PDA

View Full Version : This week I will be mostly listening to...

noby
25/08/2005, 3:26 PM
a.k.a. recent purchases.

The Bees - Free the Bees
Picked it up for a fiver in a bagain bin. Only ever heard 'Chicken Payback' on the 'Mystery Train'. Pleasantly surprised. Quite good actually.

Mull Historical Society - Us
Another one of those 'I've been meaning to get that for ages'.Another bargain bin. Some pretty good songs. Some average.

Belle & Sebastian - Push bar man to open old wounds
First time in a long time I bought a new cd, and it's a collection of older stuff. All their e.p.'s on a double album. Had about half of them already. Handy to have them all together.

U2 - October
Uhm, another bargain bin.

Ordinary Boys - Brassbound
I guess they're not the only band around to lift their sound from the late 70's (Jam, Clash, Madness etc.) or their name from Morrissey, but they do it well enough for me

carrickharp
25/08/2005, 3:43 PM
Iron Maiden in preparation for next Wednesday.

superfrank
25/08/2005, 9:57 PM
I bought Lost Horizon by Lemon Jelly and The Payback by James Brown the other day for €32 in Music City. Both really good.

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2005, 10:46 PM
...........very little from the current millenium :p

sadloserkid
28/08/2005, 5:35 PM
Well not all new purchases but...

Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
An 'alternative' American band in that they sound vaguely like Pearl Jam and The Foo Fighters (see also Creed, Cold, Tantric, Train & Fuel). Quite good. Not going to change the way you feel about anything but some good songs. Much like all the bands mentioned above.

The Eels - Beautiful Freak
Bought it for a tenner the other day mostly for 'Susan's House'.

Jerry Cantrell - Boggy Depot
Ex Alice In Chains guitarist 1st solo effort. Better than his second one anyway but after one listen I'm reluctant to say much more.

Everclear - So Much For Afterglow
Because it's one of the best alternative albums ever. In the actually alternative sense as opposed to the 'sound like a few more bands with the alternatie tag'. Listened to it many, many times in the last coupla weeks.