PDA

View Full Version : Getting carried away or what?

Superhoops
26/08/2005, 7:13 AM
The wave of euphoria in Cork following their UEFA Cup victory reached tsumani proportions with this after-match quote from Greg O'Halloran:
"All I want now is a big team, the bigger the better, because the chairman has put in a lot of money and deserves a big day. We had great support and I think we'd fill Croke Park, never mind Páirc Uí Chaoimh for the next round."
What a plank!

thejollyrodger
26/08/2005, 7:44 AM
there may be a lot of hype about getting to the first round proper but its good for cork and good for the EL IMO.

the 12 th man
26/08/2005, 7:58 AM
The wave of euphoria in Cork following their UEFA Cup victory reached tsumani proportions with this after-match quote from Greg O'Halloran:
"All I want now is a big team, the bigger the better, because the chairman has put in a lot of money and deserves a big day. We had great support and I think we'd fill Croke Park, never mind Páirc Uí Chaoimh for the next round."
What a plank!

lighten up ffs,
its a great result for anybody who has an interest in the E/L.

Krstic
26/08/2005, 8:23 AM
What a plank!

Sure if you get into Europe anytime soon or get a crowd of more than a few hundred, then maybe you'll know how they feel!!!

Not likely though :eek:

JackeenRebel
26/08/2005, 8:29 AM
We're all aloud to get carried away every now and again :)

Fair play to City, Richardson said he was sticking to the same game plan as in the leauge and he did.

Changing the leauge start date has been brilliant for EL sides in Europe, Im sure we all agree. As much as I dont support Shels I was delighted last season to see an EL side do so well in the Champions Leauge last season, fair play to them and the run they had.... and fair play to them for being **** poor this season too (only kidding).

Does anyone else think 5 seasons down the road the pitch quality will decrease considering the grass will not get as much of a chance to grow in the winter time like it does in the summer?

Jerry The Saint
26/08/2005, 9:53 AM
Another poor result for Swedish teams in Europe. Surely they will now be giving serious consideration to a move to Winter Soccer in order to help their teams compete in Europe.

wws
26/08/2005, 9:56 AM
Halmstadts saved my betfair bacon last night, if linfield had have been full time and in season like cork ive no doubt they would have progressed too, the decline in swedish football standards is really strange

Slash/ED
26/08/2005, 4:46 PM
What a plank!

What are you whinging about?

Hype is good, Cork have a chance now to really get people hyped and jumping on the bandwagon, this is the kind of talk you need to hear.