PDA

View Full Version : LOI Ground Capacity Limitations – Who sets the Retractions, can we Push for a change?

pateen
29/09/2023, 1:11 PM
The GAA can pack em in no problem.

I know plenty of fans and clubs themselves are frustrated by the capacity limitations set on LOI grounds. A lot of annoyance from Galway United fans this weekend for example with the FAI cup sold out and the ground easily accommodating another 1K.

So who sets the restrictions, the FAI, UEFA, The Gardai, Insurance Compamies, someone else?

Can we as LOI fans get this changed?

Nesta99
29/09/2023, 5:32 PM
The GAA can pack em in no problem.

I know plenty of fans and clubs themselves are frustrated by the capacity limitations set on LOI grounds. A lot of annoyance from Galway United fans this weekend for example with the FAI cup sold out and the ground easily accommodating another 1K.

So who sets the restrictions, the FAI, UEFA, The Gardai,....., someone else?

Can we as LOI fans get this changed?

Combinaton of the above, fire officers (Local Athourities) included but the only answer you are likely to get from any of them is the last group!

Can LoI fans change things? Yeah, persist in support of their clubs' in large numbers that outstrip safe capacaties for many back to back seasons and not for a (so far...) flash in the pan.

cláirseach
30/09/2023, 9:36 AM
While the stadia do seem to get evaluated differently, unfortunately I think the errors are tilted the other way, as in my opinion many GAA grounds are disasters waiting to happen.