the second one being when Mooney was upended in the box. The ref was a disgrace that night as well. How long more do we have to put up with this $hit for ???

I actually was (the town V pats match that is), Longford were very lucky to win that night in fairness. Pats defo deserved something out of the match.

the 12 th man
29/08/2005, 12:09 PM
In fairness, the one he gave as a free in looked disgraceful if the reactions of our players was anything to go by - probably a yard or two inside the box. The linesman was right up with play and didn't do anything either! :rolleyes:

I think we all know that the standards we saw on Sat (Reffing) night were farcical.Missing one peno (if it was one) and then giving another which clearly wasn't (because he thought he should have given the first one) is pathetic.

Schumi
29/08/2005, 12:12 PM
Refs are $hit shocker. :rolleyes: